Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 am Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:34 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Warnings: 0
Can you think of any one? I don't mean people like Joyce

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:51 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

As far as this year goes, Ducali probably wins that award, with Malcolm a close 2nd. Had Jono not swapped or had Daniel not lucked out with Box 23, they also would've been candidates for declining the average at the final offer.

In terms of the entire Deal or No Deal history, £5 Joycey unquestionably wins that award.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:14 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Thank you ACB you agree with me about Ducali..

I am thinking Angela from April 2008

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:15 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Elvis - Declined £22,000 on a board consisting of £5 / £250 / £5,000 / £15,000 / £100,000. He was offered 91% of the mean! It's his own fault that he ended up with £250.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:32 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Funnily enough I was just looking at his game's thread

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:55 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?
Forum Games Moderator

I think Gabriel was worse.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:12 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Who is Gabriel and when did she play

box11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:27 pm    Author: box11    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

John G from 2006 - turned down £25,000 on a £10/£250/£1k/£50k/£75k board, then took out the three reds in the next round and won £10

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:35 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

How about Tony who rejected 40,000 and then 14,000 and ended up with 50p. I agree John was foolish.He was greedy just like Fin who played the day before

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:33 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

kall4i59 wrote:
Thank you ACB you agree with me about Ducali..

I am thinking Angela from April 2008

Not sure why you give Ducali such a hard time when you'd have turned down £66k at 2-box today (statistically more generous than what he declined at 2-box) when there could just as easily have been £5 in the box.

For most self-inflicted trainwreck, I'd nominate Gaz from March 2010. He turned down £21k on a 5-box with 3 blues, £20k and £100k, then after taking out the £100k, he then picked the box he was going to save to the end which, yup you guessed it, had the £20k. A self-inflicted crash landing if ever there was one...

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:53 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

I would only be on there for charity and for the experience

Ducali got an offer at 3 box though.

I don't remember Gaz from 2010

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:26 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

I have to say 1p Matty again

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:54 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Matty was a prime example of a player setting themselves up for a fall they couldn't deal with, which I suppose is what we're looking for here. The aforementioned Angela (who played only a few weeks after him!) would go into this category too.

Gaz, who I mentioned, would fit here too - not only did he turn down a very generous 5-box offer, he also denied himself the chance of a decent get-out by taking out the box he was going to keep. Granted, he didn't know the last red was in it, but I always think I'd regret not sticking to a gameplan when it might have worked out, rather than the other way round...

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:02 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Well I was thinking Mark from Sept 2011

Who is Gabriel as Skyline said? when did she play

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:04 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

kall4i59 wrote:
Well I was thinking Mark from Sept 2011

Who is Gabriel as Skyline said? when did she play

I think "he" is someone from Skyline's forum series. I can't recall a Gabriel who played on the actual show.

EDIT: I jus checked Skyline's series and one of the players IS named Gabriel, but he won over 15 million pounds (not a typo). Skyline, do you care to explain how THAT was a self-inflicted trainwreck. :blueponder :suspect:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:40 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

The answer for me is every blue winner in the game's history. They caused their own problems, often declining some very good offers.

From them, we learn the lesson that greed can very quickly destroy your life.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Mark I agree with you on some people games winning a blue like Elvis and Angela for example being greedy. Surely you can't class people like Nikki Tucker as being greedy it wasn't her fault she won a blue. Saying that it 100 pound was good to get out of a game like that. Some people have bad luck. I have seen the reason why you don't like them and I agree with you and I feel for you. It can be upsetting for people like you and on your version there is hardly blue wins. Also you don't see our version so I can see why you get upset sometimes because you don't get a clearer vision of the contestants like we do and you can't judge them that much.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:03 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

kall4i59 wrote:
Mark I agree with you on some people games winning a blue like Elvis and Angela for example being greedy. Surely you can't class people like Nikki Tucker as being greedy it wasn't her fault she won a blue. Saying that it 100 pound was good to get out of a game like that. Some people have bad luck. I have seen the reason why you don't like them and I agree with you and I feel for you. It can be upsetting for people like you and on your version there is hardly blue wins. Also you don't see our version so I can see why you get upset sometimes because you don't get a clearer vision of the contestants like we do and you can't judge them that much.

Incorrect.

A.) I do watch your version on occasion. I have found a website on which I can watch live feeds from several international TV networks. Channel 4 is among them.

B.) I don't really believe in "luck."

C.) Le Banquier is far superior to this version for the reasons stated above. The only issue is that they sometimes give away too many bonus prizes to the contestants.

D.) Getting to know a contestant is sort of unnecessary. In the end, it's really all about the money. That's why game shows exist.

E.) You don't need to have any sympathy for me, or for random people who you don't know in real life.

F.) Both of us are really over-analyzing this, but if that weren't true, this forum wouldn't exist.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:47 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
The answer for me is every blue winner in the game's history. They caused their own problems, often declining some very good offers.

From them, we learn the lesson that greed can very quickly destroy your life.

please go read the thread for Aurora's game from 25/10/09 and tell me if that would be considered 'greedy'! :roll: :smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:08 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Most self inflicted trainwreck?
Forum Games Moderator

I wouldn't call it greed in all cases; some, yes, but not all. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]