Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:28 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Best Games of all time

Warnings: 0
Put the best games of all time In here just not the 250k winners any one you think
Replies here Please i will start off With Bunny's Game A funny Guy Wonderful game best game ever

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:50 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time
Forum Games Moderator

Constance ;D

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

kall4i59 wrote:
Put the best games of all time In here just not the 250k winners any one you think
Replies here Please i will start off With Bunny's Game A funny Guy Wonderful game best game ever

Bunny said that when he was playing his game that he played the handheld version (I think) of the game and the two amounts left were the same ones he played on there... if only he had the believe, he could have done it.

For me, Rich / Grupal / Connie / Mandy (who played last month) to name but a few...

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:11 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

Up for some stories ? I'm a bit bored, so have devoted a fair bit of time in detaling why I find the below list of games so memorable.

In chronological order (although most are from the early days, and very few from the last few years):

*Jennifer (18/11/2005) - Not just the fact that it's the second highest win of all time and set the 'highest deal' record just under three weeks into the show... and still holds that record nearly 7 years later. Both of those are incredible feats, but what makes it even more special is that she genuinely meant to accept the 5th offer of £52,000... seriously, DOND history could have forever been different if there had been a blue climax at the end after someone's error on the spur of the moment had spun the wrongest way. Her target ? £50,000. Which just made it all the more remarkable.

*Andy Kelly (30/11/2005) - ''IT'S RANDOM''

*Geordie (01/02/2006) - Goodness me, if the tension in the studio on that day couldn't be cut with a scalpal. But I admired Geordie's attitude to the game... has anyone ever been that no-nonsense and blunt about the random nature of the show since ? I also loved his system :)

*Brenda (09/02/2006) - That board. And occuring to someone who, faced with an average game, would have been more than happy with £10,000 just made it even more magical.

*Gary (20/04/2006) - Ingenious ploy to reveal his target as £30,000 when he only ever needed £15,000 (he wanted to beat the banker twice !), then have a torrid start where it looked like it would be a trainwreck... then to get 7 blues in a row and an all red 5-box was incredible stuff, which netted him £30,000 (or one penny short !)

*Hannah (27/09/2006) - As one of the best-looking contestants to ever play on the show, I would have put her game here no matter what the outcome (forgive the shallowness), but as it happened we had a game which easily puts it on anyone's favourites list... a great example of a turnaround game where it genuinely looked like it would be peanuts and tears from early on, then a sobbing revelation that she needed £2,000 to clear her student overdraft, then to gamble that amount on a £10,000 - nothing finish (which she worked HARD for) and SCORE an OPW out of nowhere which netted sweet Hannah the £10,000. :D

*Sheran (16/03/2007) - For one of the most against the odds game we have ever seen...just extraordinary. It's incredible enough to have a split of 1 blue aginst 9 reds, but to have that blue in your box ? Therefore having 9 reds and no blues on the wings ? Wildly improbable.

*Clive (04/01/2008) - Still to this day, the funniest contestant we have ever had. His full show is on Youtube, check it out if you actually haven't yet seen it !

*Richard (22/05/2008) - Nope, no joke, I really think that a game as memorable as this certainly sticks in the head (it also helped that the particular era in my life that the show was broadcast was a memorable one). I had stopped watching DOND by this point, and my mum actually called me down because even she couldn't believe what was unfolding. I think there is entertainment value in a MASSIVE proveout disaster like that one and for that reason, amongst the 'nostalgia' based one I gave in brackets, makes it one of my favourites.

*Amy (11/06/2009) - The strongest 5-box of all time and the highest ever 5th offer dealt. And how wonderful Amy got to that point is incredible, and what really propels this game to the 'favourites', is that the final blue, and the 1p to boot, came from an indecisive decison at the 17th box to go with the box and contestant she had been weary of. And that 'in the heat of the moment' decision got her to a dream board with £15,000 as the worst case scenario. And her proveout was WONDERFUL ! :-D

*Tegen (22/09/2011) - I don't really need to say why ? Well, before the outcome, it was already incredible for us stats people to see the top 9 in play at 12-box (which, as Simon F pointed out, is a 1 in 2261 chance), but that's without mentioning the gorgeous and absolutely heartwarming personality of young Tegen herself and even more so when she pointed out her torrid battle with cancer. Quite possibly the best game ever was cemented with the revealing of the £250,000.

Last, but by no means least...

*James (10/01/2012) - Nervous, shaky and emotional, James began his journey with two fairly above average first two rounds. 6 blues and 8 reds at 14 box, seen it many times, could go either way, it's early days yet...
A 1 in 18 all blue round certainly swings the game heavily into James' favour, and faced with an offer of £20,000, is tormented by The Banker who keeps reminding him of his children and not to blow £20,000...
...The Banker's cockiness turns into utmost anguish as James removes the three remaning blues (odds: 1 in 165) to wild applause from the audience and triumphant whistling from the crew and turns to face an all red 8-box (odds: 1 in 1938), the first in the show's history.
His unparalleled good fortune eventually nets him £65,000 and a neat banker spanking with only £10,000 in the box. Up there with the best of them.

Last edited by psychokiller on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:30 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

What about nick?//// :D

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

kall4i59 wrote:
What about nick?//// :D

Uh wassat.. ? Um, Nick, who ?

Bain, founder of the 1p club ?

M, played in July of 2006 and apparently scared Noel a little bit ?

D, August 2006, winner of £45,000, founder member of the all red squashdown club ?

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

1p Nick ! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

Off the top of my head (excluding the 5 QM wins), I have to put the 2 power 5 wins I saw live (Dale and £75k Jusitin) up there in my top 5, which goes against the non-gambling opinion I tend to have on here but to see those 2 gambles pay off (especially Dale's) were just brilliant to see live.

Our esteemed moderator's game is up there too (just for the hilarity of it).

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:00 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time
Global Moderator

Some of my personal favorite games...

Marshall: one of the best games of 2010, and one barely anyone remembers. Marshall made it clear early on that he was after the £250,000. He reached 5-box with it in play, along with £75,000, then a big drop to £5,000, £3,000 and 10p. The Banker offered £36,500, which Marshall sensibly dealt, and he was rewarded with the 10% perfect proveout, with the three highest sums going. :D

Dale: At the time, my favourite game ever, and still somewhere in the top five or so. Whether you agree with his gambles or not, you can't argue it's what the show needed at the time.

Paul (April 2011): March 2011 was a tough month for the show (though not as bad as March this year), and a big win was well overdue. Sophie gave us one later in the same week (another forgotten game there), but Paul's was superb to watch. After a sting in the tail in three consecutive rounds, the Banker got confident that he had the game. But I bet he stopped laughing when Noel revealed £20,000 in Paul's box, for the first OPW from the box since Dale's game! :D

Kerry-Anne: Again, whether you agree with her gambles, or not, you can't argue that it made for tense viewing. One of the first shows I commentated on, and my hand was shaking as Noel prepared to open the box!

Kevin (LIVE shows): Another of my early commentaries. Again, some may question his final gamble, but you must admit, it made great telly to take such a big gamble with so little time left!

James (all red 8-box): Reasons stated above by psychokiller.

Other games worthy of this list (though not nessecarily my favourites): Igor (2p), Big Ron (April 2008), Ramesh (April 2010), Rich (February 2012), Tony (April 2012).

Will add any more if I can think of any.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:03 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

Suzanne because she had the two highest amounts left

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:20 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time
Global Moderator

Some more I've managed to think of:

Mike (November 2009)
Andrew (December 2009)
Corinne (December 2009)
Neil (December 2009)
Caine (March 2010)
Jean (May 2010) (the first Power 5 win I saw when I started watching the show full time)
Alex (October 2010)
Christopher (October 2010)
Tomas (February 2011) (for pure entertainment reasons)
Dylan (February 2011)
Archie (March 2011) (same as Tomas)
Sam (June 2011)
Anthony (June 2011)
Kerrie (September 2011)
Caroline (November 2011)

There's quite a lot to go onto the list (not all of them are favorites of mine, but still worthy of the list).

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:22 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

kall4i59 wrote:
Suzanne because she had the two highest amounts left

In live play. ;)... I presume you haven't favourited the proveout dream endings.

Otherwise, you could include Donna Ramptons' glamour girl meltdown as a favourite game and, well, we don't want to be having that.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:26 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

the woman who had 75k left and 250k left and got offer 125k and no dealt and having 75k in her box

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time
Global Moderator

kall4i59 wrote:
the woman who had 75k left and 250k left and got offer 125k and no dealt and having 75k in her box

That would be Kirsty from April 2006 (repeated in November that year in lieu of another game).

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:32 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

Marys game :) 35k 50k 75k left at 5 box best old woman game ever :-D

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

kall4i59 wrote:

I forgot to mention her game. What a feat that was one was !

I found it more amazing that she had the 'perfect' 3-box board, and the odds of having that in any game is 1 in 1540, which means that we should statistically see it nearly every 5 years, but Kirsty achieved it before we'd even seen 150 shows !

We've also never seen it since, but Laurence in June 2010 did the opposite, the 3-box nightmare of the 1p, 10p, 50p.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:20 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

Surprised no one's mentioned Walter, he was a legend and i couldn't stop laughing while watching his show despite all the bad luck in his game

Also, Keran (November 2008) who had that awful 9-blues/£5k/£75k 11-box, but then turned the whole thing around by taking out all 9 blues and going on to win £75k! :D

Oh, and what about a certain person who played on March 23, 2009? ;-)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:24 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

Mary - She was going to deal but said "No Deal" by mistake. Noel asked the question again and she still said No Deal and went on to win £75k! :D

Derrick - This game made me laugh all the way through. He also took out the three LOWEST blues after 8-box (1 in 56 odds!) and got a generous offer of £12k after that which he sensibly dealt and spanked the Banker!

Mark (Panto Special) - Dealt at £35k and also had £35k in his box resulting in an EPIC draw!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Stevo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

I do love Hannah's game from Sept '06 - it wasn't clever when she revealed that 2k was what she needed but VERY brave to turn it down when the inevitable offer came to go on for the chance to win 10k. Loved it...

Funniest player for me is still Lance from back in the early days.

Wonderful turnaround at the end of Kerry's game in July '09 when she could have taken home a big fat 0.

...but and you'll probably be surprised at this...

My favourite game of them all is still Louise's from December 2007. She had a decidedly average game, highest offer of £4,200, dressed in a ridiculously large Victorian dress, got a Scrooge from the Scrooge or Santa wall, banker looked in her box and one of the players told her the banker wasn't a liar urging her to deal. She went through the mill. But right at the end when she was literally overcome with emotion and on the verge of tears, she stuck with her Box 12 to win a wonderful 5k. It's not the value of the win, it's the pure emotion that some players display. Gets me every time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:23 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best Games of all time

Stevo wrote:
I do love Hannah's game from Sept '06 - it wasn't clever when she revealed that 2k was what she needed but VERY brave to turn it down when the inevitable offer came to go on for the chance to win 10k. Loved it...

Who's that ?

I don't remember her at all.

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]