Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:44 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
You know, I think the non-monetary offer prevented Brenda from being the 12th member of the 1p club - I bet she'd have turned down whatever the monetary value of the trip for the chance of 35k, or the two-box offer with it still in play...

I'm really pleased as well as Brenda winning 1p would have been the most painful thing ever - she was brilliant!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Lucky me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:53 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject: NEW YORK TRIP

:lol: Hi everyone, yes I am in the hall of fame and who gives a thingey about stats. I had such a ball and no I haven' t been yet and yes, was bit concerned it 9/11 today. Am going in chat room now if i don't get lost.Brenda.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That was a good game, Brenda was great!! Well done!!!!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

A very entertining and unusual game with a great character in the chair and some very funny banter and moments with Noel - one of the funniest games there has ever been - some of the stuff that was said and done in that game will go down into DOND history as being quite risque! :lol:

An interesting fifth offer though - the first ever totally non-monetary offer to be dealt - and I'm glad she dealt when she did, because although that offer of a trip to New York probably wasn't actually a huge amount in money terms, it was something that she wanted - and she said in the chatroom earlier that she's probably going to the Big Apple next March - so I hope she has a good time and well done to her for providing an entertaining game and getting a decent result...

Imagine if we'd had another member of the 1p club after all the bad games we've had recently - it'd have been another great contestant and another contestant who posts here winning low - so well done to her for dealing when she did! Enjoy your holiday, Brenda! ;)

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Duffer wrote:
KP wrote:
It'll depend on the hotel and the flight costs.

I reckon its value is two grand at most if done half-sensibly. That'd make that one of the most cautious Deals ever taken in percentage-of-the-mean terms!

Ah yes KP, but to quote Oscar Wilde, 'a cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing' ;)

And I'm a cynic... ;)

The underlying point, of course, was that a Deal for a likely stick at £3k would have facilitated the trip too, although she wouldn't have had it pre-organised for her!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:13 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Duffer wrote:
KP wrote:
It'll depend on the hotel and the flight costs.

I reckon its value is two grand at most if done half-sensibly. That'd make that one of the most cautious Deals ever taken in percentage-of-the-mean terms!

Ah yes KP, but to quote Oscar Wilde, 'a cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing' ;)

And I'm a cynic... ;)

The underlying point, of course, was that a Deal for a likely stick at £3k would have facilitated the trip too, although she wouldn't have had it pre-organised for her!

He probably wouldn't have though. I was expecting about 2K given the meanness of the banker nowadays. 3K would have been a sensible tester though. i actually expected the banker to half it to 1.5K!

JO!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:10 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

awww i loved brenda's game, she was so funny and i'm she dealt at the trip to new york, i've been and it's great, hope you have fun brenda!

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:06 am    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
The only thing that worries me about Brenda's deal is what it will do to the Top Trump card deck if and when me or Qwerty ever get around to it and making a card for this game. Exactly how do you treat the price of the deal? Is it a big fat zero, or do we make up a cash equivalent? :lol:

I don't want to see too many of these non-cash deals or it will muck up the Top Trump game (and the stats) completely! :-)

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Rich D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:12 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Well done Brenda, lovely game, glad that the Banker gave you your dream & fixed it for you-u-u!

Lucky me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:18 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
I was just thinking the same, Alex.

Oh I am so pleased for Brenda - LUCKY YOU! :lol:

:roll: Does anyone know why my last 10 mins of show is not on here. Is it cos it was 9/11. That's a bit unfair people. Brenda.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:30 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

It is - try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCTBlhTod90

:)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Lucky me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:54 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:

Thanks babe, got that, but it isn't on DOND site should be sandwiched between Siobhan and Theresa :roll:

kestral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:56 am    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Lucky me wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:

Thanks babe, got that, but it isn't on DOND site should be sandwiched between Siobhan and Theresa :roll:

Hi Brenda

There is a problem on the ilovedealornodeal site at the moment :(

I am working with Mark to get the problem rectified, and your game should be listed shortly :D

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]