Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:02 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 2:02 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:37 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Some bloke called Jacques once played, IIRC he did *beep*

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:40 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Skyline wrote:

Correct he played in the first show of 2010 and did rubbish.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:17 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Davao wrote:
Skyline wrote:

Correct he played in the first show of 2010 and did rubbish.

Don't you mean 2012. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:31 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Wasn't there once a week of shows where the largest win was something like £1,000? I think it drove the forum into a state of depression.

The closest we've had to that was the aforementioned start of season 4 in August 2008, which still stands as the show's lowest payout week ever, with less than £5k given away in the conventional game (although the banker offered one player extra money to create a 'feelgood' ending). However the peak win of that week was £3,000, probably the lowest 'peak' win of any given week on the show. The next lowest week for payouts was in June 2010, which had a peak win of £5,001 and 4 blue wins. So it could be one of those weeks you're thinking of (and given the state of the forum at both times, it wouldn't have taken much to depress them).

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:58 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

In fact, you could say that the "depression" the forum had at the time led to the 3 Wakeyateers perma-banning themselves. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Brick wrote:
Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Wasn't there once a week of shows where the largest win was something like £1,000? I think it drove the forum into a state of depression.

The closest we've had to that was the aforementioned start of season 4 in August 2008, which still stands as the show's lowest payout week ever, with less than £5k given away in the conventional game (although the banker offered one player extra money to create a 'feelgood' ending). However the peak win of that week was £3,000, probably the lowest 'peak' win of any given week on the show. The next lowest week for payouts was in June 2010, which had a peak win of £5,001 and 4 blue wins. So it could be one of those weeks you're thinking of (and given the state of the forum at both times, it wouldn't have taken much to depress them).

That week had:

Brian - 50p in box + £3,780 banker handout
Nikki - £100 (The unluckiest game ever at the time, beating Derek's game a few months before)
Val - £1,500 (Undersold a £5,000 box)
Bez - £100 (Lost out on a £100/£5,000 gamble at 2-box)
Dave - £3,000 (Opening his box, note he turned down £12,000 at 8-box with only the £250k higher!)
Emma - 50p

Note that the other blue winners this week, as well as in the week, were all given £1,000 bonuses after a player at the end of the second week had an OPW!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

You could say the same about Chris who had the all blue 8-box in March 2009. Noel seemed to forget about it almost instantly, especially in Vera's game about a month later when she had a £100k/8-blues board at 9-box and Noel said she'd be the first player to have an all-blue 8-box! :? :?

Even during Chris' game, Noel didn't even say anything about him being the first to have an all-blue 8-box, he just said "At 8-box, to have NO reds is extraordinary"!! My theory is that Chris' all-blue 8-box was just forgotten amongst the 1000th show celebrations, still that should've made people remember it (well Noel and the others, anyway)! :?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:20 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Another one that gets forgotten is Alexandra who played on January 2 2009 (6 years ago from next Friday, by the way ;) ). She was brilliant and her screams when a blue was revealed cracked me up :-D

Her game was more character-driven, in fact, she could probably be added to the 'horrible deals club', as she dealt at just £13k or something, on a £10/£75k finish! :shock:

I think people forget her because she was replaced by Walter! :)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:18 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Alexandra definitely won't join the Horrible Deals Club. Sure, she was VERY cautious at the final offer, but she had a 50% chance of leaving with next to nothing if she no dealt, and you can't really complain about her wanting to avoid that possibility.

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:40 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

I think people forget 35k Neil. Most underrated 35k win ever.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:43 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Davao wrote:

I think a lot of people remember Neil as he had one of the most spectacular prove-outs in Deal history (he took the Top 4 amounts out in order after he dealt :shock: ).

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:45 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Davao wrote:

I think a lot of people remember Neil as he had one of the most spectacular prove-outs in Deal history (he took the Top 4 amounts out in order after he dealt :shock: ).

35k Darren because of the other games that month. :(

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:32 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

I seem to remember a contestant named Ralph (or Ralf) who did relatively well. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:21 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
I seem to remember a contestant named Ralph (or Ralf) who did relatively well. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

There was a guy called Ralph who played in June 2010, who won £100 :|

This was during a run of bad luck and the beginning of things starting to go downhill for the show :( He was quite a character though and an underrated character :)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:53 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

Jenny from March 2010, no one remembers her because, well, both her and her game were unmemorable :P

rhysdond

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:36 pm    Author: rhysdond    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

The one who one £6,500 in March '09, what was his name again Derrick? Dan? :lol:

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:02 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

£20k Rosie.. The most deserved £20,000 box win in recent years, but unforgettable, because of Paddy's game a few games before..

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:57 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers
Forum Games Moderator

rhysdond wrote:
The one who one £6,500 in March '09, what was his name again Derrick? Dan? :lol:

Oh, no, couldn't have been...it definitely started with a D, though...oh, er...ah! Damien-no, that's not it...Darren! Da-Davie, Davy? David? No, wouldn't have been that... :ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:08 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Contestants that no sod remembers

I saw that game. The contestant looked like my younger brother, albeit with no beard and no hat. Pretty sure his name was either Darren, Darryl or Darnell.

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]