Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:53 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 3:53 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:35 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: The Banker's Gamble

Warnings: 0
One thing that appeared on the show was the banker's gamble? What did you think of it? Did you think it was a good idea at all? One the one hand it provided a lot of tension on the show and made it for some exciting finishes, but on the other hand, sometimes, I don't see why he offered it. Take Alice's game for example, she dealt at 17,500 in her main game and the Banker offered the BG. I'm not saying Alice didn't deserve it, she completely did, when she took the gamble, I was hoping she would win the jackpot. I'm wondering why the Banker would have offered a BG, when she didn't deal for that much in order to get one. I presume it was because of the 1p, but thinking about it, would he have done it to anyone else?

What are your thoughts on the bankers gamble?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:23 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The Banker's Gamble

Alice's Banker's Gamble was a blatently obvious attempt by the producers to manufacture a jackpot win. She even clearly admitted that the Swap was a much harder decision than whether or not she was going to accept the gamble!

I personally like the Banker's Gamble when it is used properly (i.e. £50k Mel, £10k Shawn, £75k Justin, £5 Angel and £50k Graham). It incorporates an agonizing big money decision into some games without the Banker having to make poor offers to get the player to that point in live play.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:31 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The Banker's Gamble

I think any negative opinions i had about the Banker's Gamble was spurred on by the highly opinionated "NO GIMMICKS" crowd who always used to post on the ilovedond.co.uk site more than anything, I agreed with some of the things they said, but they were so aggressive and triggered by any sort of twist or change in format. Banker's gamble, themed weeks, extra offers or even possible future offers were sacrilege - They even described those gimmicks as "cardinal sins", and any banker's gamble (not just truly forcing ones like Alice, Cheryl, £1,313 Hannah (who didn't take it :smt011 ) but even reasonable ones like Justin) was ruled as trying to force a big win :roll:

Well some Banker's Gambles felt right for the board such as £75k Justin, but then their were others that just seemed like they were desperate for a huge win like Alice and £75k Cheryl. The same could be said about Bel from January 2010 who took the same gamble as Cheryl, but won 1p :(. A part of me is reluctant to criticise Hannah since i fancied the hell out of her ;-)

The first ever banker's gamble, which was Phyllis back in October 2007 and it was a reasonable gamble as she was offered to hand back £10,000 on a 1p/£50k finish. The second trial of the BG was Semi's ludicrously easy BG where he undealt £14,000 on a £10k/£20k, which worked out right, i guess they had to have an easy Banker's Gamble to make sure someone was willing to take it

[ 3 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]