Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:37 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:37 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Paintworks Phase IV

Warnings: 0
Hi - its a long time since I visited this site but I wondered if there is anyone here interested in what is happening at Paintworks where all the earlier DOND shows were recorded. As you probably know the area where we used to wait be before and between shows was demolished about 4 years ago and has been replaced with "Paintworks Phase III" a development of flats, houses and businesses which are now occupied. Now work on "Paintworks Phase IV" has started with the demolition of the TV Studio. Some of the residents in the live-work units overlooking the site are posting pics and videos on Facebook. There is a group "Paintworks Bristol Phase IV Build" which I think anyone can see. There is also a closed group for Residents of Phase III which you may be able to get on but is of course mostly about parking problems and lost deliveries.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:37 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Paintworks Phase IV
Forum Games Moderator

Hi Kanga, wow, it really has been a while! Welcome back anyhow. Interesting to read about Paintworks, I suppose all good things must have their demise at some point in time...

I always found it quite quaint, the way that all those life-changing memories and euphoric highs and devastating lows, moments that are probably still as fresh in the minds of the contestants and players as they were at the time, all the tropes and idioms and trends and traditions that were created and established and ran their course and eventually disappeared, all the rip-roaring all-blue rounds and stratospheric rises and all the painstaking falls from grace, the first 1p win, the first £250,000 win, the first first-offer-over-£10,000, the first joke deal on a blue final two, the first swap, the first all-blue and all-red opening rounds, the first player to stay for 50 shows, the first Banker's Gamble, the first person to win nothing, and all the other firsts that we celebrated and lamented to our hearts' content without ever realising that each would one day have a last; all the afternoons we spent sitting down by the telly, tuning it to get the best picture quality, watching with baited breath as each round wrote a piece of Deal or No Deal history that would never be altered, as each contestant made their début and had their run and sat at that old table and hoped that luck would be on their side, weaving their name into the fabric of this captivating and frustrating game show without even knowing that they were doing so...that all that took place in a studio in Bristol.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:07 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: Paintworks Phase IV

Yes I was quite surprised to find you were still up and running and my user id and password still worked. I can see from my tag line that the last shows I saw were the live ones - I think it was 2011. I didn't see any after they left Paintworks. My daughter lives a couple of streets away, a few doors up from Mark Olner, so I am back in Bristol often.

[ 3 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]