Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:01 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 1:01 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 17 posts ] 

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:46 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

Warnings: 0
Mark De Sousa's monumental Chernobyl disaster of a game.

Yours?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:04 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

£50k Rich's game, as the unbelievable amount of drama, tension, and entertainment in that game is what got me hooked on UK Deal or No Deal.

*awaits KP's wrath for claiming a game that featured two AMOs turned down as my favorite* ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:09 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

For me, it has to be Morris the poet. A perfect mixture of being all of the following: unspoiled; a genuinely likeable contestant; in the middle of the show's hayday when I was enjoying it the most, and it containing a huge and justifiable gamble.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:28 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time
Administrator & Global Moderator

There are probably many that could take the title of 'best game/show' for me, but the first that sprung to my mind was £87k Lance which aired in August 2006, the year which was the peak of the show in my opinion. It was a hilarious show with a great contestant, good game and a large amount won.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:29 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

Aaron Brock wrote:
For me, it has to be Morris the poet. A perfect mixture of being all of the following: unspoiled; a genuinely likeable contestant; in the middle of the show's hayday when I was enjoying it the most, and it containing a huge and justifiable gamble.

An unspoiled ''big'' game in the prime era was definitely rare, I think £100k Gaz from the same week was a surprise as well.

johnr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:35 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

£250k Suzanne

First player to get the dream finish in LIVE play, first player to swap the box to win the £250,000, and then I think it was Kerry Anne who a week or so later ended up rather recklessly turning down a WHOPPING ££140,000!!! on a £10k / £250k finish to reveal £10k

That was when the Channel 4 press department were crafty with their spoilers (Will lightening strike twice?) rather than more recent times where they basically did all they could to spoil games!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:45 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

Tough question as there have been so many. There's all the £250k wins (especially those that weren't spoiled beforehand), there's our own h2005's game just for the fact it was someone on here playing.

If I had to pick one and this is rather based on the fact it was the biggest win I saw live but it has to be £100k Dale's game - just for the sheer tension in the studio at the end.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:56 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

I think all the £250k wins had their pros and cons, some were ruined by excessive spoilers beforehand, but then again some of such as Nong, Roop, Ann and Vicki were achieved by making questionable decisions and taking huge risks, while some others were basically handed to the players due to stinginess on powerful boards, or you know, an easy deus ex machina following a deal

johnr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:20 am    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

What was the episode where the player managed to use the offer button to get the banker to offer somewhere between £75k - £100k? I seem to remember they dealt at that point and it proved to be the correct decision!

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:01 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

100k Dale has to be in the top 3 games of all time by me. A huge and fantastic character and got what he deserved!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:29 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

johnr wrote:
What was the episode where the player managed to use the offer button to get the banker to offer somewhere between £75k - £100k? I seem to remember they dealt at that point and it proved to be the correct decision!

I think that was Bill who played at Halloween back in October 2014 and won £80,000 :D

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:41 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

JamesJMH91 wrote:
johnr wrote:

I think that was Bill who played at Halloween back in October 2014 and won £80,000 :D

And after that, in the 300+ remaining studio games, only 1 person (£40k Jenny) managed to get a Power 5 level button offer. This, of course, excludes games where the player didn't get the Offer Button but the Banker made a Power 5 level extra offer of his own. :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

bluewater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:33 pm    Author: bluewater    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

H2005 game

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:31 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

100k Karen or Kieran or whatever she was called. There was 2 reds at 11 box and kept them to the end and she won the higher amount.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time
International Forums Moderator

Oh Keran was a classic for the sheer ridiculousness of the way it happened. Good gameplay too, as the last two offers were both firmly arguable either way.

Going to have to give another vote to Lance though. All discussions about the best ever game start there for me, and I can't think of any game that ticks more boxes than it. Even Noel revealing the £100k didn't go badly!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:16 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

I really liked Daniel who played in 06/07 and IIRC he is the one who has got the closest to a P5 5 box.

Oh Farmer Clive too!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:48 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Go on then, what was the Best game of All time

Speaking of character-driven games, £1 Walter should be up there too! Yes it sad to see him have such bad luck throughout his game, but the fact that Walter was such a huge character meant the gameplay hardly mattered.

I think both Walters were great to be honest! :-D

[ 17 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]