Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:07 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
What a stupid dingy prize for the men you reckon had it been the other way round the men would have got some weekend break? don't be silly.
waste of time.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

james-birmingham wrote:
well done kathy :D well deserved

but u banker u have a rhyme 4 u myself

the banker is a w****r that prize is just awful :roll:

I WANT THE SPA WEEKEND 8)

typical lol

James... did the men actually get a prize at all?! Didn't they even get a replica trophy each to keep?

james-birmingham

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:10 pm    Author: james-birmingham    Post subject:

H2005 ITS THE 1ST IVE HEARD 2DAY ABOUT THE PRIZE AND MUST SAY I WOULD RATHER HAD MORE TIME ON SHOW AND HAD BETTER FORTUNE THAN TO HAVE BEEN WONDERING FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS WHAT THE MENS PRIZE WOULD BE, I LIVED IN HOPE OF IT BEING A FEW QUID BUT ALAS NOT TO BE :(

VERY DISSAPOINTED I KNEW GIRLS LOST BUT GOT A SPA BREAK AND IVE HEARD NOTHING FROM DOND ABOUT THE TROPHY !

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:12 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

james-birmingham wrote:
H2005 ITS THE 1ST IVE HEARD 2DAY ABOUT THE PRIZE AND MUST SAY I WOULD RATHER HAD MORE TIME ON SHOW AND HAD BETTER FORTUNE THAN TO HAVE BEEN WONDERING FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS WHAT THE MENS PRIZE WOULD BE, I LIVED IN HOPE OF IT BEING A FEW QUID BUT ALAS NOT TO BE :(

VERY DISSAPOINTED I KNEW GIRLS LOST BUT GOT A SPA BREAK AND IVE HEARD NOTHING FROM DOND ABOUT THE TROPHY !

Grr... I think that's a bit stingy of Endemol for not telling you what the prize was... and also for not even allowing you to have replica trophies - it'd have been a nice touch. I see they have money and the brains to produce planks of wood, brooms, extra seats, parrots, eye patches, etc. to use in shows when they want... but when it comes to producing some extra trophies as a nice gesture... nope. :?

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:13 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

james-birmingham wrote:

If you do get the trophy, when it's your turn with it, you should put it on Ebay ;) :P

james-birmingham

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:15 pm    Author: james-birmingham    Post subject:

INDEED IT WOULD HAVE EASY TO LET US KNOW WE HAD WON A TROPHY TO SHARE THEN I COULD HAVE CRIED 4 MONTHS AGO INSTEAD OF TODAY LOL

BUT I AM GONNA SEND AN E-MAIL AND SEE IF WE REALLY DO GET A TROPHY TO SHARE BUT SOMEHOW I DOUBT WE WILL EVEN GET THAT !

ENJOY UR SPA LADYS WHO HAVE YET TO GO 8)

AS FOR THE BANKER WELL I SHOULD HAVE GUESSED

TIGHT FISTED OLD GIT 8)

james-birmingham

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:17 pm    Author: james-birmingham    Post subject:

LEWIS246 I COULDNT DO THAT LOL

GOOD IDEA BUT NOT FAIR IM NOT A NASTY MAN LIKE THE BANKER 8)

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:20 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

JAMES, CAN YOU NOT TAKE OFF CAPS?

Anyway welldone kathy and at least now the battle of the sexes is over. Back to normal DoND.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

james-birmingham

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:21 pm    Author: james-birmingham    Post subject:

NOOOO I CANT I SLAMMED ON MY PC WHEN I SAW THE MENS PRIZE LOL AND NOW CAPS IS STUCK ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:22 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

kestral wrote:
Noel answers the phone and says Hello loser :-D

Banker would have offered

23p

By the way people he has done that once before, in wheelchair Peter's game

And that's a very common final two now, is the 10p/£1

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

James, why didn't one of the ladies tell you what the prize was after it was filmed? I assume you all keep in touch still.

james-birmingham

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:29 pm    Author: james-birmingham    Post subject:

yer still in touch only couple of days ago spoke 2 kathy but no1 knew for sure if that really was the prize ? if you understand ? i think everyone is shocked but not surpised by it.

oh well i will now wait and see if we get anything but i wont hold my breath although i spose in all seriousness a lil trophy EACH would have been something fun to keep and i would treasure mine.

will let you all know as soon as i do :D

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:29 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Kathy!

I've enjoyed today's show.

Enjoy £17,000. Well Done!

Lucky me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:41 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:D Great outcome for Kathy. A lovely lady :D

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I see they have money and the brains to produce planks of wood, brooms, extra seats, parrots, eye patches, etc. to use in shows when they want... but when it comes to producing some extra trophies as a nice gesture... nope. :?

Actually Endemol West studios have got their own props store. If you do your research you will find it mentioned.

and the prize giveaway. What did you expect? This is the same producer who worked on The Mole.

With the whole "Battle of the Sexes" twist, I'm not bothered with the whole experience. If you think about it, all they've done is moved the players time lengths around but the game is still the same.

As I've said countless of times, we could see much worse. The Americans' had Donald Trump as the banker and gave away $25K to the contestants son for no valid reason on Monday. While they had American football players on Wednesday and even persuaded the contestant to pick the $1 Million case via a crypic message, yet she decided to deal before the end.

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:05 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Kathy was a lovely lady. It wasn't an unpleasant game but I just couldn't really get 'into' it somehow. I just didn't feel much tension or excitement. I could see she was ready to deal so the £17k offer was a gimme.

But a decent wedge of cash for a very pleasant contestant.

As for the competition prize-giving ceremony I just fast-forwarded it. And having read about it here I'm glad I did. Good to see sexism alive and well at Endemol/C4. I bet if the ladies had won they wouldn't have received a joke prize and the men a free weekend jolly.

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:37 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

So Battle of the Sexes ends just like it started with a great OPW! That would have been so unbelieveably horrible to have the *third* 10p v £1 final two on Fridays, so it was great that she dealt just at the right time and gave a positive end to the last few weeks. Well done on the £17,000, Kathy, a great win!

As for the prize, you just know that if the women had won then they'd have still got the spa prize and the men would have got the booby prize, it's just the sort of comedy sexism that's been prevalent for the last fifteen years. Men's Lib!!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I think the fact that the "losers" prize was better than the "winners" prize proves what a waste of time the battle of the sexes was... sorry, I know people will say "it's entertainment" but I didn't find it that entertaining as it meant some of my favourite players over the past few weeks (Pete and Stephen to name a couple) did fewer shows than normal... and it also meant that some female players I was neutral about did a high show count... not forgetting the fact that it removed an element of variety from the show with all women on the wings and men replacing the women and men playing for 2 weeks, women for 2 weeks, etc...

I'm glad that the battle of the sexes is over and that hopefully things will get back to normal now... sorry... I'm moaning again but I haven't had a good "NO GIMMICKS" rant for a while now because there have been fewer recently... but the "prize giving ceremony" made me cringe at the end of today's show... :roll:

agreed, it messed up certain show counts, made the trainwrecks feel even more uncomfortable and was just rubbish. I agree with the no gimmicks thing. Conventional games like Alexandra's and Kathy's today are fine to watch so why bother?

i was glad in a way 75K wasn't on the table today. That would have been suspicious.

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:51 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Well done Kathy, it was a great win.

Gutted at what the Boys ended up with for winning the battle of the sexes though.

I know the Banker likes to twist things but that was unfair. I think the Boys should've got a Paintballing trip, Skiiing weekend or something similar out of it as winners.

Grrrr @ Banker :evil:

EDIT: I watched some of the US version on YouTube today - it's awful compared to ours!

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:41 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

A good game to finish the awful Battle of The Sexes...

And the mens prize was awful...

[ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]