Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:11 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:11 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

Warnings: 0
This might be an interesting topic to bring up. We all know that AMO rejections might seem reckless with the greater potential loss than potential gain (*cough* Kerry-Anne *cough*). But are there any situations where you'd be comfortable to reject an AMO?

For me, It'd probably only be for strong 2-box finishes with two amounts close to each other. e.g £37,000 on a £20k/£50k finish, £65,000 on a £50k/£75k finish, or even £180,000 on the dream finish (though I'd probably take it to be the highest dealer ever). Although that's really just because the minimum guaranteed prize is still a significant amount

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:37 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

An offer slightly above the mean on a 1p/£100 or less finish and that's it. The reason why is because I'd want to win the 1p in that scenario as I may get invited back for the 10th anniversary specials if I do.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:45 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

You don't see AMOs come up too often these days, except on Le Banquier, where almost every offer is one. But if I got one on the UK version, I'd probably deal it, with the thought that if I didn't, I probably wouldn't see an offer like that again for quite some time.

So to answer the question, I'd never refuse an AMO.

Ben, although I disagree with your reasoning there, if you ever get onto the UK version and win the one pee, I will personally pay you $1,000, unless Box 23 saves you. You don't want to go all that way just to fail, right?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:09 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Ben, although I disagree with your reasoning there, if you ever get onto the UK version and win the one pee, I will personally pay you $1,000, unless Box 23 saves you. You don't want to go all that way just to fail, right?

Winning anything less than £250 is "failure", Mark. I'd rather fail in style and possibly win myself a free ticket back to the dream factory than be a boring failure that no sod remembers. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

I'd rather be the guy that no sod remembers who won something decent, as then my game will get mentioned in psychokiller's thread several years after the fact. I don't believe in doing things for fame.

Besides, you'd be getting $1,000 from me if you failed. I dont thhik you can complain about that ;).

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:35 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

You would reject 15k on a 10k/20k finish. Also 17.5k on a 15k/20k finish

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

Those aren't AMOs, Dave. Those offers are the mean.

An AMO in those situations would be £16K on a £10K/£15K finish, or £18K on an £15K/£20K finish. Both are slightly above the mean.

That's one of the few things I know about stats. When you spend almost a decade (!) here, you pick up some knowledge.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:46 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

So like 4,500 on a 3000 and 5,000 finish.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:19 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

Yep, pretty much. An AMO (Above Mean Offer) is an offer that is above the mean of the remaining amounts on the board.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:56 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

I'd reject any slight AMO on any red neighbour final two (e.g. £1k/£3k, £3k/£5k, ... , £100k/£250k), and I'd argue on £75k/£250k too (probably not over £175k). There's probably some all red finalé situations where I'd say no to an AMO too.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:01 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

I wouldn't.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:05 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

I remember some one getting offered £4 on a 1p and £5 finish. According to the Banker it was one of the most generous offers ever. :D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:03 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

Davao wrote:
I remember some one getting offered £4 on a 1p and £5 finish. According to the Banker it was one of the most generous offers ever. :D

And there was once also a game where the player was offered £4,000 on a £750/£5k finish!! :shock:

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:12 am    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Situations where you'd no-deal an AMO

If it was a low-value 2-box with the amounts close enough to each other (so say that game a while ago where the offer was £2,300 on a £1k-£3k finish for an example) I'd go on. Or even an all-blue finish, I'd go on there. But on a high value finish I'd take it and run!

[ 14 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]