Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:16 am Last visit was: Thu May 16, 2024 1:16 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:02 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Possible Spoiler: First Million Dollar win?

Warnings: 0
From the previews shown, it seems that Monday night's (the 19th) episode indicate that the particular contestant wins a huge amount in his case (possibly the Million).

I should state that the fact that Lunar (Chinese) New Year is one day before, and the contestant is of Oriental descent (very likely Chinese), since the case number he apparently chose at the beginning is 8, and 8 is a very lucky number for the Chinese.

Who thinks it's the Million, or more likely than not, it's one of the Big Three? (Half Million and Three Quarters of a Million being the other two of the Big Three)

I think the Million is going to get won on the 19th.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:14 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I think they win $1,000,000, and I would think the case would be 8, which would be the second time case 8 has brung the $1,000,000 to the table, and it had $750,000 for Michelle Falco at the beginning of this season.

AArnett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:23 am    Author: AArnett    Post subject:

I hope such a spoiler is true!

I think any all-the-way-to-the-case OPW (not necessarily the $1M) would be great, and what the show needs. I can't think a $1M is possible until I see one.

Since they didn't specify a $1M win (just said a 'huge' win), I thinking $300K, $400K, $500K, or $750K. And, hopefully, an OPW (Not, FE, a $500K case win with a $500K/$750K Final Two, which'd still be another OBW).

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:14 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

They surely wouldn't give spoil it for viewers by saying 'on the next episode of Deal Or No Deal, someone wins $1,000,000'. They'd just say that there was a huge win.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

NBC seem to have a massive tendency to spoil games in trailers. They do the same with 1 vs 100 as well, as JR will point out.

Is this going to be a double-money game? I'd laugh if it was a $1m case win when the top prize is $2m.

Also, would this episode have been recorded before Michelle Falco's aired? I'm guessing not, but I'm wondering if they remained pretty indirect with the spoiler trailer for that game knowing they had a $1m win in the can. (I'd predict this episode had been scheduled for transmission in December or January and moved into February sweeps when they realised they had something special on their hands, but the ethnic minority holiday = contestant from that ethnic minority twist is pretty much a rule on this version.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

J.R.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:19 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

It's true! In fact, one memorable NBC spoiler I can remember now flat out stated, "This woman has been offered $230,000. Find out what happens!"

However, NBC does tend to be dishonest with their spoilers. I gave the example of an ad stating someone has been "offered a record sum" with Howie implying that the contestant "could set a record tonight" and ended up being a disastrous game with the record offer being the first always refused one.

Sure it's annoying to a big fan but I can see why NBC does it, it attracts casual viewers or fair weather fans that just wants to see a very large win.

Oh well, as long as people keep tuning in, DoND will continue to be on top, which means more episodes, so it works out in the end! :D

If it's really important to me, I just change the channel. Most people do when watching NBC anyway! :-D
-Joe R.

Aramid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:36 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

Anyway, speaking of $1,000,000 which case does not held the million dollar or the top prize this season?

AND

how many times do case #1 held the $0.01 because I never seen it obtained that amount...

Please answer my question!
thank you

J.R.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Aramid wrote:
Anyway, speaking of $1,000,000 which case does not held the million dollar or the top prize this season?

Some people keep better track of it than I do, but I believe all cases have held the top prize at least once this year.

Quote:
how many times do case #1 held the $0.01 because I never seen it obtained that amount...

I'm sure I've seen the beautiful Claudia Jordan hold the penny at least once this year!

-Joe R.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:28 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Every single case has had at least one top prize this season, with 1 and 24 having the top prize for the first time recently. Case 21 has had it the most of all the cases, including another 7-figure sum which wasn't the top prize.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]