Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 am Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:05 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Favorite Power 5 Win?

Warnings: 0
For me 85k Rodney because he took some brave risks and rejected some generous offers. At least he did the perfect deal at the right time. Enjoyed it.

88k Alex is another one because she was an inspiration and her story was great. She was another brave one. Who is your favorite?

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:15 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

I like P5 wins when the take risks lol.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:19 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

It's hard to say what my favourite Power 5 is. I'd say that my Top 5 are £40,000 Callum, £75,000 Mary, £87,000 Lance, £110,000 Bunney and £50,000 Rich. I think Mary edges out the competition mainly because of the manner in which she won the £75,000. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

Davao wrote:
I like P5 wins when the take risks lol.

So I'm taking it that you weren't the biggest fan of £35,000 Ross, then. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:37 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

It's easy to say the QM wins but for me it has to be the two I was lucky to see live. Justin's £75k win during Love Week (which was on my first ever visit to the Dream Factory) and Dale's £100k win.

Both took final gambles I would never have done in a million years but to see them live was amazing.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:20 am    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

I liked Chris's £100k win in the 2010 Halloween specials, mainly because it was the first real mega money win I had seen as a fan of the show. And I agree about Dale, it will always be up there as a classic.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?
International Forums Moderator

Really depends what you're looking for in a win, frankly!

I think I'll take Lance. Reasonable but significant No Deal on a dramatic 5-box board, fabulous character, and even a few style points with the £87k Deal and the "save a little for him" reaction to it - I think that game ticks the most boxes.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:19 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

I'll probably have to say Lance too - at the time, the established wing characters had a reputation for doing really badly in the chair. Geordie, Giorgio, 50 shows Lucy, the old dears Pat M and Stevie (arguable as they won a red at least), but Lance not only avoided a pisser of a result but he was a mega-money winner, the first for a memorable character. The reaction to the last blue going still lives with me, it was wild.

An honourable runner-up must be £65,000 James - if only because the game has a mythical status for me as well as the all red 8-box. I've never seen anything other than a (long deleted) 2-minute clip which depicted the final blue being eliminated. I'd still love to see the full game.

Oh, another one - £100k Gaz. Even today it's still one of the more phenomenal turnarounds there's ever been and my reaction to watching it go out on its original broadcast is a fond memory.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:24 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

101k Graeme is another one who I liked. He took some very risky risks at 8 and 5 box and at 2 box he got the Morris offer, unlike Morris he took the offer and got a OPW out of it. I think his game influenced Doughnut's Kirsty game a couple of weeks later when she rejected 26,000 and ended up winning a blue.

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:51 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

KP wrote:
Really depends what you're looking for in a win, frankly!

I think I'll take Lance. Reasonable but significant No Deal on a dramatic 5-box board, fabulous character, and even a few style points with the £87k Deal and the "save a little for him" reaction to it - I think that game ticks the most boxes.

Interesting - I remember being irritated at this game for some reason. The final two was win-win so I couldn't see the point in the deal - which made for a bit of an anti climax for me. The 5 to 2 box round was absolutely incredible though. I remember hanging off my seat as each box was opened. This was in the days of a decent audience that created an immense atmosphere with massive reactions for each box opening! Nowadays it's pretty flat :(

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:35 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Favorite Power 5 Win?

thundercat wrote:
Interesting - I remember being irritated at this game for some reason. The final two was win-win so I couldn't see the point in the deal - which made for a bit of an anti climax for me.

I thought it was rather strange too, but it was rounded off brilliantly with his ''I was always told to leave something in it for the other chap'', which he did indeed do.

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]