Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:37 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 6:37 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:47 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
In fact, if he'd won 1p, he'd have replaced a 1p winner's 1p winning replacement - as Matty (who replaced Simon) both won 1p!!

No he didn't - there was Paul in between who won 24k. It is quite easy to mistake Paul for Simon though. :-D

That's why Dave would have been the first one to do it!!

Oh god and he had the £250,000 yesterday. I know a lot of people would say he would have squandered it, but I think with his attitude he probably could have got to 2-box and dealt for a huge offer, or a very inflated 5 -box offer with it in play!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

suszie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:47 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Very unlucky, to take out all the reds on a really strong board to be left with the two smallest amounts is really unlucky. Was not expecting him to deal the 15p though.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
h2005 wrote:
In fact, if he'd won 1p, he'd have replaced a 1p winner's 1p winning replacement - as Matty (who replaced Simon) both won 1p!!

No he didn't - there was Paul in between who won 24k. It is quite easy to mistake Paul for Simon though. :-D

Oh yes! I forgot Paul... I think someone said a while back that Matty replaced Simon. :? They must've forgotten Paul like I did... which isn't hard as he was basically just an older version of Simon. :P

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow, what a game again!

Dave was an absolute legend, a great character who was not afraid to show an emotional side (it would be nice to hear if his daughter gets in contact with him).

The board was brilliant at one point and next thing, a blue finish. Incredible. I was beginning to think that he would be the next member of the 1p club. But its nice to see a comedy deal again...i wasn't too fond of them when they kept occuring.

Finally, i'm beginning to think W8 is cursed....

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Let me rephrase that - I think that was one of the worst games I've ever READ about. Why do all the good people on the show that everyone likes seem to have the worst luck?

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:14 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

Tom wrote:

You might be right. Last person to get an OPW was Jean, and she was followed by Michael and Terry, two of the less fondly remembered 'wins' of recent times...

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Brick wrote:
Tom wrote:

You might be right. Last person to get an OPW was Jean, and she was followed by Michael and Terry, two of the less fondly remembered 'wins' of recent times...

Oh yeah. Hope the new player wins big then....

trustno1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:07 pm    Author: trustno1    Post subject:

Rockjack wrote:
eeek that was harsh,

i have missed DOND, the australian version was cack..

Hey, I like the Australian version.
Then again, I am Australian.

Muffy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:51 pm    Author: Muffy    Post subject:

Awww what a great game, such a shame about the ending! What a fab guy, he deserved big money, if only for his attitude.
M x

taff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:02 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: DAVE 22/04

Very disappointing result. I thought Dave was a really good participant from the wings and if the boxes had fallen kindly he could have been a big winner. I assume he's the first 15p winner.

NB Why do so many contestants seem to come from the Preston/Blackpool area?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:25 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

I did enjoy that game - not because of the end monetary amount which clearly was awful after that earth-shattering colapse - but because Dave was a likeable character with a good sense of humour who didn't seem to take himself or the game too seriously.

Just as well, because most of the offers didn't require any consideration at all, at least in my opinion. There was clearly an attempt to force him on to the later stages. I suppose £15,000 required a bit of thought, but with a 50% chance of at least that in the box, plus £10k back-up, plus a 5/3 red/blue split, plus only a 10.7% chance of severely damaging the board... I think it was worth carrying on there, although Emma would've dealt.

Just dreadfully unlucky to take out the five reds consecutively, but at least he can't have any regrets about having taken a reckless risk, because the offers were extremely poor. At least he will go into the hall of fame as the first (and surely only) 15p winner, which incidentally was 3% of the mean even on that poor a board!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Actually W8 since Grin Reaper Jean got an OPW has had wins of:

£1,000 (worst deal ever)
£10,000 (could have had £25,000, yeah right!)
£200
1p
£24,000 (a deal for an £100,000 box)
1p
15p!!

And there was Pete winning 10p as well! :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Rubbish game/ great character - the offers were a bit stingy like James said.

I hope this doesn't encourage caution and we have a real player/banker battle soon.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:50 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject:

jiveclive wrote:
I'm so dissapointed it wasn't more but on the other hand he took fate on the chin and he was still smiling. Unlike Angela and Mattys games I actually liked this blue win game. Well done Dave on 15p :-D :-D

i agree with you here, i couldnt even watch what angela got in the end, i just closed 4od down because i was fed up with the tears! Dave's reaction to the £10 was priceless. shame it all wents tts up, but his attitude was just great. Shine a light! :shock:

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:42 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Dave was a good character and it's a shame he only get £10, but to find 5 reds in a row was totally unlucky and ruined any chances of mega money.

But at least Dave took it in his stride and he didn't look too disappointed and overall the banter through out the game provided some fun entertaining moments. I liked when Noel went out back to judge what was in one of the boxes by the pilgrim's reaction, though wasn't there a monitor out there that he was looking at? Followed by the Banker ringing up Dave to tell him there's a break.

I didn't realise that the 14th June was the worst day for payouts in DOND. Not only is that my birthday, but I would keep box 14 till the end and that's not a very lucky box either. That's not a good sign if ever go on the show. So I apologise in advance to whoever is playing on June 14th but I hope you go home with a really low blue, just so June 14th can retain the worst payout day :P

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]