Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:23 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:23 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:49 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Unluckiest game of Season 1?

Warnings: 0
Who had the unluckiest game of season 1? I know the contenders were:

Alan (14/1/2006)
- £35k, £50k, £75k and £250k all gone in the first round, never got an offer above £2,500 (and until March 2008 had the lowest set of offers ever!!), had a £5k game at 8-box, cut his losses for £1,000 at 5-box and had £5k on the table

Geordie (1/2/2006) - Only got one offer above £1,000 (£5k at 8-box with £5k, £15k and £100k on the red side), took out the three reds in the fifth round and had the first ever all-blue final 5, ended up with a 10p/£100 and dealt at £20 (the lowest deal ever at the time)

John (19/7/2006) - Got 2 joke offers at the start as he totally butchered his board during the first half of the game with only the £3k and £75k on the red side at 12-box (!), though he did walk the tightrope for 2 rounds and at least got proper decisions at 8-box and 5-box, but then came crashing in the last round and won £100

Those are the ones i can think of right now anyway

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:39 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Unluckiest game of Season 1?

Rob or Helen from December 2005 easily would've been it had they not recovered their game with the 10% perfect final round.

As is, I'd have to say Alan. Both him and Geordie had a game with a £5k peak, but Geordie's was more of a case of the Banker treating him with contempt, at least until 8 box with his £5k offer and then his spectacular crash there.

Given Geordie's principle of "the game starts at the Deal of 11 and ends at the Deal of 5", I genuinely wonder whether the Banker would've gone down from £5k had he kept an exposed £100k to 5 box, as Geordie probably would've dealt it!

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:56 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Unluckiest game of Season 1?

Helen having the £20k in her box was basically what saved her from having the lowest set of offers pre-Derek Brown, as her first 5 offers never peaked higher than £2,000 - it would've taken a 2012/2013 player to deal at 5-box in Helen's game! At least Rob had one serious decision before 2-box, as his £3,800 offer at 5-box (particularly with the odds stacked up against Rob having another all-blue round) was actually very generous!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Unluckiest game of Season 1?

What about Irene (who played the day before 1p Nick) or Giorgio on the last show of the season? Their highest offers were both less than £5k IIRC.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:24 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Unluckiest game of Season 1?

Jason (22/05) takes the crown for me. The other candidates had opportunities to get out or took the trainwreck well (I.E they didn't let emotions show on camera at least. Very, very few people were genuinely blase about it)

Jason's lip was hanging off the entire time. He had a young family, even a modest figure (at the time) would have been a godsend. No momentum built whatsoever. There was no atmosphere in the audience, the wingers were all feeling guilty. Even his 6th offer 'blue' deal to avoid the 1p club backfired.

It was so miserable that when I was digitising my tape archive circa 2012, I couldn't actually keep his game which is why it's missing on my Youtube channel. I still got hit with that depressing feeling even years later.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:29 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Unluckiest game of Season 1?

Jason did have an opportunity to get out to be fair with his £5,000 8 box offer on a 6 blues/£10k/£75k 8 box. I definitely would've taken it with the Banker likely to go down if either red was found and it being unlikely that he would go into 5 figures even if he kept both.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]