Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:12 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

Warnings: 0
Welcome to Deal or No Deal, where greed becomes a spectator sport. This week’s episode is under in-vest-igation, as our contestant is prominently wearing a vest. But there’s more to him than his choice of wardrobe. Meet Justin Uhart of Minden, Nevada, a 26-year-old loan officer who is a real-life hero. During a mass shooting at a country music concert in Las Vegas back in 2017, Justin saved the life of a Canadian woman named Jan who had been hit by one of the shooter’s bullets. He’s wearing Canadian flag patterned socks she sent him in her honour.

Justin believes the million dollars is in case 19. He chose that case because the number 19 kept appearing in fortune cookie messages. Let’s see if it brings him some good fortune in this game.

Round 1
[16] - $25
[7] - $750,000
[17] - $100
[23] - $5
[11] - $10
[9] - $75

Aside from the one Power 7 amount, that was a pretty good first round. The Banker respects Justin’s heroism, but this game is strictly business from her standpoint. The first offer is

BANKER'S OFFER

$15,000

That seems a bit low, but that matters little to Justin. He says NO DEAL, and we head into our first break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:23 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

We’re back, and it’s time to begin round 2.

Round 2
[4] - $25,000
[18] - $100,000
[22] - $1,000
[13] - $200
[20] - $200,000

Definitely not the worst round we’ve ever seen. The Banker says she refuses to lose to someone who bases their entire strategy on fortune cookies. The second offer is

BANKER'S OFFER

$33,000

As is the custom after the second offer is revealed, we meet Justin’s supporters, which include two of his childhood friends and his younger sister. They all want him to keep going, and Justin agrees. He says NO DEAL.

Howie asks Justin who his personal hero is, and he says it’s former NFL player Emmitt Smith of the Dallas Cowboys.

Round 3
[15] - $400
[8] - $750
[12] - $5,000
[1] - $100

Another great round. A great offer is on its way after the break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

We’re back, and it’s Banker time again. Justin did well in that round, which makes the Banker unhappy. And the more unhappy she gets, the higher the offers are. The new offer is

BANKER'S OFFER

$76,000

Everyone wants Justin to keep going. Justin reveals that he needs at least a six-figure offer before he gets out of this game, so he says NO DEAL.

Howie says Justin has inspired many people, and it’s now his turn to be inspired. Enter Emmitt Smith, Justin’s hero, signed football in hand. Emmitt extols Justin’s many virtues and invites him to join him and his wife at the Emmitt Smith Celebrity Invitational golf tournament.

Round 4
[10] - $500,000
[3] - $10,000

Justin picks case 5 next and Howie calls a break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:44 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

We’re back. Before the break, Justin picked case 5...

[5] - $400,000

...and it wasn’t that great of a pick. The loss of the two Power 7 amounts results in a decreased offer of

BANKER'S OFFER

$60,000

Howie reminds Justin of the counter offer. Justin says NO DEAL.

Justin and Howie discuss his act of heroism, and then our contestant gets the ultimate surprise - Jan Lambourne, the woman whose life he saved, enters the studio. “Man, you guys are really playing with my emotions right now,” he says.

Round 5
[24] - $1,000,000 - Looks like the quest for a six-figure offer just took a huge hit.
[2] - $75,000

Well, the millski got knocked out, so you know the offer’s going down. The Banker says she’s starting to get the feeling that Justin’s case 19 holds the penny. Here’s the offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$39,000

Justin’s friend Oscar says he’s still got the counter offer. Jan also wants him to play on. “I’m already a winner, so I gotta keep going,” Justin says. “NO DEAL!”

The quest for the million has become the quest to keep roughly one third of that amount in play. Round 6 rolls after the break.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:51 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

We’re back, and Justin is now opening one case at a time.

Round 6
[21] - $.01 - This was after Emmitt told him to avoid picking case 21.

Well, we know the penny’s not in Justin’s case. The Banker says she’s ready to play against Emmitt any time. She adds that Justin took a risk, and with risk, there is sometimes a reward. That reward comes in the form of an offer of

BANKER'S OFFER

$49,000

“I’m feeling so good, Howie, that I have to go one more round,” Justin says. “NO DEAL!”

Round 7
[14] - $500

That was incredibly lucky. The Banker decides to reward Justin with his highest offer yet, and it’s coming after the break.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:03 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

Welcome back. The Banker’s offer is revealed to be

BANKER'S OFFER

$82,000

Justin’s supporters think he should counter. He agrees and submits a counter offer of

BANKER'S OFFER

$105,000

The Banker calls back quickly, which is never a good thing. She says that’s a pretty big ask on Justin’s part. Based on the gameplay and Justin’s earlier risks, she says NO DEAL, and Justin is forced to play on.

Round 8
[26] - $300

Not the dollar, but Justin will take that! The board at this point:

$1
$50,000
$300,000

The Banker respects Justin, but the tougher the game becomes, the tougher she is. Will Justin sell out right now for

BANKER'S OFFER

$120,000

Justin wastes no time hitting the flashing red button. It’s a DEAL!

So the rejected counter offer worked in Justin’s favour and he got his six-figure deal. Unfortunately, there is also six figures in his case - $300,000 to be exact. But you can’t fault him at all for dealing when he did. It was absolutely the right move. Even Howie said so.

Next week, it’s Texas Guts Y’all Version 2.0. Until then, good night and good deals.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

These ultra-generous late game offers really ruin any suspense. The Banker should've punished Justin for his excessive counter offer by offering $99,000, or at the very most $105,000 to play with him a little bit. It was clear the second $120,000 was offered that he was taking it.

Still, Justin came for six figures and got it despite having a board where it was VERY risky to try for it, so good for him. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

matryoshka758

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:39 pm    Author: matryoshka758    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

Where's the recap from last episode?
According to Twitter the candidate lost $109,000.

Also the resident Anya (#10) fan.
Next Miljoenenjacht episode: 17 march 2019

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

There is no recap because I’m out of town. Plus...

I refuse to recap the first part of that episode because it was reportedly awful. The second part features a carryover contestant whose game continues next week.

matryoshka758

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:05 am    Author: matryoshka758    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

Also there used to be a Youtube channel called Devin Shoulders which reuploaded US DoND episodes. Sadly, he got screwed over by uploading episodes from the new season... Gah. His channel was the one which started my interest in the best case 10 model.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:15 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

You gotta calm down about number 10, bahd. It’s getting a bit freaky. Just saying.

Yes, I know about Devin Shoulders’ YouTube channel. He had uploaded nearly all of the episodes of the original NBC series, which are currently being rerun on Game Show Network in the US. He was also making an effort to upload the CNBC episodes as well. I guess the YouTube Police finally nailed him. Oops.

But there’s more to the story. Apparently, shortly after Mr. Shoulders’ channel was taken down, another one popped up. However, it was not started by him. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeymjI ... 55J09jhb4Q

matryoshka758

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 pm    Author: matryoshka758    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
You gotta calm down about number 10, bahd. It’s getting a bit freaky. Just saying.

lol no

matryoshka758

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:14 pm    Author: matryoshka758    Post subject: Re: USA Deal or No Deal February 20, 2019

matryoshka758 wrote:
Dr. Hindsight wrote:

lol no

Sorry for double posting, but everyne has a crush.... :P

[ 13 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]