Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:12 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:12 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:28 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Davao wrote:
Power5 wrote:
Davao wrote:
Did anyone think Spartacus on the forum a member in the early days, was actually Player 14?

I think we pretty much worked it out and thought it was a female contestant from early on, can’t remember the name though.

I remember the whole Geordiegate thing though, there were a couple of ID’s who took his side on everything and eventually he gave the game away by signing off as Geordie on a post from one of the others :lol:

Just had a look on the forum, looks like it was player 3, Anita!

I remember someone worked out it couldn't have been her because Spartacus referred to a statistic or box number or something that meant it couldn't be her. It could well have been her anyway though and she just made an error with whatever she referenced.

Slightly changing the subject, there used to be an Excel sheet which Endemol had on the official DoND website, detailing all the players (including their surnames!) and winnings. I thought I saved a copy, but can't find it.

Does anyone have a copy and be willing to share it? :-D Not sure how long they maintained it for but I think it was until at least 2010ish.

There's someone on the discord dond server, with all the links to each episode and contestants first names and winnings, all in a spreadsheet

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:41 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Power5 wrote:
Anyway, who are we still waiting to see among old regulars? I think Kestral’s dropped in hasn’t he? So just waiting for Daniel4389, Suezan, Wakey, Walsh (maybe not!), “The Banker”, No Deal, Steve, JimmyB (or was it G?), Qwerty, JKD and “I Hate This Stupid Fixed”! Oh, and a few contestants from the old days would be good to see.

Hi!! Was just trying the new season on ITVX (not sure I will stick with it, it doesn't seem the same with the lower boxes and no Noel) and thought I would come and see if this place was still going, can't believe how many people are still here! Hope everyone is well and enjoyed the new season, what with this and Big Brother I feel like I've been transported to my teenage days (even though I am now 34 and married with two kids...)

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:41 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

OMG I still have that signature of all those people I used to like, I still remember all of them!

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:49 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Just started with my first proper run through of dond from the very beginning just gone past Noel's favourite! Vaughan's game

Welcome back Daniel!

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:19 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

daniel4389 wrote:
Power5 wrote:
Anyway, who are we still waiting to see among old regulars? I think Kestral’s dropped in hasn’t he? So just waiting for Daniel4389, Suezan, Wakey, Walsh (maybe not!), “The Banker”, No Deal, Steve, JimmyB (or was it G?), Qwerty, JKD and “I Hate This Stupid Fixed”! Oh, and a few contestants from the old days would be good to see.

Hi!! Was just trying the new season on ITVX (not sure I will stick with it, it doesn't seem the same with the lower boxes and no Noel) and thought I would come and see if this place was still going, can't believe how many people are still here! Hope everyone is well and enjoyed the new season, what with this and Big Brother I feel like I've been transported to my teenage days (even though I am now 34 and married with two kids...)

Welcome back! Yes quite a throwback, we’ve still got Gladiators to follow though you’re probably too young to remember the original for that one!

Most of us weren’t really “still here” until recently, I averaged about one post a year for the past decade…

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:55 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

What's weird is that seeing "daniel4389" as the "last poster" in the forum index still actually looks familiar. That's the mark of an iconic member :P

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return
Administrator & Global Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
Power5 wrote:

Welcome back!

DoND being revived is definitely like stepping back into the late 2000s, especially given how many people have returned here. Being able to WFH and finish at 4pm most of the time nowadays also means I can frequently watch the show live. :P

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:44 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return
Forum Games Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
Power5 wrote:

Hope everyone is well and enjoyed the new season

All well here, ta! Older, wiser, less hair on head, more wrinkles on face...and a totally different person to 2006, thank god :lol:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:58 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

I swear you were even younger than me??

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return
Forum Games Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
I swear you were even younger than me??

:-D I was...and weirdly, I still am! 29 in a little under a month. Just feeling slightly more weathered, slightly more frequently, as each year goes by :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:07 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Even the younger Daniel is now older than I was when DOND/this place started, that’s quite scary…

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Welcome back Mr 4389 :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:39 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Next special 7th January 7pm!

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:02 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Not posted for a while on here. Wasn't able to watch the new run entirely live due to real life commitments.

I actually liked Stephen as host.

It did feel we crossed off many of the "cliches" from the original run.

Quite a shame also that bravery from the contestants and the boards never married up so that we got a mega money box win.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:46 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

UPDATE:

Deal or No Deal Coronation Street Special - 7pm - January 7th 2024
ITV1 London
Stephen Mulhern hosts as Corrie star Simon Gregson tries to open the 22 red boxes in the right order, going head-to-head with the infamous Banker. Supported in the wings by his family, friends and a few famous faces, can Simon choose the right boxes and resist the Banker's tempting cash offers until just the right moment to take home a fortune for his chosen charity?

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:59 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

daniel123 wrote:
Ah, and Billy, who was last here five years ago but deserves a mention because his animated signature is exactly the same as it was then, a collage of player photos put together to make one big portrait of Noel that then zooms in to reveal the individual contestants. Snazzy.

Happy to be remembered :) I was quite proud of my signature at the time, done with an old version of Jasc Animation Shop on a Windows XP computer!

I was aged 17 to 19 when I made most of my posts on here and I did get very dramatic (as teenagers past and present do), I really did love the show for its first two years and made my frustrations very clear at times, so I’m sorry for anyone who got in the firing line of this at various points. Deal or No Deal introduced me to a lot of people who helped me revolutionise my social life and become the much calmer 35 year old I am today, so I’ll always be grateful for it and those I met.

I haven’t seen the new series yet, but I did recently get surprisingly back into Doctor Who again which I hadn’t really watched for a decade so maybe it’s time for another mid-2000s revival!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return
Administrator & Global Moderator

There's now been confirmation that a second series will air - https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/dealnodeal-s2repann1

It says filming will take place from the end of June and the new episodes will air from September. No other details yet, including how many episodes will be recorded, but if it ran until Christmas then it could be around 75.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:42 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal To Return

Good to hear, though some way off! Hope most of the series 1 non-players come back.

[ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]