Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Mark77 wrote:
And now the show has become unwatchable. 15K should have been dealt at. Gambling makes for crap games.

Says the person who complains about Deals, often of much more generous offers than that one, that go wrong.

Although decisions that go bad are frustrating either way...!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

I'm so dissapointed it wasn't more but on the other hand he took fate on the chin and he was still smiling. Unlike Angela and Mattys games I actually liked this blue win game. Well done Dave on 15p :-D :-D

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Oh *beep* sake... Just thank god he dealt that 15p...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

That has to be one of the steepest crashes I've seen in a long time!

Just seeing those reds so many of them together I just knew they'd all stumble, and just prayed it wouldn't collapse!

Poor guy - I so hope he gets that call!

15p though - what a unique deal! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Well he didn't hit the 1 in 56 chance at 8 box, but taking out all 5 reds in a row from 8 box was 1 in 56.

A good example of how to take a horrible run of bad luck after a completely justifiable gamble IMO.

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Dave was a great character with a good sense of humour and gave us an entertaining game. At one stage his board was so strong and he played it spot on as far as I am concerned. Like he said the board was there to be played and he played it.

A breathtaking run of appalling misfortune absolutely wrecked the game for him but he took it in the right way. Laughed it off in a no-nonsense fashion. The deal for 15p was a great and funny finish to a disappointing game. An absolute tragedy that someone who was prepared to play the board got such a raw deal.

Great show. Lousy game.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Oh for god sake someone grabs the moment and goes for it, and the whole thing implodes again :evil: .
Bad luck Dave but the 15p deal was comedy gold! And he took it all in good grace.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

To be honest, I was expecting him to take the blue win quite badly (Looking at the clock at the five box offer - it was only ever going to be that or a rather strange deal), but I was pleasantly surprised at the way he took it.

I did find him quite annoying at the start of the game too, but I really warmed to him towards the end.

It would've been nice to see him win more, but I'd rather players like him win a blue over players like Matty, even if I did prefer him!

Bad luck Dave...

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

That was a great comedy deal! :lol:

Too bad he blew the money.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Wow, 22nd April has now produced a total of £750.15 won over three games... :|

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Mark77 wrote:
And now the show has become unwatchable. 15K should have been dealt at. Gambling makes for crap games.

Are you incapable of looking at the games without hindsight or something?

When someone deals and could have had more, you moan about how people should be taking more risks.

When people take a risk and it goes wrong, you call them idiots and say that people should be more cautious.

At the end of the day, it's a game of pure chance- no one is an idiot because you don't get the chance to be "an idiot". Dave was unlucky. He went for it and the £15,000 was an easy no deal- just didn't work out.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:

Is 22nd April the worst day (for payout) in DOND history? I'm assuming 7th January is the best...

Anyway, Dave was a great character and actually my favourite on the wings at the moment. He had a great sense of humour and I found it rather amusing how he kept talking to himself in dis-belief when his game fell apart. It made a nice change to see someone randomly saying "Oh my, shine a light! What have I done!" rather than crying. We did have a bit of crying at the start, but at least it was for a reason other than a dead relative (which we had a lot of in December 2007...).

He played the game well and had exactly the right attitude. The comedy deal was very good, and the only possible good finish to a game like that! Well done Dave for taking it all in "ya" stride.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:

Is 22nd April the worst day (for payout) in DOND history?

Amazingly, no...14th June has had three games with a total of £15.50! :?

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Ooh, I hope there's a trainwreck on Saturday 14th June now just so that it can hold the title - a title which is indeed rather silly when you think that 14th June has had an extra show due to Double Deal Week in 2006.

garylq

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject:

Very entertaining show, likeable contestant. Shame he had such rotten luck in the last third. At least Dave knew how to take it, unlike some others who have gone the same way before.

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Mark77 wrote:

Says the person who complains about Deals, often of much more generous offers than that one, that go wrong.

Although decisions that go bad are frustrating either way...!

Says that for the same person (unless they use the correct technology) who hasn't seen the show fully on television or PC.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Dave was an absolute legend and should have won huge with the baord he had at 8-box. That is actually my least favourite sort of blue game - those where only the most cautious people wouldn't have won a blue, but one that was looking good or a very sizeable win until the very latter stages. I much prefer ones like Derek's that never get going and are so bad they're funny. Saying that, it was like 1p Nick's in the way that he took out the last 5 reds in succession then the £750, and Nick took out the last 8 reds in succession! I wouldn't have felt as bad about it if the 8-box offer has been 25k (which i thought was right for that board) and the 5-box one about 5k - 7k. As it was I dn't think there were any really hard decisions.

Still if the banker keeps up this tactic and someone has big money in their box or keeps it in play till the end.....

Still he was a very memorable contestant and gives Julian a run for his money for my fave W8'er. That position must have more blue wins than any other! He was a no-deal and a swap away from being the first 1p winner to replace another one!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

In fact, if he'd won 1p, he'd have replaced a 1p winner's 1p winning replacement - as Matty (who replaced Simon) both won 1p!!

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

Thank goodness the banker didn't get a chance to offer him a swap, mind you he'd have taken it well I'm sure...

I got the impression Dave was someone willing to take a gamble, so I tuned in for the last part of his game, with 6 reds on the board - only to see every single one of them go! It did remind me a bit of Katie's game (strong board suddenly collapsing) and even 50p Dennis' game for the way his attitude matched up to his game...

Seriously, for all the love you guys have for W8 it does seem a rather cursed position this year doesn't it?

harryfielder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:45 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Unlucky the amount won, but played like a gentleman. ;) ;)

Aitch,

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]