Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:41 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:41 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:33 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Rant thread
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
OK guys, if there's something about the show that's really been bothering you (it can either be the show itself, or the reception a show gets), then just come here and have a good old rant about it.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

You read my mind. :laughing

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:38 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

Andrew really annoyed me, he was very overconfident, didn't really take the show seriously and made silly decisions like dealing at £15k because he thought £35k was in the box.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:39 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Rant thread
Global Moderator

OK, I'll start by talking about today's show. Obviously, a sensible deal player-wise, but then it all goes wrong and, predictably, people start attacking him. If it had worked out, we'd all be saying well done to him.

I felt really sorry for Andrew after today's show, as he did nothing wrong. Then I came on here, and I felt worse. In fact, I really wanted to attack something, and I didn't cheer up until the chaps on Pointless won the jackpot on their first answer :D (which you're not supposed to do!).

If I'd been playing Andrew's game, and my game worked out like that, I'd of gone mad at A: the Banker's behaviour, and B: the response it inevitably would get on here. Obviously, I wouldn't have reacted as bad as Rob did to his game, but if I came on here and saw people saying I'm a coward, then I would let loose on them, most definitely.

If you're gonna be negative, then choose your words carefully, so as not to offend anyone with what you say. That's all I can add.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:10 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

It's not the first time I've wanted to grab the phone off Noel and shout extremities at it to the banker. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

hogwild94 wrote:
OK, I'll start by talking about today's show. Obviously, a sensible deal player-wise, but then it all goes wrong and, predictably, people start attacking him. If it had worked out, we'd all be saying well done to him.

Not only would everyone be saying well done, but there's a few people who are criticising Andrew today who, if the deal had worked out for him, would be saying they'd have done the same thing as him if they were playing.

This is what I hate above all else: selective wakeyism / caution. People who try and make out they'd have got the peak amount in the game day after day, whether that means they'd have disregarded all offers (however generous or otherwise) and blazed to the end to get that big red on the table, or dealt that more modest sum early in the game which was swiftly followed by all the higher amounts diappearing. It's not impressive, it just stinks of a glory-hunting sore loser.

Players shouldn't be wholly exempt from criticism, but some posters, before they start blabbering about what they'd have done if they were playing, need to stop and think that there's a big difference between watching the game on TV and sitting in the chair with all eyes on you.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:24 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

The constant ringbacks from the Banker are what I hated in previous series. Why is he doing it AGAIN in series 7?!
"I'm ready for the question."
"£x, Deal or No Deal?"
*RING*

ARRRRRRRRRGHH!! :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Rant thread
International Forums Moderator

Where do I begin?

The show seems to be set up to throw the contestants down at the moment. The player indicates to No Deal. There's a twist. The player Deals. The player gets guilt-tripped.

Hypothetical swaps on big-money finishes. They just allow Noel to have a 100% chance of spinning a "you should have won the big money" yarn, instead of 50%, and I am convinced that's why they're there in the first place.

Twists at 5-box. They make fourth-offer deals as unacceptable as third-offer deals.

How the most unpleasant characters on the show never seem to be big risk-takers, whereas the players it's impossible not to root for (e.g. Dale, Paralympian Emma) invariably are.

Psychic forum members. See also: what Brick said.

Want me to go on?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:59 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

I think I need to become more tolerant. :)

It's a great idea though, I'm a member of another forum about Formula 1 and that has a Rantbox thread, it's about 63 pages long!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

I didn't find Andrew annoying because of his deal, I just found him quite irritating but he seems like a nice enough guy and was good on the wings.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

My main rant is shows where they insisit of having a hypo-swap at the end where the player deals before 2-box but then don't bother asking the player if they would have dealt the last offer which makes the hypo-swap irrelevant.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:15 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

Yes, a lot of us hate hypothetical swaps I think and have ranted about that before, goes totally against the principle that it's the box on the table you're actually selling. Not to mention the negative ways they can spin the outcome from it.

My biggest gripe lately is actually their decision to return two weeks early from the summer break - even as a big fan of the show, I feel it needs a sufficient resting period each year, and the summer ideally provides this with often good weather reducing ratings anyway. Whatever their reasons are, I don't think it's the greatest of moves - but I guess I might be proven wrong! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

Nothing to do with the show itself but I REALLY HATE the annoying Jackpot Joy ads. I'm so sick of Barbara Windsor! :x

Another thing I really can't stand is Noel making a huge fuss over the 1p kiss.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:04 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Rant thread
Global Moderator

Well, another day, another male misses out on the 250k, and predictably, the forum goes into outcry.

But, come on guys, he won 53k! It's not like he dealt the Governer! Turning down 12k was a brave enough decision itself (I'd have gone at 12k).

Why can we not just respect Chris's decision and then move on to tomorrow's game? That would be much better.

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:25 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

I'll just copy and paste my own feelings from the commentary thread:

"The bit Chris said at the end was a bit of a hammer blow, "If my parents hadn't been there, I probably would have gone for it". As though friends and family in the audience influencing games wasn't already a pet hate of mine, that feeling has just intensified greatly.

This feels to me like the closest we've ever come to a male quarter millionaire, so a bit gutted he never went for it."

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

OK, now there is another thing that annoys me on this show. People giving feelings about their boxes.
Wayne is probably a good example of the WORST TIME to say that he had bad feelings about his box. Debbie could've still had £100k & £50. But no she opened the other box and out comes the £100k. He really KILLED her game! :evil:

I really don't understand why they ask for feelings about the boxes.

hevelius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

: :smt009 totally agree about Waynes 'bad feeling' about his box...what the fudge!!?!!....and despite being a likeable,sensible sort of contestant she listened to him...aagh!!....

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

I just can't believe they canned the HoF shows so bring forward a series of men underselling power 5 boxes and women winning £50. :(

Also I watch a lot of games on 4OD close to a month behind and could have caught up fully had they kept the HoF shows on for another 2 weeks. :(

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:40 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

can someone tell me why they started the season so early?l was so suprised when Mondays show started,l had no idea why??
ok,so far this weeks games have been really good,wonder how long it will last though. :ponder: :ponder:

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:06 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Rant thread

Is it just me, or does Keith keep giving out really crap advice?

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]