Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:49 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:49 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

VixenWales

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:30 pm    Author: VixenWales    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Awww poor Clare, she sooo deserved more than that! *sniffles* We love you Clare! :)

Qwerty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

She brought a great character to the show, it's just a pity she didn't get more out of it.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:07 am    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

VixenWales wrote:
We love you Clare! :)

I'll second that, even the banker showed his respect for this game even though he won. He didn't rub it in and if I was the banker Claire would certainly have my respect as well

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

johindes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:59 am    Author: johindes    Post subject:

It was heart breaking at the end. When she started to cry, I joined in. And then when it cut to Richard as well, that was me gone. :smt089

You were amazing Clare, I wish you gone away with more, you deserved more.

Cazzie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:39 am    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

johindes wrote:
It was heart breaking at the end. When she started to cry, I joined in. And then when it cut to Richard as well, that was me gone. :smt089

You were amazing Clare, I wish you gone away with more, you deserved more.

Same here Jo, she set me off when she started to cry :cry:

Great personality, lovely girl.. wish she'd gone away with more.

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:43 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose - thats the nature of the beast. Sad when it goes wrong though...

Yan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:40 am    Author: Yan    Post subject: Clare

Noel's Scouse Party........

Lol.

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:44 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject: Re: Clare

Yan wrote:
Noel's Scouse Party........

Lol.

That was funny, I like the fact Noel repeated it in a self-deprecating way. Very good.

Richard W

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:31 pm    Author: Richard W    Post subject:

Clare, you were amazing on your show last night and came across like the top girl you are.
For people who didn't know Clare, she was such a great girl and was that funny throughout the stay.
We had none stop laughs especially when she was doing her voice over.
I was sat in the sound booth listening to Clare when she didn't know and Steve (who we thought was just one of the sound guys) was having her doing Cilla impressions and reading the script over and over again.
He said one more time but at the end say" the decision is yours" Clare then in a joking way told him to "F off" and said " Your having a F ing laugh arn't you".
I saw this other guy in the booth look at Steve with a look of complete horror on his face, i was pi--ing myself as the way she said it was so funny.
We goes then out of the room to find out Steve was on of the shows top producers. She was horrified.
We then walked back up to the green room with Steve and he was totally fine and found it very funny himself.
I can honestly say she is one of the funniest girls i have ever met.
I know i stuffed up with my advice last night on a couple of occasions but you have to say what you think at the time.
I think most people agree that Clare had to continue with the £100 and £250k left but hindsight is wonderfull.
I am sure if my advise was take the £20k and Clare would have gone on to have £250,000 the same people would say"why didn't Richard keep his mouth shut".
Clare asked Dave and myself for a reason and that was because she knew we loved her to bits and would 100% try to give her the best advice possible. For the experts out there that dissagree not one person out of the other 21 of us piped up telling her to take the money.
Anyway this post is not for me to defend myself , it's about what a great girl and contestant Clare is, and what a great show she gave to the people who watch.
Love you loads Clare xxx

neefs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:38 pm    Author: neefs    Post subject:

Aw bless - thats lovely !

I have to say she came accross very well on her show ! I was laughing my leg off :-D

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:43 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

As you say Richard you have to say what you think at the time - can't fault you for that, its just a shame her game turned round so drastically. Not your fault, not her fault, just one of those things...

Pussycat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:35 pm    Author: Pussycat    Post subject:

Don't beat yourself up Richard. At the end of the day it was Clare's game and she was the only person who could make the final decision. She said at the start she was a very decisive person and I am sure she would have continued no matter what you or anyone else said.

I loved the show, it certainly gave me a good laugh (after a bad day) and yes I did have a bit of a cry at the end :smt089

Clare you were an absolute star and very brave to go on as far as you did BUT above all you gained the bankers respect and not many people can say that!

Will miss your smiling face (and your accent)!!

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:39 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Pussycat wrote:
Don't beat yourself up Richard. At the end of the day it was Clare's game and she was the only person who could make the final decision. She said at the start she was a very decisive person and I am sure she would have continued no matter what you or anyone else said.

Well said. I think Clare was strong minded enough to stand by her own decisions, and I'm sure no contestant would blame another one for a decision which is essentially theirs to make, and theirs to live by. I'm sure she realised you were just trying to help her out, at the end of the day.

jamtart25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:55 pm    Author: jamtart25    Post subject: Don't worry Richard

Just to say, I agree with all the positive feedback that Richard has been receiving regarding Clare's game. Clare had the final decision. Most contestants ignore the advice given to them anyway, it doesn't really influence them. At the end of the day it's their end choice overall. I think it's great to have someone giving advice that is optimistic and encouraging. If Clare had picked different boxes then the outcome would have been completely different, luck of the draw.

I remember Lucy (ex contestant who played 50 shows) who was well respected because she had been there for so long and was always asked for advice. She used to always encourage contestants to go on until someone lost a lot of money on one occassion and she blamed herself for it. From then on she tended to advise people to "deal" and the opposite effects occured where contestants were losing out on £100,000's becuase they'd dealt too early.

There really is nothing to feel bad about. Poor Clare picked the wrong boxes.

I'm sure Clare will recover, she seemed such a lovely, bubbly girl and I wish her the best of luck in the future. :)

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]