Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:12 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Le Banquier 23/11/14

Warnings: 0
Last week, Julie Snyder and her contestant got high on something more potent than anything Walter White and Jesse Pinkman could've ever cooked up in their meth lab. The result was one of the most bizarre, disjointed games in Le Banquier's history.

This week, after ODing on brain bleach - don't worry, I'm just fine - your humble recapper is back with a slightly more sane contestant. Esther Poulin is her name. She's a 33-year-old mother of two from St-Joseph-de-Beauce, Quebec. Hmm, that sounds strangely familiar...

Esther is also a huge fan of Contes pour tous (Stories for all), a long-running series of family-oriented movies. And as luck would have it, that's the the theme of tonight's episode. The models, who appeared in the last two episodes are on hiatus once again, and in their place are 26 actors and actresses who starred in Contes pour tous movies over the years. Some of them are quite young, and there's a reason for that - they're in the most recent Contes pour tous movie.

After eating up some airtime with some impressions from her favourite Contes pour tous films, Esther picks case 22 to start the game. Le Banquier, c'est parti!

Round 1
[12] - Maxi Case | $300 - Right off the bat, Esther picks off one of the bonuses. She wins a trip to Austria worth $10,000.
[15] - $75
[3] - $1,000
[19] - $5
[7] - $50,000
[9] - $175,000

BANKER'S OFFER

$48,000

Esther says REFUSÉE.

Round 2
[2] - $500
[21] - $25,000
[16] - $400,000
[5] - Surprise | $1 - The Surprise is $10,000 worth of furniture from Brick.
[10] - $400

BANKER'S OFFER

$59,000

Esther says REFUSÉE.

Before Round 3 starts, Julie, Esther and some of the celebrities re-enact a snowball fight from La guerre des tuques, one of Esther's favourite Contes pour tous films. After about a minute or so, everyone starts throwing snowballs at the Banker's office window. He quickly gets annoyed by this, and makes a call to the stage, offering Esther $1,000 to knock it off. This is promptly accepted, after which everything returns to normal.

Round 3
[13] - $50
[11] - $5,000
[17] - $125,000
[20] - $500,000 - Tabarnac.

BANKER'S OFFER

$50,000

Esther says REFUSÉE.

Before Round 4 starts, Esther is serenaded by Nathalie Simard, who sings a song from one of the Contes pour tous films. After that, she invites Esther and all of her friends to see her perform at the New Quebec City Ampitheatre when it opens next year. This bonus is worth $8,000.

Round 4
[25] - $150,000
[4] - $20
[8] - $100

BANKER'S OFFER

$59,000

Esther says REFUSÉE.

Round 5
[23] - $750
[1] - $300,000

The board is starting to get precarious right now. Will the next offer stop Esther?

BANKER'S OFFER

$51,000

Nope. Esther says REFUSÉE.

Round 6
[26] - $0.01

BANKER'S OFFER

$61,000

Esther says REFUSÉE.

Round 7
[14] - $200

BANKER'S OFFER

$72,000

Esther says REFUSÉE.

Round 8
[18] - Capital One

Aha! I know why Esther kept going. She was looking for the Capital One case. Now that she has it in her clutches, the Banker phones in with...

BANKER'S OFFER

$97,000

Esther says ACCEPTÉE. No surprise there.

Proveout
Round 9

[6] - $200,000 :D

Looks like Esther got out at just the right time.

The final two cases are then opened to reveal the following:

[22] - $100,000
[24] - $10

Ehh, what's three grand between friends? I say it's a great deal, regardless. Great recovery by Esther after losing the half-million.

Combined with the various prizes she won during the game, Esther returns to St-Joseph-de-Beauce with $138,000 in cash and stuff. Not a bad haul at all.

And with that, the televised version of Le Banquier will take a break over the winter holidays. But the fun and excitement continues here on the forum with games starring you, the members, as the contestants. That's right, YOU! Wanna play? What are you waiting for? Sign up in the Games section today.

Until next time, whenever that is, this is Mark David saying merci et bonne soirée.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier 23/11/14

Warnings: 0
A pretty good show to finish off the season. I would've dealt at the same time as Esther.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 2 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]