Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:29 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
American Coupon Boy wrote:
Davao wrote:
I don't remember Ian who won 71k

That's sort of an oxymoronic statement, Davao. :P :P ;)

:-D I was about to say almost the same thing!

'Ottis? No, I've no idea who Ottis was, I think he played, erm, on 4 September 2006, yeah, that's right. Er, peak offer £7,000, made a joke with the Banker about needing 'one pee', dealt the £7,000 after a horrific start and completed a remarkable spanking. Yeah, no, not a clue mate, sorry...'

;)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:32 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

daniel123 wrote:
American Coupon Boy wrote:
Davao wrote:
I don't remember Ian who won 71k

That's sort of an oxymoronic statement, Davao. :P :P ;)

:-D I was about to say almost the same thing!

'Ottis? No, I've no idea who Ottis was, I think he played, erm, on 4 September 2006, yeah, that's right. Er, peak offer £7,000, made a joke with the Banker about needing 'one pee', dealt the £7,000 after a horrific start and completed a remarkable spanking. Yeah, no, not a clue mate, sorry...'

;)

I don't remember what he looked like.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Who was the guy who said he needed £30,000 and got offered £29,999?

Fan of classic rock and metal

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:00 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

BankerSpanker wrote:
Who was the guy who said he needed £30,000 and got offered £29,999?

Gary in 2006.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Davao wrote:
How about 52k Teresa?

Yeah, that's the stuff. No idea what she looks like nor do I remember anything to do with her game let alone the fact she won a large sum, despite it still being in the era of me watching the show daily.

There's two contestants who *I* recall but the masses probably won't - Clive and Audrey. Clive attended 6 shows before leaving on health grounds in 2005, Audrey managed just two in March 2006 for the same reasons. I don't know what these two look like.

woko88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:08 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

JamesJMH91 wrote:
What about Steph who played in the last week of Season 4 and won £35,000? Her game was great and no one seems to remember it!

I loved her!

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

I've seen 32 DOND's recorded live.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:48 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
Davao wrote:
How about 52k Teresa?

Yeah, that's the stuff. No idea what she looks like nor do I remember anything to do with her game let alone the fact she won a large sum, despite it still being in the era of me watching the show daily.

There's two contestants who *I* recall but the masses probably won't - Clive and Audrey. Clive attended 6 shows before leaving on health grounds in 2005, Audrey managed just two in March 2006 for the same reasons. I don't know what these two look like.

I think I remember Audrey, very vaguely - of course, this was right in the middle of my era (Feb '06-summer '07) - but Clive came well before my time.

Speaking of big winners*, here's one from the same time as Audrey: Norma (March 2006). Norma played two days after 1p Trevor, and dealt her 5th offer of £26,000; she had £15,000 in her box (all of this is gleaned from our archives here, I should note), and, as we used to say back then, 'beat the banker'.

(*edit: Was originally going to include Germaine (£75k) from the same month, but thought better of it...also made a comment re Norma opening the £250k box in Trevor's game; this was incorrect, as I think that was Marilyn).

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:55 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

daniel123 wrote:

;)

I've heard rumours about this guy you refer to as Ottis. The primary rumour that I heard is that he was THE 1ST PLAYER TO TAKE OUT THE POWER 5 IN CONSECUTIVE BOXES. That can't be right, though, as according to Noel and the show's stats (which weirdly enough make no mention of 2006 games other than Morris' and £100k Gaz's games :ponder: :roll: ), Jay from September 2008 was the first player to accomplish this feat. I even remember reading a caption during the 2000th show that said that Jay and Snowy from January 2012 were the only 2 players who took out the Power 5 in consecutive boxes. :roll: :smt011 :smt011

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:27 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers
Forum Games Moderator

Well, it seems like their memory's about as good as mine on a Sunday morning... ;) :P

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:29 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

I think we had a couple of players in December 2005 (Rob and Helen, who opened her boxes reeeeeeaalllyyy slllooooowwwllly!!) who took out all the power 5 very early on in their games, but both managed to turn ther games around and win a decent sum. Not sure if one of them took out the whole five in one go though :?

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:41 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers
Forum Games Moderator

Just checked - neither Rob nor Helen 'managed' that 'feat', if those are the right words...and they're not :P

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:31 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

I think people forget Jenna in 2006 who was the first person to get an OPW from the box.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:16 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Okay, I have to be honest about something here, folks. The reason why I asked about Wayne was because he randomly added me as a friend on Facebook this week :shock:. I'd like to point out that I've never met Wayne before, so that came as a total shock to me.

When I saw the request, I initially thought he was an editor I once worked under. But then I realized that he might've been an ex-Deal contestant. Sure enough, the latter was true.

I have no explanation why this happened. Hell, after looking at the commentary thread for Wayne's game, I didn't even comment on the game.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:57 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Interesting to hear that three ex-pat Americans have played the game. Rod Ferrell was probably the most memorable of the three. Who is the third American?

That brings me to another question - have there ever been any ex-pat Canadians on the program before?

Back to the main topic, there was a Wendy who played several years ago. She swapped 50p for £5,000, or something to that effect. It was a good win at the time, but was pretty much swept under the rug afterwards.

I think there was a week's worth of shows ages ago where the highest amount won was £500. Everyone else won far less than that. You might have to check the archives for that, though. They were all forgettable shows, and no one really remembered the contestants involved.

Jerry from 2009 was American. He won 250 quid. He was from Louisiana.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:54 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Pretty sure we've never had a full week of blue wins, although the first week of season 4 in August 2008 came close (think the peak win was about £3k or something). Is the run of four blue wins in a row in April 2011 still the record?

In answer to your question Dr. Hindsight - Bronwyn from January 2013 was Canadian. There might have been another one too but I'm not sure.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:03 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Brick wrote:
Pretty sure we've never had a full week of blue wins, although the first week of season 4 in August 2008 came close (think the peak win was about £3k or something). Is the run of four blue wins in a row in April 2011 still the record?

In answer to your question Dr. Hindsight - Bronwyn from January 2013 was Canadian. There might have been another one too but I'm not sure.

No there hasn't been a full week of blue wins, the closest we got as you say August 2008. October 2005 did better than that month. Oct 2005 had one show.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:41 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers
Forum Games Moderator

Davao wrote:
Brick wrote:

No there hasn't been a full week of blue wins, the closest we got as you say August 2008. October 2005 did better than that month. Oct 2005 had one show.

Yeah, October 2005 did quite well actually, I think... :smt023 :)

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:42 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

daniel123 wrote:
Davao wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yeah, October 2005 did quite well actually, I think... :smt023 :)

:D :D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:05 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Davao wrote:
Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Interesting to hear that three ex-pat Americans have played the game. Rod Ferrell was probably the most memorable of the three. Who is the third American?

That brings me to another question - have there ever been any ex-pat Canadians on the program before?

Back to the main topic, there was a Wendy who played several years ago. She swapped 50p for £5,000, or something to that effect. It was a good win at the time, but was pretty much swept under the rug afterwards.

I think there was a week's worth of shows ages ago where the highest amount won was £500. Everyone else won far less than that. You might have to check the archives for that, though. They were all forgettable shows, and no one really remembered the contestants involved.

Jerry from 2009 was American. He won 250 quid. He was from Louisiana.

Jerry must've been very young when he moved to the UK, as he'd picked up a strong cockney accent

I'm surprised there have never been any Australians on the show, only Johnny, Max and Shona from New Zealand!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:18 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Wasn't there once a week of shows where the largest win was something like £1,000? I think it drove the forum into a state of depression.

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]