Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

sparkychris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:09 pm    Author: sparkychris    Post subject: wondering about when DOND is recorded?

Warnings: 0
I am very excited for my wife who is about to audition for DOND and really hoping that she is successful applicant! (fingers crossed! :D )
I have been wondering how they record the shows?..... from reading all your messages here, especially those of Mally, it seems it is three shows a day. Is this done at weekends or do contestants go down in the week for the recordings? She is really excited about the audition and if anyone has any other experiences they may be ble to share with us, that would be great! Cheers! :D Chris

Arlette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:12 pm    Author: Arlette    Post subject: audition

Hi this is Arlette, a past contestant, I had my audition up in London - then weeks went by and I was called to say "would I like to go on", spent about 10 days in Bristol, they do film 3 shows a day, I stayed in a different hotel than they do now, "good luck to your wife". We all had a great time and lots of friendships are formed. Tell her to bring comfortable shoes as there is a lot of standing to do. Apart from that, let her be herself - enjoy and hopefully win something which is a bonus. They don't film at the weekends, so you get to go home or as my family did came to visit and stayed with me.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:34 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

:welcome: Sparkychris

Nice to hear wife has an audition for the show, hope it goes OK and she gets to play :crossfingers:

Let us know how it goes and if she gets to play.....

mally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:01 am    Author: mally    Post subject:

just tell her to be herself and she wount go wrong , good luck , belive me it will be the best thrill of her life , just ask arlette what its like , good luck :lol:

VixenWales

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:27 am    Author: VixenWales    Post subject:

Good luck to your wife Chris, hope she gets on! :D

sparkychris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:51 am    Author: sparkychris    Post subject: thanks so much for replies!

Hi everyone!! This is Jane, the wife of sparkychris and thanks so much for all your replies to him!! Am really excited bout the audition in 10 days and any advise helps! :lol:
Thanks for telling us bout the experience down in Bristol, Arlette, and it sounds like you were down ther for quite some time! Did you have to take time off work for that and is everyone there for so long? How amazing and exciting!!!! :) :) :)
Do many people take their partners with them for the whole time? (have seen them sitting in the audience quite often, so I guess so)? :D
And,..... is Mr Banker reading what we sy so tht he can suss us out even BEFORE we audition!!??? Hahahahahaha! :D
Take care everyone and thnks again for your great help! It's good to talk to the pros!!!! :D

Arlette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:27 pm    Author: Arlette    Post subject: audition

Dear SpikyChris's wife
Although I was there for 10 days you film 3 shows a day so that means at least 15 shows a week, I was on and off quite quickly, the others went back after Christmas from 8 January and were there for a little while to continue filming. Some take their partners for the whole time, yours will not be allowed into the audition. Best of luck - Arlette.

f1girly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:52 pm    Author: f1girly    Post subject: audition

How did your wife get the audition?

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]