Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

BananaBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:20 am    Author: BananaBoy    Post subject: What do people think of the series of Deal Or No Deal?

Warnings: 0
Hello everybody I'm new to this forum I personally am quite excited for the new season of Deal Or No Deal and wanted to know what everyone else thought. What do you think of the top prize being only £100,000? How do you think it will go ratings wise? What do you think should stay and what do you think should go?

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:54 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What do people think of the series of Deal Or No Deal?
Forum Games Moderator

Welcome aboard!

I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out, I think it'll see a spike in popularity in the beginning but that'll dip down fairly soon as the novelty of a revived series wears off; I do think it'll last a year or two though, at least. £100,000 feels like an appropriate top prize in the circumstances, albeit quite a drop from the original £250k...but this is a less high-profile production I think, they're not going to aim at primetime stardom.
I do hope the format is similar - if not identical, as much as is legally possible - to the way it was during the original show's heyday, though. No Box 23, no Banker's Gamble, just the player, the host, the contestants on the wings, the boxes, and the cold, hard cash. Or numbers on the player's banking app, whatever. Who carries cash anyway these days? :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:51 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What do people think of the series of Deal Or No Deal?

daniel123 wrote:
Welcome aboard!

Did you block me on FB for a reason? Not cool, dude.

Professorbottom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:42 pm    Author: Professorbottom    Post subject: Re: What do people think of the series of Deal Or No Deal?

I also joined this forum a few weeks ago although I did regularly visit here many years ago without actually making an account! :lol:
I'm also intrigued to see what the new version of DOND will be like. Hopefully like the show was originally so no box 23 or offer button or anything like that that ruined the show In the first place.
I actually applied to be a contestant but didn’t here anything back :(

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:10 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What do people think of the series of Deal Or No Deal?
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
Welcome aboard!

Yes - you're not the kind of person I'd want to have any personal interaction with. That might not be cool for you, but it is right for me. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:13 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What do people think of the series of Deal Or No Deal?

daniel123 wrote:
psychokiller wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
Welcome aboard!

Yes - you're not the kind of person I'd want to have any personal interaction with. That might not be cool for you, but it is right for me. :smt023

Oh pish posh, everybody uses that excuse.

Besides, a simple unfriending would've done - with a polite message stating why. No need to piss the bed to the full blocking extent.

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]