Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:00 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
It was a good game today, although I thought the little ceremony at the end was just silly. I'm ever so glad that the Battle of the Sexes is over, now the show can get back to normal.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:49 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Quote:
The women won £157,516.02

I don't think they've even got the arithmetic right on this one - loading all the winnings into excel, and counting the New York trip at £2,170, the total comes to £157,686.02. Spot the mistake, everyone :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:50 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

The arithmetic may have been wrong but the Boys won (for what it was worth) :cry:

Rockjack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:31 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

wow the offers were so different to the irene/caroline week. much more positive

glad kathy got 17k out of it...

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

After what the banker said about Kathy needing to win 75k to make the battle of the sexes really close, I was convinced Kathy had it at the table and the offers were high due to them knowing - even though I thought 17k was a great offer, I felt she should go on - only to be wonderfully proved wrong, and I love it when that happens! :D

Also weird how (I think) Pete had the first 10p/£1 last pair, and it's happened every Friday since! :shock:

I'm hoping we can get back to normal now with no silly gimmicks and proper offers, but the last few games have restored my faith that will happen - surely this run of low blues with just the odd big red like Zahida and Annie will even itself out the other way? :)

Well done Kathy on the most perfect game that could have been played today! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Correctionj - "My Mate" Phil had 10p/£1 as a finish, I'd just forgotten it due to the third round deal - all I could remember was he had 2 low blues, but not which ones! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Rich D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:24 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

What a relief that Kathy didn't get carried away with boosting the ladies' total, and played her own game instead. Excellent deal there.

BTW, bad luck James, well done to the actual winners of the B.o.t.S. ;)

Hope the prog is back to business as usual tonight, tho' of course, there'll now be several male players who only have a short time on the show before they're called out. Will Ed & Pottsy's romance last the fortnight...?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:52 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

alex1333 wrote:
KP wrote:
Way to go! And if she'd chased £75,000 for the girls... oops!! It would've been another trainwreck, and probably the first self-inflicted one of season 3...

self inflicted dont think so i thought it would have been right to carry on

im not using hindsight so it could have easily been a 35k or 75k win

would have definately been better tv man

Like when Chantelle no dealt 17.5K on a similar board? That was obviously exciting because I definitely would have dealt then but today's game was quite pleasurable in that she got a victory out of it but I can definitely see why people think the offer should have been a tad lower.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done Kathy on your £17,000 win! A great banker spanking…

I’ve aleady posted my thoughts on the battle of the sexes in this thread, so I won’t do it again… but let’s just say I’m glad it’s over and the show can now get back to some sort of normality!

Suezan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:23 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

don't hold your breath H we could still have dark haired people versus blondes, left handed vs right handed endemol if you read this i did not just say that

[ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]