Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:28 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:28 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:43 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Arlette Today - 13th Jan
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Friday the 13th Today - spooky

Arlette played well today, she knocked out a couple of the largish numbers in the first couple of rounds but mainly hit the small numbers.

She had some good offers from the banker 2,400 - 6,800 - 13,000.

She finally dealt on 21,000 with still quite a strong board, there were still the 35,000, 100,000 and 250,000 out there. It proved a good move as she started catching the big cash when she played out the rest of game.

Did anyone notice halfway through the game she forgot that she had completed a round and called out another box number? Noel pulled her up and had a bit fun writing 123 on her fingers to help her remember how many boxes were in each round :D The number she called out was 1, but after the bankers offer which she refused she called out box 20, and didn't call out box 1 during the following round after which she was offered the £21,000 and accepted.

In the following round after she made the deal with the banker she called out box 1 and it contained the £250,000 :shock: How lucky was that?!?, I'm sure the offer would not have touched £21,000 if she had stuck to box 1 and knocked it out. ( does that make sense?!? :? )

Friday the 13th was lucky for Arlette :D

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:17 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

She said 13 was her lucky and so it turned out to be. She dealt at exactly the right time. Fortunate that she found the £250,000 in Box 1 (the lovely Gill's box) in the round after dealing.

Arlette

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:45 pm    Author: Arlette    Post subject: Arlette' show 13 Jan

Hi all, I had a great time recording my Friday 13th show on 1st December, however 13 is a lucky number for me, in all the shows where I was opening boxes I always had low numbers except for 2 days in a row where I had £100,000 then I played the next day - when you are sitting in that chair you forget your own name, I became the show's "clown" and had a great rapport with Noel - had I opened Gill's box I would have been offered a lower amount, but then talk about "saved by the bell" I love this site - keep in touch. Arlette :oops:

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:28 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I had noticed you were on a run of high boxes, as was Gill around that point. I'm glad you had a low box on your go though.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Great to see you Arlette! Typically yours was the one episode I could only see a recording of, as I had an interview - but all was well, as you got a great win, I got the job and (spookily) someone from the town I'm now working in won the phone-in competition. Scary. And all on Friday 13th.

I'd probably have gone at the same time, maybe pushed my luck one round further if I felt lucky but you clearly felt at £21k your job was done, and given your intentions I definitely can't blame you. And you were great entertainment too :)

Arlette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:12 am    Author: Arlette    Post subject: Friday 13

Hi Kp and all
Good luck on your new job - I believe in fate, and it seems that as soon as I won - a family wedding has been announced so my plan of travel is coming together. Thanks for your reply. Arlette.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Thank you Arlette :) You were wonderful entertainment. I've added you to my MSN contact list, as I suspect you'll have some very interesting insights.

And looking back at our commentary on the game at Bother's Bar, we actually wondered after your game whether we were over-analysing the game... because you reminded us all of the human side of it. :)

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]