Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?
16-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
15-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
13-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
12-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7-box 12%  12%  [ 1 ]
6-box 87%  87%  [ 7 ]
4-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3-box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
NEVER 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Warnings: 0
What the title says.

For me, if the board was precarious, the earliest I'd use it at is 7-box.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:07 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

6 box for me.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:18 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Just before or after 8 box.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Probably 6 box. If you use it at 7 box, the Banker can easily make a trap offer that will render the Offer Button useless.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Depends on the board but probably 6-box at the earliest.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Simon F wrote:
Depends on the board but probably 6-box at the earliest.

Same here. I wonder if you could actually save it to 2-box, decline the offer he's given you and THEN press the button to make him give you a better offer?

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:02 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Am I missing something?

I don't get it.

What is the point of this button? Seems an utterly pointless addition to the show to me.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:13 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

cfd wrote:
Am I missing something?

I don't get it.

What is the point of this button? Seems an utterly pointless addition to the show to me.

It gives you an advantage over the Banker, as you have more freedom to decide when to leave the game. For example, I would've used it yesturday at 4 box to get a Power 5 level Banker Spanking that wouldn't have been possible in a nornal game.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:14 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

After seeing the Offer Button in action, I'd definitely use it at 4 box or 3 box unless the Banker made a generous offer guarantee if I used it in Round 5. It's presence in the game seems to drive up the offers, but once you use it the Banker usually offers just below the Fair Deal like he normally does.

Dizdazdoz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 pm    Author: Dizdazdoz    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

I dont understand why some have used it 1 box into a round, would only ever use it with 1 box left to choose as the banker knows 1 more box and the offer could rise significantly.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:05 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Either 6-box, 4-box or 3-box for me. It all depends on the circumstances.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:29 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: When is the earliest you would use the Offer Button?

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Either 6-box, 4-box or 3-box for me. It all depends on which point the offer would be the highest.

Corrected. :roll:

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]