Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

Warnings: 0
Best comedy games of DOND? I don't mean money wise I mean for laughs and things like that with a lot of humor regardless what they won. Who do you think?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

How many more threads do you want to make? :P

Anyway, I loved Derrick's story of doing a 'number one' on someone from a crane! :laughing
Also, Farmer Clive hanging up the phone was TV gold! :D

Fan of classic rock and metal

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:32 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

Walter's. Mary and Derek Brown lol.It was so bad I had to laugh. Good job he was laughing.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

Judging by the game thread alone, Giuseppe from last February. I wish someone would post that game on Youtube.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:14 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

No-one posts this stuff on the 'tube no more, the dragons at Channel 4 block it. They don't seem too arsed about the older stuff - obviously they like people to see the show when it was worth watching, even if that's nostalgia playing in to it.

Right, ok, comedy games - there was one a while back where some scruffy get knocked a box onto the floor and it spilled its contents out, completing ruining a really strong game for the large bald bloke who was playing because the amounts had to be reshuffled and he took out huge money straight away when beforehand he likely wouldn't have done.

That was 'game show black humour comedy' at its best. Oh, I've remembered another one:

Matty who won 1p - he paraded his b0llocks around too much at the start of the game and he all put had them torn right off by the end. 1p indeed and he was playing for charidee too.

Unrelated to DOND but related to bleak game shows, there's an unbroadcast episode of Robert Kilroy-Silk's Share or Shaft where the contestant bursts into tears after being shafted of £20,000. The rubbernecker in me would like to check this bit of tape out.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:18 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

psychokiller wrote:
No-one posts this stuff on the 'tube no more, the dragons at Channel 4 block it. They don't seem too arsed about the older stuff - obviously they like people to see the show when it was worth watching, even if that's nostalgia playing in to it.

Right, ok, comedy games - there was one a while back where some scruffy get knocked a box onto the floor and it spilled its contents out, completing ruining a really strong game for the large bald bloke who was playing because the amounts had to be reshuffled and he took out huge money straight away when beforehand he likely wouldn't have done.

That was 'game show black humour comedy' at its best. Oh, I've remembered another one:

Matty who won 1p - he paraded his b0llocks around too much at the start of the game and he all put had them torn right off by the end. 1p indeed and he was playing for charidee too.

Unrelated to DOND but related to bleak game shows, there's an unbroadcast episode of Robert Kilroy-Silk's Share or Shaft where the contestant bursts into tears after being shafted of £20,000. The rubbernecker in me would like to check this bit of tape out.

The guy you mention was Massimo in 2006 for the Boxgate incident

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

Eric from February or March 2010 gave us heaps of laughs throughout his game, despite having a pretty unlucky game by dealing at £3,222 and having slightly more in his box

This game probably would've been quite boring to watch if it wasn't for Eric being in the chair, and it would've been tedious and instantly forgotten if it was a 'less extroverted' player! :)

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:11 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?
Forum Games Moderator

The tremendously terrific tenure and temerity of our very own Pat M There Alone!

As our wizened members - and Benjamin, somehow - will doubtless know, the iconic, quite legendary Pat M joined the forum shortly after her game was aired in 2006, enlightening us with her razor-sharp wit and lengthy, anecdotal banter, and rapidly became something of a cult figure here. Prior to that, though, she'd entertained what would then have been around three million viewers daily over a near-record-breaking run of 32 (someone correct that ;) ) shows, endearing herself to the masses the world over.

I don't think I actually watched Pat's game, as I must have been out (not that I'd have missed DoND at that point, so maybe I did see it) but I'm sure she was quipping and roaring away as usual. It wouldn't surprise me if she still is, wherever she may be now... :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:39 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

Haha, I think almost everyone thought it was Pat M There Alone, me included, but it was the rather more straight-forward Pat M The Real One :)

Absolutely fantastic contestant who has barely been matched. A few have come close, perhaps even equaled, but never beaten. I do hope she is still out there, her wit as sharp as ever. She'll be close to 90 now!

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:47 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

I didn't she was in her early 80's when she was on DOND.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:30 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?

Pat M. - I believe the M stands for Miller? - was a legend. One of the best contestants of all time, in my opinion. She had a good rapport with almost everyone here during this forum's heyday, and often got us into fits of laughter with her amazing wit.

At one point, she and I had an ongoing discussion here via PM. Recognizing that I was Canadian, we'd often talk about Canada and other things. I believe she told me that she had either visited Canada at one point and enjoyed it, or had a relative that lived or moved there.

Pat, if you're still out there, we hope you're doing well. Come back and spend some time with us.

I am proud to be the 9,001st member of the Pat M. Fan Club.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:42 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Best Comedy Games Of DOND?
Forum Games Moderator

Indeed, it's testament to the lady that the part of my signature '81st member of the Pat M Fan Club' is the only part which has remained completely unchanged for the last eight years. I keep it there partly through tradition, yeah, I couldn't deny such things, but also in memory - of a brilliant time, and my experiences of watching, and speaking to, a brilliant person. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]