Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:21 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 8:21 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:12 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Le Banquier - November 24, 2013

Warnings: 0
Here we go with another Le Banquier recap. Julie Snyder welcomes us to the show, and we see that the set has been transformed into a construction site. And there's a reason for that - our contestant is a construction worker.

Chloe Gosselin, 21, is from Terrebonne. She also knows how to make an entrance, as she arrives on set driving what our British friends call a JCB. Chloe looks every part a construction worker, as she is dressed in an orange jumpsuit and white hard hat. She tells Julie that she works in a very male-dominated industry, but that she enjoys her work immensely. Chloe plans to put some of her winnings towards a dream vacation to Thailand.

The models then descend, and instead of the usual 26, we get 26 mostly shirtless men dressed as construction workers, much to the delight of Chloe, Julie, and Chloe's three female supporters. They are all carrying numbered tool boxes instead of cases. The Surprise and Capital One bonuses are in play as usual, so Chloe picks tool box 9 to start the game.

Round 1 - 6 to open
[12] - $200,000
[24] - Capital One - That was fast. Chole secures the $10,000 Capital One bonus.
[16] - $400,000
[1] - $125,000
[20] - $500
[21] - $.01 - And this came after chants for "Un sou, un sou!"

A rough first round. Monsieur le Banquier responds accordingly.

Offre du Banquier: $27,000

Chloe says: REFUSÉE

Round 2 - 5 to open
Before selecting her next tool box, Julie helps Chloe out of her jumpsuit and boots. She's wearing a white minidress under the jumpsuit. Sexy 8).
[13] - $200
[7] - $50,000
[25] - $400
[22] - $25,000
[14] - $300,000

Offre du Banquier: $35,000

Round 3 - 4 to open
[11] - $1,000
[26] - $175,000
[6] - $5,000
[18] - $20

Offre du Banquier: $44,000

Round 4 - 3 to open
[4] - $50
[19] - $150,000
[2] - $1

Offre du Banquier: $49,000

Round 5 - 2 to open
[3] - $750
[10] - $300

An all-blue round! Let's see what the shadowy man in the skybox has to say about that.

Offre du Banquier: $67,000

And now, here's your Round 5 Random Fact. Unlike the UK Banker, who is quite vocal and loves to taunt the contestants or explain things to them, the Quebec Banker is far more reserved. Once in a while, Julie will relay a small quip or two from him, but he generally does little more than make offers.

Round 6 - 1 to open
[15] - $100 - The blue streak continues!

Offre du Banquier: $88,000

Round 7 - 1 to open
[23] - $75 / Surprise - The Surprise is a trip to Thailand from Expedia.ca worth $7,000. Chloe is ecstatic, as she now gets to take her dream vacation.

Offre du Banquier: $88,000 - He's sticking? Not so, says Julie. The big doors then open to reveal a bright red 2014 Nissan Titan V8, worth $51,000. That makes the total value of the offer $139,000.

Chloe says: ACCEPTÉE

Our construction worker has secured herself a nice chunk of change, plus a sweet ride. But was it a good deal? Let's find out.

Proveouts

Round 8 - 1 to open
[8] - $10 - D'oh!

Offre du Banquier aurait été: $193,000

Round 9 - 1 to open
[17] - $100,000 - Uh-oh.

Offre du Banquier aurait été: $278,000 on a $5 / $500,000 finish. In live play, it would've likely been much less than that.

Did Chloe just make a huge mistake? Julie opens tool box 9 and reveals $5 inside. Phew! The other remaining tool box, #5, had the $500,000.

Chloe's heading back to Terrebonne with a grand total of $156,000 in cash and stuff. Not a bad haul for roughly 48 minutes of picking random numbers.

Next time on Le Banquier, we get our burlesque on. I think I'm really going to enjoy recapping that episode, if you know what I mean ;).

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:16 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier - November 24, 2013

Warnings: 0
Another average game, where the contestant Deals as soon as the offer reaches six figures. However, as I said before, that is a MUCH better strategy than the common UK strategy of dealing as soon as the offer gets close to £20,000. :smt023 The offer she dealt was a very interesting decision, and it really comes down how much utility a luxury car has to you. Since it has little utility to me, it would've been a definite $193,000 for me in this game.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 2 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]