Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: DOND'S Most sensible player?

Warnings: 0
For me Trevor back in 2005 because his advice was honest and very sensible. He was good in other people games and in his too. Who is it for you?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:19 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: DOND'S Most sensible player?

I personally think Ollie from October 2012 gave the most sensible advice. He warned players about mediocre rounds (i.e. NOT the 1in 165 disaster chance specifically) and tailored his advice to the player's circumstances almost perfectly.

The only thing I didn't like about his advice is that it encouraged Ben to No Deal his second offer, which was a screamingly obvious Deal for his circumstances.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:29 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: DOND'S Most sensible player?

I can think of two:

1. Dan Judge. One of the best stats people the game has ever seen. I had the pleasure of interviewing him for an article I was writing back in my journalism school days. I think he may have supplied some contestants with good advice as well.

2. Some dude named Brian from a few years back. I remember him as being very well-read, plus he had a rather large beard. He was also a great advice-giver while he was on the wings.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: DOND'S Most sensible player?

Hawker5ive wrote:
I can think of two:

1. Dan Judge. One of the best stats people the game has ever seen. I had the pleasure of interviewing him for an article I was writing back in my journalism school days. I think he may have supplied some contestants with good advice as well.

2. Some dude named Brian from a few years back. I remember him as being very well-read, plus he had a rather large beard. He was also a great advice-giver while he was on the wings.

Actually, I change my mind. Dan is actually #1 in my books, Brian from October 2010 as #2, and Ollie is #3.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:55 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: DOND'S Most sensible player?

I seem to remember an old African man who stood in E11 and played during the Dan Judge/Alphonso/Melissa era in early 2009 (what was his name? Ade or something?) and he gave a lot of great advice and pearls of wisdom to the players when he was on the wings :)

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:33 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: DOND'S Most sensible player?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I seem to remember an old African man who stood in E11 and played during the Dan Judge/Alphonso/Melissa era in early 2009 (what was his name? Ade or something?) and he gave a lot of great advice and pearls of wisdom to the players when he was on the wings :)

He had 75k in his game didn't he

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: DOND'S Most sensible player?

kall4i59 wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

He had 75k in his game didn't he

I didn't like the fact that he advocated never gambling on a blue/red finish, especially as the Banker was at his stingiest on such finishes while he was on the wings.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: DOND'S Most sensible player?

Joseph from 2006 is another one, though some could question him suggesting a deal to Richard when he had the 10p/£10/£500/£10k/£75k final-5 (which Richard did deal and had the £75k on the table! :shock:)

But he was still a brilliant advice-giver on the wings, especially before his sudden disappearance at the end of double deal weak!

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]