Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:12 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

Warnings: 0
What would you do? I probably make the board everything times by 10. Maybe for Box 23 too.I don't know what will happen yet.Your views?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:45 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

1. Too many useless posts like this. We need to cut down on them.
2. Have Noel play the game for charity whilst Jimmy Carr hosts.
3. Eliminate the Nothing option from Box 23 for this show only.
4. Double the top prize.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:48 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

I'd have 2 weeks of specials for it, with each day commemorating a year of Deal or No Deal, along with someone from that year being the pilgrim of the day. Also, Box 23 will have special options (QUADRUPLE, DOUBLE, +£20,000, QUARTER and NOTHING) so that someone could become a millionaire for those 2 weeks only.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:29 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

With the 31st October 2015 being a Saturday, and it being the haloween specials too, there's nothing to say they won't bother, or indeed like the 5th Birthday have it belated... Kall, I don't think DoND will ever have a £10,000,000 top prize here. Ever.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:33 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

I agree with Archie. They MAY have a £1,000,000 top prize at some point (most likely through one of options for Box 23 being Quadruple), but certainly no larger than that.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:33 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

If it is a special though whoever plays it won't they win a red anyway because if it is a special they probably put +10,000 in the box 23 wouldn't they.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:04 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

kall4i59 wrote:
If it is a special though whoever plays it won't they win a red anyway because if it is a special they probably put +10,000 in the box 23 wouldn't they.

Box 23 is filled at random..

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:09 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'd like to see a live show to celebrate, with ex-contestants on the wings, a normal audience and the usual board (plus box 23 and the offer button).

The player could be selected at random from the audience (assuming they wanted to play of course). A bit risky perhaps, but nonetheless memorable whatever happened, and certainly in the spirit of DoND which Noel often describes as being transparent and open to everyone - so a good way to celebrate the show's 10th birthday. The audience could be selected in advance using random selection of people who applied for tickets.

They could easily stick it at the end of the Halloween specials (assuming they'd run Monday to Friday), plus if they aired it in the evening then Noel would be back on Saturday night primetime!

The extra cost of airing a live show and whether it'd be financially viable would probably be a stumbling block, although I don't know quite how much extra it'd cost.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:53 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

I'd like to see Noel play the game himself. Could be good for when Channel 4 do another one of those mash-up things.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:54 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Do For The 10th Anniversary Show?

h2005 wrote:
I'd like to see a live show to celebrate, with ex-contestants on the wings, a normal audience and the usual board (plus box 23 and the offer button).

The player could be selected at random from the audience (assuming they wanted to play of course). A bit risky perhaps, but nonetheless memorable whatever happened, and certainly in the spirit of DoND which Noel often describes as being transparent and open to everyone - so a good way to celebrate the show's 10th birthday. The audience could be selected in advance using random selection of people who applied for tickets.

They could easily stick it at the end of the Halloween specials (assuming they'd run Monday to Friday), plus if they aired it in the evening then Noel would be back on Saturday night primetime!

The extra cost of airing a live show and whether it'd be financially viable would probably be a stumbling block, although I don't know quite how much extra it'd cost.

That would first of all be dependant if they record another season...

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]