Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:55 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:05 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Warnings: 0
Updated to include Arthur.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Thankfully only two players so far this year have had poor enough judgement to be worthy of being member of this club, and one of them (Roy from May) escaped the club by completely lucking out and scoring a technical Banker Spanking.

However, in honor of the 1st anniversary of £2,500 Adam's game, I shall add him to the club. 8)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:05 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Did Serena really just deal for £8,200 with FOUR of the power 5 backed by £10k???!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That has to be the WORST deal I've ever seen! :smt011 :smt009

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:10 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

No She dealt when she had 4 of the Banker's Power 5 which were 1p,10p,50p and £5 with 3k,10k,35k,100k,250k and some other blues

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Serena JUST escapes the club as she had quite a precarious board. If she had the Offer Button in play I probably would've inducted her, and I definitely would've done so if she had another one of her Power 5 in play.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:05 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

Copernicus from 31st April 2006 dealt £2,750 on a precarious board with the £250,000 still in play, only to find the amount in his box. Certainly a very statistically questionable deal, and should be on the list.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:35 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Ricky and Keri become the first couple to join the club.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

This thread needs shutting down. So negative.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

It's only game. Why you heff to be mad?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:08 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Glen who dealt at £9k at 8-box with the £15k, £35k, £75k, £100k higher at 8-box in Early 2006 was one I forgot to mention. I think Glen and Beryl are neck to neck for the worst deal of the 'white box insert' (pre-show 101) era

thundercat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:09 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Archstered wrote:
This thread needs shutting down. So negative.

Unfortunately that is the nature of a forum. Discussion, analysis and critical reception are all part of what makes a forum function. It would be ever so dull without it!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:04 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

One that was never brought up in here - Lee from October 2008, who dealt at just £4,000 at 5-box with 3-blues/£15k/£75k. People forget about this one though, because it turned out to be the right decision, and surprisingly, an OPW! Proves just how CHEAP the banker was during the second half of 2008. :smt009

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:33 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Yesterday's deal can be added.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:42 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

Mark wrote:
Yesterday's deal can be added.

Let me think about that..............NO!!!

Yes, that was an offer most on the forum would decline, but it's understandable that he felt the need to take £26,000 with a new baby at home. Besides, it's still completely incomparable with the worst Deal on a £10k minimum board (£24k Michael).

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club

How about one from the early days, which is forgotten about due to the show being in it's absolutely heyday at the time (and a certain moment with Noel at the end of the first round! :lol:) - 'Not so dim' Linda from April 2006 who dealt at £24,000 when her board had £1/£10,000/£20,000/£50,000/£250,000. The offer was only 36% of the average, a 40% chance of not taking out the £1 and a 60% chance of being guaranteed at least £10,000 at the final 2

She nearly got away with it as she took out the £10k, £20k and £250k in the last round leaving her with a £1/£50k finish, but the banker won in the end as Linda had £50k :? :?

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Horrible Deals Club
Forum Games Moderator

I can sort of understand dealing there, in fairness; with the offer pitched where it was, she'd have been placing £24,000 on the board with only the £50k and £250k above it, and seeing the potential risks - take out the quarter-mill and the next time you'll see £24,000 is at either the final offer if you're lucky, or by opening £50k at the end. It was more a clever offer than a statistically-acceptable one, or if we're being completely honest, it was statistically unacceptable but sufficiently cunning to get the Banker's job done. He's essentially fooled the player here into wearing the emotional pair of glasses, rather than the logical ones.

The rewards for only missing the £250,000 in that round...the knowledge that you're going with at least ten thousand if you can eliminate the quid...statistically, it's a stone-wall No Deal, there and then, in that moment. So yeah, I think, in spite of the life-changing amount involved, this one goes right up there. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]