Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:05 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

Warnings: 0
The end is near...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/noel ... ar_twitter

Not good news for the 22 players waiting for their turn to play.

TheDontCareBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:58 am    Author: TheDontCareBear    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Bring back Andy Kelly

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Mark wrote:
The end is near...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/noel ... ar_twitter

Not good news for the 22 players waiting for their turn to play.

There is going to be a "Farewell Tour", though. :ponder:

I wonder if they'll be recording 25 episodes so that the show reaches 3,000 total episodes before it goes off the air for for good.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:26 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

Well at least C4 have finally made their minds up and bothered to tell us, a full 15 months after they stopped filming. :roll:

The 'farewell tour' should be interesting as long as Noel and the banker don't keep blathering on about the lack of jackpot wins.

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:18 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: The end of Deal or No Deal......

I came to this topic after seeing an article on the daily mail confirming the OP's original thoughts, and it's a sad prospect of not being able to tune in to a fresh episode of DOND whenever I like (something I feel I have taken for granted now).

Although I haven't frequently watched the show (as it's aired) since god knows when (possibly 2009), I have always enjoyed the post show analysis, this forum proving a valuable asset and of course catch up TV too due to my 10 till 10 shift patterns.

But given this complacency that the programme will always be available to watch, the inevitable has happened, as first witnessed almost 10 years ago, that the format has dried up. No matter what changes are made, it just didn't seem enough. Make a change and we feel that the show is coming too far away from its roots and on the opposite end don't make any changes and the show appears boring. What more can be done other than to give the show a break? Not a lot - as I feel 11 years is a very long time and that damage has been done - as evident with the loss of viewing figures.

I just hope that in the future, in say 5 years time, the lack of DOND will perhaps introduce a fresh appeal for the show to be returned. Comeback shows usually do well for the first series. We shall see.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've split the other topic and created this new one to focus on the news that was released today, regarding the end of the show.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:11 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

Trending on Twitter.

Will they still show the remaining 46 episodes?

Fan of classic rock and metal

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:47 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

I mentioned this on Facebook, and I'll mention it again here:

In today's television market, it's incredibly impressive - and somewhat rare - for a television show of any kind to last for 11 years. There are many that don't even make it to 11 episodes before they're cancelled.

We knew the writing was on the wall for quite some time now, and it's finally been made official by Channel 4.

It's a sad day for the fans of this show, who extend well beyond this forum. Deal has impacted many lives, both positively and negatively, and gave millions of pounds away to thousands of contestants in the process. That alone is an accomplishment.

Here's hoping that the final recorded episodes do air sometime soon, and that the farewell tour gives Deal a proper sendoff.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:25 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

So when are they airing the final run of episodes? Is it still not coming back for it's final run for another couple of months yet?

I'm sort of happy and sad about this. Of course I'm sad that UK DoND is finally coming to an end after a healthy ELEVEN years on air, but at the same time, the show's cancellation has basically been 'imminent' since early 2015, and it's sort of been halfway out the door since then, with the show's final run being dragged out at nauseoum due to frequent breaks for horse-racing,a 2-month+ summer break last year, and a (still ongoing as of writing this) almost 7-month break this year

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:44 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal
Forum Games Moderator

So it is to be the end we all expected.

The great show is dead. Long live the great show!

And to the future.

:smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:06 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

It's been revealed who the Banker is. His name is Glenn. Used to be in Coronation Street.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:11 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal
Forum Games Moderator

So we were right all along. A ten-year-old dispute is ended too. Glenn really was the Banker. :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:08 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

At last.

I hope it ends on a high.

Finally it ends.

Should of ended years ago.

At least we know now. It has been a great journey for the last 11 years.

thundercat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:04 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

Mark wrote:
It's been revealed who the Banker is. His name is Glenn. Used to be in Coronation Street.

A widely regarded theory that Glenn Hugill was the banker has existed, as dan123 has already mentioned, a very long time, possibly since 2005/2006.

Originally a bothersbar conspiracy (now there's a blast from the past)

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:50 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal
Forum Games Moderator

Yeah, I definitely remember it being around at that kind of time, and causing quite a stir here. It was a running gag for a few years too, if memory serves. I should imagine all the times I've mentioned Glenn in reference to the banker in the last couple of aeons, people have read it and thought, 'what's he talking about?' :P

Well, the forum'll still be here, but now that it's handshake time - for all those who left before us as well - good game, chaps. Corker. :D

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:06 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

Deal back on 10 October, according to Noel

Noel Ernest Edmonds ‏@NoelEdmonds Sep 23

The long wait is over! The new run of Deal is returning to Ch4 on Oct 10th at 15:00. More info at http://noel.world @dealornodeal

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:20 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

So there is 45 more shows and if they don't have a days / weeks break for horse racing etc then the final show will be aired on the 9th November....

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:27 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

At least the show is slowly moving out of the graveyard slot. Hopefully when they start the "on tour" shows Deal will be restored to it's original 4 pm (16:00) slot.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

I wonder how many people can still remember the current contestants! :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Deal or No Deal

So I've just looked at Radio Times and I see no mention of DOND at 3PM on 10th October. :?

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]