Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:12 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 5:12 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:22 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Deal or No Deal - a CELEBRATORY thread

Warnings: 0
With the show apparently* facing its final curtain, it's time to have a catch-all thread celebrating the show that we ALL loved at one point. I have been harsh on the show myself, but I can't kid anyone - DOND has helped define a key period of my adolescence and the golden era has ingrained itself into my memory and will remain there forever.

Hopefully those of you that are left can make this a decent thread, perhaps the last great thread on this almost decade old forum for this decade old game show.

Any favourite moments/memories/contestants can be discussed, games which have stood out in your memory, favourite forum related stories, members and experiences.... sod it, just anything positive about you and your passion in the game show which dragged out a five-minute long guessing game into 10 years and one-hour shows.

*definitely

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:02 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal - a CELEBRATORY thread
Forum Games Moderator

Oh, well, now there's something.

The lady who won £41,000 in January 2006. Geordie's game, which I watched from the comfort of a black beanbag in my bedroom, on a tiny plastic TV on top of my chest of drawers. The hundreds of games I recorded over the next year and a half - all on VHS tapes. I was so keen that my 'big' Christmas present in 2006 was a box of twenty video tapes for this purpose only.

My games forum I started in November 2006, which is still preserved today at dansgames.ephpbb.com and will be until - probably until I'm long gone...

My several forums. 02bmiller's forum. Mental Mickey's forum. Mr Bottlebank's forum. mtugby's series, which was later Tugger's series, and Redrum, and my own on Cookie's forum - cookie_monster, Qwerty, why are forum things relevant? Because they came about as a direct result of this show.

Our own golden era, which wouldn't have ever happened - this forum wouldn't have been a twinkle in Kes's eye, but for Deal or No Deal. He and Cazzie would never have met...

James from March 2006, St Patrick's Day. Trevor, who saw his brother after all. Norma. Germaine. Finn? Dazzling Daz, and the most marvellous line from Noel - [whispers to camera] 'watch this...' - [turns to Daz and audience and bellows] 'FORTY-FIVE THOUSAND!'

Noel Edmonds' fantastic acting, making amounts minuscule to him seem as hefty as they are to most of us.

Lance. Giorgio. FaNOdil. Sally Kettle. Laura. Bunney. Danny from Christmas 2006, who probably still hasn't grown up yet.

Howard - £18,000 at the first offer, November 2006.

The list is very long indeed. In short, although the existences of both this forum and the show itself now feel rather brief, this is the great abounding hallmark of the passage of time and, for great and for good, we really have had the time of our lives.

:smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:15 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal - a CELEBRATORY thread

Early 2009 was certainly one of the best periods of the show for me. We had some excellent games and contestants during that era (Not to mention a good amount of players posting on here!) :D - Walter, Joe, The DoND power couple (Alfonso & Melissa), Clare-Louise, Jimmy, Dan Judge, some bloke called David, Russ, Doreen, £35k Claire (One of the most underrated power 5 wins ever!), Alice (Even if her win was contrived) and the 1000th show celebrations :D

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:26 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal - a CELEBRATORY thread

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Early 2009 was certainly one of the best periods of the show...

''Bog off''

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:46 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal - a CELEBRATORY thread

Six words - WHAT A DOPE OF A BLOKE :-D :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:46 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal - a CELEBRATORY thread

psychokiller wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:
Early 2009 was certainly one of the best periods of the show...

''Bog off''

I've seen worse:

:P

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal - a CELEBRATORY thread
Forum Games Moderator

ilovedealornodeal - how could I have forgotten that one? Sorry, Simon :P

Stevie from June 2006, double deal week. I was on holiday in Spain, the holiday I announced to all and sundry about three days after I'd joined, and kept begging my grandparents for money to use the computers in the hotel, to check the threads, results and play Paul The Magician's online game. Great game, that. The computers were 2 euro an hour, but absolutely worth it. The show, at that time, was riveting.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]