Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:50 am Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:50 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:49 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

Warnings: 0
Has anyone walked off from DOND? If none have has anyone even got even close to walk of from DOND? I mean like because of other contestants and reasons like that.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:32 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

The only people I know of who have left of their own accord have all left due to illness or (in the case of Buk who played earlier this year) family reasons.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:32 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

Ollie from October 2012 admitted during his game that he'd been thinking of leaving the show the previous week when he was on the wings. I can't remember the exact reasons he gave for it, although he did mention being on a downer after a player he was close to, won a blue.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:07 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

Aside from CJ, Yvonne and Ryan who were evicted from the show, and those who left and didn't return because of their health

We have had a couple of examples of players leaving for personal reasons, but have later returned:

Last year, Lewis suddenly left when his game was imminent because he went on a musical tour with his band. He returned about a month later and did another week of shows on the wings before he played

In 2009, Roli did 2 shows before he had to leave due to his wife being hospitalized and decided to stay with her until she recovered, after which he returned

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:41 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

Yvonne and Ryan when was they evicted from the show? How and why evicted from the show? Also when did this happen

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

Yvonne left in July 2009 after 3 shows. No official reason was given but she'd also been a contestant on Golden Balls (another Endemol show) quite recently at the time, which may have been frowned upon.

Ryan left in July 2013 after 8 shows. Again no official reason was given, but he mentioned on Twitter something about "not being emotional enough", suggesting a fallout with other contestants (one of which he seemed to have a bit of a spat with on Twitter at the time his wing appearances were broadcast).

I recall also reading a story that sometime during the early days of the show, a would-be contestant was sent home the day they arrived due to bad behaviour, and never made it to screen.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:00 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

Was she called Marie? We all know why CJ left. Anyone else?

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:01 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

Brick wrote:
Yvonne left in July 2009 after 3 shows. No official reason was given but she'd also been a contestant on Golden Balls (another Endemol show) quite recently at the time, which may have been frowned upon.

Ryan left in July 2013 after 8 shows. Again no official reason was given, but he mentioned on Twitter something about "not being emotional enough", suggesting a fallout with other contestants (one of which he seemed to have a bit of a spat with on Twitter at the time his wing appearances were broadcast).

I recall also reading a story that sometime during the early days of the show, a would-be contestant was sent home the day they arrived due to bad behaviour, and never made it to screen.

If Ryan didn't leave then it's a possible FACT that Paddy would have never became the first £250,000 male winner !

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:17 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Has anyone walked off from DOND?

That is possible, but then Paddy would have replaced someone else on the wings at around that time anyway, and as he had a long run on the wings, it's still possible he could have played on that day (more so than if he'd only done about 20 shows or something).

Kall4i59 - the would-be player's name wasn't mentioned on the post (it was either on this forum or C4's, a long time ago now!). It's a possibility though.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]