Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Have you ever met a DOND contestant, or even Noel
Contestant 29%  29%  [ 20 ]
Noel 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Neither 60%  60%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 68

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Warnings: 0
I've not met anyone other than in the Dream Factory.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?
Administrator & Global Moderator

Funnily enough, I've just been in the Spitalfields area of London, and bumped into Andre, the Jack the Ripper tour guide who played a few months ago. I had a brief chat with him and we compared notes about being on the show. :P It's a small world!

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Well he is a tour guide... so always expect him out and about.

the wellser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:29 am    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

h2005 wrote:
Funnily enough, I've just been in the Spitalfields area of London, and bumped into Andre, the Jack the Ripper tour guide who played a few months ago. I had a brief chat with him and we compared notes about being on the show. :P It's a small world!

Out of interest, and you've probably answered this before, but were you ever spotted by members of the public and if so how often?

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Actually, my first pilgrimage had a player on the wings from Leeds whose father and brothers I knew but I didn't realise it was him until after I got home and someone said he was on the show.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:16 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

the wellser wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Out of interest, and you've probably answered this before, but were you ever spotted by members of the public and if so how often?

I was recognised by two people just after my show was aired, and then two more when my show got repeated on More4 a few months later. When I say they recognised me, I mean they came up to me and said something like "Are you David from DoND?". Of course, I said, "yes". Most other contestants I was on the wings with were recognised a lot more - normally several times a day while they were on-screen!

Bojangles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 pm    Author: Bojangles    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Funny but Sam (6th June) has had her hair cut short since playing so no one has recognised her, but her dad gets stopped in the supermarket!

the wellser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:14 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

I've just walked past Blobbie Williams (AKA Tony) in Worcester.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:28 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

I have met 2 contestants who between them won £151,000

£101k Graeme from May 2007...have seen him several times (including the night after his game was shown) as caller at the bingo club here in Aberdeen. Also once saw 1000th show Lisa in a pub in Aberdeen during a Scotland world cup football qualifier during the time she was on the show (think show 997 was on the following day on TV). I am probably 1 of only 2 people on the forum here that has met her as I believe David/H2005 has also met her :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

I met Ed from October 2007 at a gig in Kingston a couple of years back. I'm pretty sure I saw him walking through the guest area at Latitude Festival in Suffolk last month as well.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:17 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Michael DeVere wrote:
I can confirm I have a met a contestant. On more than one occasion as well. ;)

*Ponders for a while* :blueponder

I posted in this thread when it was first set up - I still haven't seen any contestants about! I saw someone who looked a bit like CJ (the one who got booted off the show a while ago) but I'm quite sure it wasn't her.

Oh well, I still remain hopeful that I'll see one walking around Bath one day! :lol:

the wellser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

the wellser wrote:
Daz who won £45,000 back from 2006 is always on the same bus as me. He always seems to be moaning.

He spoke to me once moaning about one of the drivers going off earlier or something like that.

Talking of Daz, I've just seen him on the preview of next weeks X Factor, doesn't look like he goes down well with the judges!

holly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:55 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

i dont know if anyone remembers, but poppy who played back in june lives in the same town as me but i have never seen her

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:49 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Is Poppy the little old lady who won one of the larger blue amounts IIRC?

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:27 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Yes, she only won £750 unfortunately.

holly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

yeah i was really hoping she would get the £1,000

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:54 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

I have met 22.5k Richard.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:59 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Nope, never met anyone from the show.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:02 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Archstered wrote:
Nope, never met anyone from the show.

Have you spoke to any, like after there games?

Aren't pilgrims allowed to speak to contestants in the dream factory?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:15 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Have you ever met a DOND contestant?

Some contestants seem to like interacting with me online. Here's a list.

Someone named Jane tracked me down on Facebook to defend herself after failing on the Dealfest recently. She didn't make a very good case for herself, though, and she approached me in a half-crazed state. Needless to say, that didn't end well for her.

A few weeks later, Wayne the "Milky Bar Kid" added me as a friend on Facebook. Never met him before, but it seems he's somewhat of a legend.

In 2009, I did a feature story for one of my journalism classes at Concordia where I interviewed Dan Judge and Wendy Sunter about their Deal experiences.

The illustrious Pat M. used to PM me here quite frequently, and we'd mostly talk about Canada. I think she either has a relative up here, or has been to visit before.

h2005 runs this forum, and isn't very fond of me. That being said, even at my worst, the biggest punishment I ever got was a one-week tempo-ban. Sorry for ruining your forum, h. I'm a better person now.

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]