Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:04 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Warnings: 0
kall4i59 wrote:
Who were the other 2? Sirwilson

The other one was the man who started it all, Wakey1512, or just plain Wakey.

If you think I'm insane, you should've seen those three in action. I'm a kitten compared to them.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:49 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?
Forum Games Moderator

Ah, yes - my good old friend and co-conspirator. Oh, for 2006, when we were the kings of the universe... :smt051

:smt047

(Universally-loathed kings of the universe, but still, you know, I'll omit that part if you don't mind) :suspect:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:56 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?
Forum Games Moderator

But no, I mean, in all honesty, I came here many moons ago and clung to Jonathan's coat-tails, effectively; I was a disciple of his philosophy, elevating myself to a level I wasn't really set out to occupy. I did introduce my own, slightly watered-down version of Wakeyism, not long after his initial departure, but I can't remember exactly how it went and it wasn't received well anyway.

To be in the company of Jonathan was rather exhilarating, but frightening and alarming when it came to Basic and SrWilson. Mark is very right - in terms of sheer insanity, he had nothing on these fellows. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

It's true. Part of my issue with them was never fully understanding what they were so angry about. And then the term Wakeyism was coined, and I still didn't get it. I think someone explained it all to me later on, and our user-created Glossary thread now features entries on Wakeyists and Wakeyism as a result.

You know you've made it on this forum when you get enshrined in the Glossary thread, or in Dan's Forgotten Users thread. I think I appear on the latter twice.

Nearly a decade spent on this forum, and I'm still not banned. That defies all forms of logic.

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:17 pm    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

my vote would be Miss Stiletto Mel from 2013 offered 35k declined it and went home with 50p

thundercat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:29 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

2006 khanny

thundercat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:32 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
kall4i59 wrote:
Who were the other 2? Sirwilson

The other one was the man who started it all, Wakey1512, or just plain Wakey.

If you think I'm insane, you should've seen those three in action. I'm a kitten compared to them.

Wakey1512 had an excuse being 14/15 at the time

Basicasic was in mid 30s and Sr Wilson mid 20s?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Elvis - He declined over 90% of the mean at 5-box.

Scott - Risked the mean of £25,250 on a £500 / £50,000 finish. Even though he won the £50,000, it was still an incredibly reckless decision!

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:03 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?
Forum Games Moderator

Khanny - oh, Jon, now you're taking me back, and it's glorious! :lol: :-D (I dread to think what I might've written in the Today's Show thread after that game...'KHANNY YOUR MY HEWO LONG LIVE KING KANNY!!!' or something similar...)

Anyhow, Elvis...well, I've just looked at his thread (I was in the forum wilderness at the time). I bet he felt so lonely he could cry...I mean, even I'd have to check myself into the Heartbreak Hotel after that. I guess it was just one of them days, though. :-)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:08 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Fin's 8 box No Deal unquestionably trumps Khanny's, as he no dealt £44,000 on a 4 blues/£10k/£20k/£100k/£250k board, which was a greater % of the average than Khanny's offer and it was a 2 box game!

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:14 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Fin's 8 box No Deal unquestionably trumps Khanny's, as he no dealt £44,000 on a 4 blues/£10k/£20k/£100k/£250k board, which was a greater % of the average than Khanny's offer and it was a 2 box game!

Di's 44k offer was another one.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:34 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Davao wrote:

Di's 44k offer was another one.

Yes, but at least she had the sense to Deal £8,000 on a 10p/£20,000 finish after things went wrong in the final round!

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Madie £28,000 but he got a bailout too.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:26 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

How about Simone who crashed to a £1? I would of took the 25k in an instant.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:38 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Davao wrote:
How about Simone who crashed to a £1? I would of took the 25k in an instant.

Davao after Jem's game (who had the EXACT same 5 box configuration and offer as Simone) wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
£20,000+ at 2-box.

NO DEAL to Box 23.

This. I'm fairly sure the Banker would've made a rewarding courage offer starting with a 2 there given the path up to it.

If I had the offer button (which I would've won as I guess the opening offer accurately), I would've used it at 3 box and dealt £60,000+.

Same here.

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P

Again, Simone's 5 box No Deal was undoubtedly trumped by an earlier player, as John from February 2006 no dealt just £500 less on a 2 blues/£1k/£50k/£75k 5 box.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:59 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

How about Kirsty?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:28 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

Davao wrote:
How about Kirsty?

You mean £75k Kirsty? I wouldn't call it reckless as she had £75,000 & £250,000 left. Plus her offer of £125,000 was crap.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:34 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

BankerSpanker wrote:
Davao wrote:
How about Kirsty?

You mean £75k Kirsty? I wouldn't call it reckless as she had £75,000 & £250,000 left. Plus her offer of £125,000 was crap.

No not that one.

Doughnut Kirsty.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:34 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

thundercat wrote:
Basicasic was in mid 30s

What?? No! Surely not? Christ, I'd assumed he was around my age or perhaps a late teen. That puts a depressing dimension on his entire posting career.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:42 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Most Reckless Gamble ever on Deal?

wakey right after Khanny's game wrote:
Good. I'm glad Khanny got good money out of the game. Well done! It is certainly someone like him who will win £250,000.

Well done!

Not quite the balls out ecstasy that Dan expected! I'm surprised.

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]