Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:51 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:51 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

Stevo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:31 am    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Deal in 2020

Warnings: 0
I must be honest I am going through a bit of a DOND resurgence, largely due to the newly (old) emerging episodes on You Tube. Reminds me of how much I miss the early ‘glory’ days of Deal that ended for me around 2009 and my interest that briefly returned in approx 2012.

I hope this forum never disappears, especially if Deal ever returned, which isn’t impossible but of course reliant on consistent sponsorship.

To that end I have created a Facebook group to help to keep the memories alive. Pop in and have a chat whenever you wish, post a photo, story, query or just nonsense, it would be good to reminisce. Ex-contestants, crew and forum members welcome - be great to drum up a community. You can find it here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2549027 ... ?ref=share

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:18 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

I've been thinking about this myself. I've been watching a lot of games from the latter half of season 1 (May-July 2006) and this is actually the first time I've physically seen these games (bear in mind I'm Australian and didn't discover the UK DoND until January 2007 around the era of Laura's game)

I must say, it sure feels different watching the show at time when it was much more fun and generally had a fairly upbeat atmosphere. Sure DoND has always had its emotional moments, but go back 14 years (was it really THAT long ago?!?!), but back then, it just felt so laid back and light-hearted, none of this crying over debts that needed to be paid and just taking the first offer of "good money" rather than playing the game statistically

My favourite so far is £25k Trevor who played in double deal week - his wife's reaction to him dealing was hilarious!! :lol:

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

Stevo wrote:
I must be honest I am going through a bit of a DOND resurgence, largely due to the newly (old) emerging episodes on You Tube. Reminds me of how much I miss the early ‘glory’ days of Deal that ended for me around 2009 and my interest that briefly returned in approx 2012.

That'll probably be my doing. I've been badgered for requests on Facebook for episodes that have survived the years in my homely abode so I've uploaded whatever I can be arsed to find, in between being passed out. Being off work for three months and counting leads to the furthering of preexisting bad habits. I've undergone a similar delving into nostalgic pursuits, of which DOND 2005-8 has featured heavily.

I particularly like the official uploads of every episode from New Year 2008 onwards. Probably the pinpointed moment I completely stopped following the show in even the most cursory aspects until the 2012 resurgance. Thus, these 2008 episodes are a 'new' experience for me - I only really know about the iconic eps like Matty/Richard

Glad to see my uploads have been noticed and appreciated. There'll be more just give me time xoxo

Stevo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:07 am    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

I note with interest that the Jonathon Ross episode of Celebrity Deal Or No Deal was on Channel 4 this Sunday afternoon, must be the first time the show has been on the main channel since Dec 2016 !!!

For anyone interested, it is repeated on 4 Seven on Thursday at 12.10am.

I just wonder if they are testing the waters for viewing figures???

Stevo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 pm    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

The Alan Carr show is on at 1630 on Sunday.

Looks like Channel 4 may be showing the full set of Celebrity shows again.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:00 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

Interesting. I'm surprised they choose Alan Carr's episode, though, as that was super over-saturated with gimmicks (Box 23, Offer Button AND "Alan's Car"). I guess it's to draw in viewers who watched ITV's Epic Gameshow.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
Stevo wrote:

That'll probably be my doing. I've been badgered for requests on Facebook for episodes that have survived the years in my homely abode so I've uploaded whatever I can be arsed to find, in between being passed out. Being off work for three months and counting leads to the furthering of preexisting bad habits. I've undergone a similar delving into nostalgic pursuits, of which DOND 2005-8 has featured heavily.

I particularly like the official uploads of every episode from New Year 2008 onwards. Probably the pinpointed moment I completely stopped following the show in even the most cursory aspects until the 2012 resurgance. Thus, these 2008 episodes are a 'new' experience for me - I only really know about the iconic eps like Matty/Richard

Glad to see my uploads have been noticed and appreciated. There'll be more just give me time xoxo

What's your name on YouTube? I wouldn't mind having a browse myself. I do hope you're alright as always, mate.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:29 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

daniel123 wrote:
psychokiller wrote:
Stevo wrote:

What's your name on YouTube? I wouldn't mind having a browse myself. I do hope you're alright as always, mate.

It's my real name. Just type in "Deal or No Deal - Cocky Bill" and you'll find me. Enjoy!

Stevo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:34 am    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

Bit of a random approach to the Celeb DOND games showing on Channel 4 at the moment. First it was Jonathan Ross, then Alan Carr last weekend. Next up, it’s Joan Collins and then Louis Walsh! A real bounce around between the two series.

Watched Alan Carr’s game as I hadn’t seen it before. Must say in points with all the silliness it was unbearable to watch, fast forwarded the whole driving course thing - they didn’t even have a chat with any of the box openers, including the celebs (why they were there, what’s the connection to the player etc...) !!! :shock:

If the show returned without the nonsense, bit of a VT showcase about the charity - why it’s important etc, and actually involved some chat and a laugh early on with some of the celebrities and friends, it could be decent viewing.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:55 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal in 2020

Stevo wrote:
Bit of a random approach to the Celeb DOND games showing on Channel 4 at the moment. First it was Jonathan Ross, then Alan Carr last weekend. Next up, it’s Joan Collins and then Louis Walsh! A real bounce around between the two series.

Watched Alan Carr’s game as I hadn’t seen it before. Must say in points with all the silliness it was unbearable to watch, fast forwarded the whole driving course thing - they didn’t even have a chat with any of the box openers, including the celebs (why they were there, what’s the connection to the player etc...) !!! :shock:

If the show returned without the nonsense, bit of a VT showcase about the charity - why it’s important etc, and actually involved some chat and a laugh early on with some of the celebrities and friends, it could be decent viewing.

Yeah, the Alan Carr fest was borderline unwatchable gameplay-wise. Even the 'Offer Button' was alien to me as I never watched anything between 2013-16 asides the actual final episodes, so even that had me confused. The Wossy edition was far more 'true' in those regards. Joan Collins, hmm, I watched that but... was it New Year's Day 2013? There is scant memory of that, consequently. Louis Walsh was quite gripping as he took it seriously so the stakes were close to matching a bona fide civvy episode.

Pretty sure it was announcement of the original 2012 celeb editions which prompted me to return to this forum and become a (far more casual than the 'heyday') DOND viewer again.

I'm thinking the repeats are also intended to remind the public of the show again, with a few years now having passed since the final transmissions and 12-14 years since it was pulling in bank busting viewing figures, and whetting their appetite for the original series (or two) to become available. Possibly more. With C4 having secured a Britbox deal, this doesn't seem illogical. I'd watch and wait!

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]