Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 3:16 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 3:16 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:15 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Contrasting Contestants with the same name
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
JamesJMH91 wrote:
I love how the new Antonia doesn't look anything like her namesake who played a few months back :)

James1978 wrote:
I can raise you the two Lances - a posh toff and a scruffy schoolboy. :laughing

This recent discussion from 'How long has each player been on?' thread has got me thinking about contrasts. Another example of this would be Leila from earlier this year being almost opposite to Leila who was pressurised by her mum from five years ago.

If I ever got on the show, it'd be quite a contrast from the three other Jacks who have been on the show, all of whom have been old(er) men! (Incidentally, all three Jacks have replaced a young(ish) woman, been replaced with a man, and played on a Thursday! :shock: )

Can anyone think of any other instances like these?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

The juiciest one i can think of is Lucy from March 21 this year who was totally different to all the other Lucy's that have been the show. The said Lucy was an old-ish Jamaican lady (73 according to her profile on the official site), Whereas the other players on the show named Lucy were all young(ish) white women. Although 50-shows Lucy looked more middle-aged to me...

Actually, seeing that my namesake on here mentioned the 2 Lances, it wasn't just the way they looked that made a stark contrast between them. Their games couldn't be more different either, One of them had a fabulous game which is remembered as one of the best games ever while the other one did a very poor deal which caused the forum to go into absolute turmoil! :smt009

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:27 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

We've had two contestants called Kingsley who were both different ages and races. Both won a blue I think, sadly.

Similarly, nobody's going to confuse Alfie who played on New Year's Eve 2006 with the somewhat younger Alfie who played in February 2009!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:34 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

JamesJMH91 wrote:
The juiciest one i can think of is Lucy from March 21 this year who was totally different to all the other Lucy's that have been the show. The said Lucy was an old-ish Jamaican lady (73 according to her profile on the official site), Whereas the other players on the show named Lucy were all young(ish) white women. Although 50-shows Lucy looked more middle-aged to me...

She was in her early - mid twenties !!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:19 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

Here's a new one. Today's newbie Lara and her namesake from June 2010

They can't be any more different, both different age groups and ethnicities and standing on opposite wings! :)

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

Not so much contrasting in looks but Beryl from a few years back who IIRC played to the end and got a blue had a completely different attitude to the game to Series 1's Beryl, known as one of the show's most cautious dealers ever!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:51 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

Oh You mean Beryl from April 2010 who no-dealt £27,500 on a £10/£250/£250k, took the £250k but still took the crash really well?

I bet if we get another Corinne on the show, she'll probably be an attractive young/middle-aged woman who is MUCH more cautious than her namesake from December 09! ;)

holly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:19 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

In terms of winnnings, today's Mark and deaf Mark who won £30,000!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

You can add new Julia to the list, the only other one was from 2006 and she was in her 20s! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:27 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name
Global Moderator

Two more: current Veronica, and her namesake from the LIVE shows; and Alice who joined yesterday, and the 2nd QM winner.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

Today's newbie T(h)eresa and her 3 namesakes from Seasons 1 and 2 who were all old(er) women. Unless 'Therese' from October 2010 counts, as she was a young-ish woman

In terms of how their games went, definately the two Lamins. New Lamin had a run of 10 blues and got to an all-red 5-box while the other Lamin from May 2009 was down to just blues by 6-box! Could there be a bigger contrast?! :shock:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

Newbie Kate and the previous Kate from October 2009, i don't think they could be any more different! In fact, new Kate is a much different age group and a different ethnicity to all of her previous namesakes (much like Lucy from March this year), so she's about as different to her previous namesakes as you can get! :shock:

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:41 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Contrasting Contestants with the same name

Today's Newbie has 2 N's Connor and Conor from 2007 had 1 n.

[ 13 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]