Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 18 posts ] 

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:41 pm    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Deal Or No Deal Universe

Warnings: 0
Hello Everyone gonna point you in a direction to a YouTube channel called Deal Or No Deal Universe which has full episodes of Deal Uk and Deal USA

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:02 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

A perennial livestream. Interesting enough - chronological or random? It certainly looks official, the quality is straight out of the digitape. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbVgkFE5us

Quite timely of me to come on here and see this thread, cos I've just uploaded some fuzzy VHS episodes from 2006. Hoping no-one has a bug up their ass about it anymore - judging by the number of el classico Dealio's on 'tube, it should be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCosTDj ... PI5F1visA/

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:57 am    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

psychokiller wrote:
A perennial livestream. Interesting enough - chronological or random? It certainly looks official, the quality is straight out of the digitape. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbVgkFE5us

Quite timely of me to come on here and see this thread, cos I've just uploaded some fuzzy VHS episodes from 2006. Hoping no-one has a bug up their ass about it anymore - judging by the number of el classico Dealio's on 'tube, it should be ok.

what other games do you have

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:35 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

SteffanDeal20056 wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

what other games do you have

Eh, many. Most from 2006, with a fair few from 2012 when I regained an interest in the show and re-signed up to the forum. Request or ask for a particular ep and it's not unlikely that I can sort you out. Just chuck in a gram of Tinkerbell for me by way of thank you x

As I type this, I opened the livestream on an *amazing* piece of the show's history. Di from 2007. Declined £44,000 at 5-box with no back-up should the £250,000 be vaporised. Nobody - especially not her husband - wanted her to decline it. It's mad scenes, Clive.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:46 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

I suppose it's comforting having the livestream on in the background. Noel's voice and hoary old tropes, the in-house music, the inevitably extroverted Essex-borne contestant dithering and dallying. Harks back to a simpler time (with the benefit of hindsight)

I'm wondering if the show's worth having a documentary made about it? The obvious issue is that it suffers greatly from ''first album is the best album'' syndrome, and even ex-avids like myself will only really be interested in revelations about the prime 2006 era and ex-contestant contributions from the same period. Laura Pearce onwards would basically be a footnote. 10 years a footnote, with a whistlestop tour of the £250k winners, tongue slip Mary, Mark de Souza and the woman who fainted, who wasn't even a contestant.

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:46 am    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

have you got £5 Tan, £500 James, £300 Jason, £13k Simon, £1 Simone and £5K Mark from 2006

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:16 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

SteffanDeal20056 wrote:
have you got £5 Tan, £500 James, £300 Jason, £13k Simon, £1 Simone and £5K Mark from 2006

I definitely have Tan, Simone and Mark. Can't guarantee Jason and Simon but I *ought* to have them stashed somewhere cos I taped them. Only one you can scratch off is James. 3 out of 6 ain't bad! Get the local pusherman on your dials now pls x

On the live stream right now there's a highly shaggable 50 something contestant. Flirty cockney in a leather jacket. Be still my beating...

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:44 pm    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

I'll await the uploads

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:44 pm    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

Oh I forgot one more £1 Raj

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:03 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

SteffanDeal20056 wrote:
Oh I forgot one more £1 Raj

Got that as well. I think it might be the full lock, stock and barrel with original continuity + adverts so I'd actually be curious to dig this out again.

It's looking strangely unlikely that I have Jason's game now. The tape is long gone but I don't seem to have made any digital transfers of it, which is odd. It really was quite genuinely depressing if I remember right. He wasn't taking the trainwreck well at all, no tears but his lip was lowered and quivering right from the first round. And I probably don't have Simon's too, I remember discarding the tape for it having made digital copies of every game contained within... bar his, sadly! I don't think it was memorable enough, even after the passage of time turning every moment of the prime era into nostalgic wonderdust.

Tan, Mark and Simeone will be uploaded tonight, though. I'd like to honour at least half of your requests because, eh, what's the harm.

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:42 pm    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

Do you remember Jay's game he was beating himself up about Box 6 because it had the 250k and Kerry gave him a kick up th e bum

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:43 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

SteffanDeal20056 wrote:

You still there?

I have found a tape containing Simon's game in an old sports bag. Patricia's is on there too. Both of these are obscure games in the 'gold' era so would be interesting to see them all the same. Patricia is easily the least remembered "250k in the box" game of the 2005-7 era, every other example stood out by virtue of falling into the categories of - memorable squandering/won a huge sum anyway/first or last person to bring it to the table for a while/character outweighing result.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:08 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
I suppose it's comforting having the livestream on in the background. Noel's voice and hoary old tropes, the in-house music, the inevitably extroverted Essex-borne contestant dithering and dallying. Harks back to a simpler time (with the benefit of hindsight)

I'm wondering if the show's worth having a documentary made about it? The obvious issue is that it suffers greatly from ''first album is the best album'' syndrome, and even ex-avids like myself will only really be interested in revelations about the prime 2006 era and ex-contestant contributions from the same period. Laura Pearce onwards would basically be a footnote. 10 years a footnote, with a whistlestop tour of the £250k winners, tongue slip Mary, Mark de Souza and the woman who fainted, who wasn't even a contestant.

So many good points there. Laura Pearce's show was about a week before my twelfth birthday - I watched it with my family, as I'd tipped them off that something big was going to happen, but at the end, I remember quite vividly thinking, 'OK, but what now?'. Well, what did happen after that? Nothing to shout home about. Why? Because the pinnacle had been reached. Once you've climbed Everest, you barely have a moment or two to savour the unbridled delight of fulfilling your dream at the summit before you realise you have to climb back down again.

That really was all DoND had - a moment or two at the summit.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:46 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

daniel123 wrote:
So many good points there. Laura Pearce's show was about a week before my twelfth birthday - I watched it with my family, as I'd tipped them off that something big was going to happen, but at the end, I remember quite vividly thinking, 'OK, but what now?'. Well, what did happen after that? Nothing to shout home about. Why? Because the pinnacle had been reached. Once you've climbed Everest, you barely have a moment or two to savour the unbridled delight of fulfilling your dream at the summit before you realise you have to climb back down again.

That really was all DoND had - a moment or two at the summit.

She won it at pretty much the right time, just into those early yawns of 2007. It helped the show maintain its intrigue and a general mass of casual audience throughout 2006. I don't doubt that the show's 'golden age' duration would have been altered significantly had Germaine kept £35/50k to the end (short of a wild offer, he'd have gunned for it no doubt)

Stevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:04 pm    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

Hmm, the uploads of the 2008 episodes on Deal Or No Deal Universe seem to have stalled it would seem with nothing in the last 3 weeks. Current status : 47 episodes (634-683 excluding 674-676).

Certainly appears to be a US account, and almost 100 eps of their version have been uploaded. Their Season 2 had 70 episodes and 66 have been put up so far. I was wondering what would happen when they exhausted Season 2.

Probably not a coincidence that Amazon Prime now have the same batch of 2008 episodes but so far only continuing up to approx episode 740.

The 24hr ‘merry-go-round’ exclusively contains 2007 episodes, which of course just about includes Laura. Surprised that some of these haven’t been uploaded as standalones from ‘Season 3’ as they would call it.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:02 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

Stevo wrote:
Hmm, the uploads of the 2008 episodes on Deal Or No Deal Universe seem to have stalled it would seem with nothing in the last 3 weeks. Current status : 47 episodes (634-683 excluding 674-676).

Certainly appears to be a US account, and almost 100 eps of their version have been uploaded. Their Season 2 had 70 episodes and 66 have been put up so far. I was wondering what would happen when they exhausted Season 2.

Probably not a coincidence that Amazon Prime now have the same batch of 2008 episodes but so far only continuing up to approx episode 740.

The 24hr ‘merry-go-round’ exclusively contains 2007 episodes, which of course just about includes Laura. Surprised that some of these haven’t been uploaded as standalones from ‘Season 3’ as they would call it.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the decision to 'officially release' the 2008 episodes is definitely a considered choice, as it provides a 'new' experience for the majority of fans and casual viewers alike as it was far beyond the show's all conquering era, but (with hindsight) it's still recognisably the old-style DOND, pre-oversaturated gimmicks and graphical overhaul. I've watched most of January 2008 and it's only slightly less punchy and gripping than 2006. Funnily enough one of the worst shows is Farmer Clive, which was lauded as one of DOND's 'iconic' games. We actually deal with farmers in our line of business and if he was on our client list we'd not be looking forward to the allotted appointments.

The 'livestream' of 2007 episodes showcase the *worst* era in the show's history. Noel's rampant pro-gambling partiality, the ''blue'' chants and nothing going in the contestants favour.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:30 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

I didn't realise Amazon Prime also boasted 2007 episodes! 89 episodes ranging from Mariette on 2nd Jan to Penny in June. Most, if not all, are missing for February for some reason - but even stranger are the singular exclusions for the May episodes (the run from mid-March to June is otherwise complete).

And I know why. Each 'hidden' episode wouldn't fly in today's social climate (quite rightly). Two feature condescending, pervy attitudes towards the young (and very young, one was 19) contestants, the other featured questionable content where the male contestant was being set up with a member of the production crew, with her phone number included in offers? I'm recalling this from the OG broadcast, so, bear with me. It was treated as banter, but the contestant was genuinely looking for love so wasn't treating it *too* jokily. It felt forced, patronising and I don't think this crew member was particularly game. I would be interested to hear it from the crew member's side. I found it squeamish viewing as a 13 year old, so that tells its own story.

You may call me a conspirator, but I don't see that just occurring by chance. Someone's a wee bit embarrassed.

Stevo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:17 pm    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal Universe

I also had not checked the drop down revealing Season 3.

There may be an element of certain games excluded but various blocks of games are missing, some of which are not inappropriate in any way - I’m thinking Shahid, PJ etc...

In other news, DOND Universe still marching towards the end of US Season 2 with now just 1 game left to upload / schedule, but still no more U.K. uploads.

[ 18 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]