Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:53 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 1:53 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Power5

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:17 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
It's a 1 in 22 chance so you would expect 7 on average, and looks like today was the 7th!

Still waiting for the 7th player with the £250k box, last one was Bob in late March.

Deal or No Deal?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:47 pm    Author: Deal or No Deal?    Post subject:

What a great game today. I was convinced that he would take out the £100,000 as rarely does the 'one box game' end up being the amount of money they end up winning. It's nice to see people taking a big risk like that and lets face it, if he had lost £25,000 it would have been a great shame as he went that far. But fair play to him, he had the courage to play on when I would think many would have dealt at £8,200 but he got his reward.

MichaelC

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 pm    Author: MichaelC    Post subject:

MichaelC wrote:
Thought he'd had it after that start - is it the first time someone's opened the £250k on the first hit?

daniel4389 wrote:
Nope, I think a few people have done it, but nobody has since Chris on 13th February (he wasn't nearly as lucky...only ended up with £1,500).

Qwerty wrote:
Andy K, Mary-Ann, Louise, Irene and Jenna all have too.

Wow - I was very mistaken then :oops:
Thanks for pointing them out - wonder how come I couldn't remember them, I've seen just about every show :-D

Cheers

Michael

Power5

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:59 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

This week has provided winnings of £120,000 in the first two games.

The record week was £170,522 (6th-11th March), a week when all six contestants earned five figure amounts, the biggest win being Germaine with £75,000. If we even get an average return in the next four days that will be broken easily...

johindes

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 am    Author: johindes    Post subject:

I am so glad his bravery payed off, what a fantastic game! Well done Gaz.

Maltus

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:49 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

It was a remarkable turnaround - I really thought it was going to be a trainwreck after the first few rounds.

HillsAngel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:11 am    Author: HillsAngel    Post subject:

Quote:
It was a remarkable turnaround - I really thought it was going to be a trainwreck after the first few rounds.

Absolutely agree. It all started badly and I was expecting Gaz to deal early but I was on the edge of my seat by the end of it all. What an exciting game! After Francesca's rollercoaster game the day before of ups and downs Gaz's was all the way down the slope with a very fast rise to the top at the end. Loved it!
:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

1900al

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:45 am    Author: 1900al    Post subject:

Absolutely brilliant game! So pleased for him. Like that joke about the hundreds and thousands (little did he know!). Great stuff.

Gaz99er

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:52 pm    Author: Gaz99er    Post subject: THANK YOU ALL From GAZ.

Hi Guys - Thank you all so much for your comments etc about my game. I have been reading all the goings on on this site for about 4 weeks now - its awesome. Apologies for not really taking part in the website forum much myself but to be honest I'm not too good on a computer, not that witty and didn't want to come across as a right prat! Just to put one thing straight and I'm sure Endemol wont mind me saying - I was actually offered to swap my box at the end of the game. As box 13 was my birthday I was determined to hang on to it. I think the swap was probably edited out due to daft comment that I came out with through nerves about me having a much bigger one than Toms! The whole experience of DOND was amazing regardless of any amounts of money you can win SO THANK YOU to all you fans of DOND, the players, crew and everyone who just made the whole experience for me life changing in so many ways! Cheers Guys - and DOND for a BAFTA on Monday!
Gaz.
oh yeah sorry to all those watching in widescreen - i really should have blown my nose!!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:21 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

that was the best game ever! i lost my voice for the rest of the day!

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Great to see you Gaz :):)

I'm sure Endemol won't mind you saying either. If you'd opened the box and it had £10,000 and there'd been no swap offer, this place would have erupted, not in joy, but in rage. And it was probably a good thing the swap was edited out given that comment although in situations like that, I'd rather have Noel point out the swap wasn't taken, or even a caption (like the one they use to announce the phone lines for the call-and-lose competition have closed) saying 'swap offered and declined'. Just so it looks fair.

Though as far as I know, every time they've edited out the swap, it's been a huge win (Matt and Hilary are the other examples I can think of).

I was about to give up on that game and watch Fifteen-to-One on Challenge at the second break. If the £100,000 had been hit, I'm sure I would have done that (don't know why I didn't do that today to be honest, that episode hurt); of course, it wasn't there to be hit and I'm so glad I saw it :D :D

I hope we see the Banker revert to sensible play now; he now knows that if he forces players on (and yes, I think he forced you on, the £8,200 offer was nowhere near as generous as people said it was in my opinion and the rest were rubbish) he'll pay out more in the long run...

...and that would be the icing on the cake for you, knowing that you'd humiliated the Endemol guys enough to change their plan...

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:29 pm    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

KP wrote:
...and that would be the icing on the cake for you, knowing that you'd humiliated the Endemol guys enough to change their plan...

or the flake in the ice-cream, perhaps...

sorry sorry sorry, i just can't help myself :-D

nice to see you gaz, next time i'm on the island i'll know where to go for my ice-cream :-D

xxx

Leigh

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:00 pm    Author: Leigh    Post subject:

Great to see you do so well Gaz...I'l be down to the ice cream parlour for a freebie ice cream in the summer ;)

Nice to see such a nice genuine person do so well...and an added bonus that you're from the island :-D

Spend it wisely!

Leigh
xx

DoNDFan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:06 pm    Author: DoNDFan    Post subject:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NZQHXnIeVDc&search=Deal%20or%20No%20Deal

I found this video of Gaz's game towards the end.

All I can say is wow, wow , wow!!! :-D

Amazing!

rico7

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:10 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

If you check out the thread "what is the best game ever" Gaz, your game seems to be the most popular of all time so far, and it's because of your courage in the face of the adversity of the earlier rounds in your game! I used to visit Freshwater Bay regularly some years ago, the whole island is beautiful. Thanks for being a part of this forum!

Suezan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:16 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Gary you truly are the man
and please enjoy your hundred grand

Gaz99er

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:49 pm    Author: Gaz99er    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
Gary you truly are the man
and please enjoy your hundred grand

Suezan- You're not related to Morris by any chance are you! Thanks though. GAz.

Gaz99er

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm    Author: Gaz99er    Post subject:

:lol: hey - thanks guys to all of you who voted for me in the Best Show of the Month poll and also the Best Show ever - how unreal is that! Life after DOND is just crazy - loads of people ranging from students to OAPs have beeen coming into the ice cream parlour to congratulate us and ask questions about the show - I really didn't realise just quite how popular DOND is - it seems everyone watches it. Just in case you are wondering my favourite show has to be Morris's purely for his courage - the hard est decision I had to make in my show was the swap - and that wasn't shown on tv! Anyway guys - take care and thanks again, Gaz.

seanyuk85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:26 am    Author: seanyuk85    Post subject:

i voted for you gaz was truly an awesome show especially after the poor start well done

MEMBER OF THE SUEZAN FAN CLUB

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:57 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

seanyuk85 wrote:
i voted for you gaz was truly an awesome show especially after the poor start well done

Couldnt agree more! :-D

[ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]