Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 am Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 17 posts ] 

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:16 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Worst. Offer. Ever.
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
OK guys, I've decided to wait until just before the start of Series 7 to put up the third part of my series review, as it more or less looks back over Series 6, and then would be a good time IMO.

So, until then, a short series of mini-questions to keep things going on here until then.

Firstly, what is, IYO, the worst offer the Banker has ever made in a serious attempt to buy the box?

I would have to say Suzanne's 5-box offer of 30k (I mean, who'd take that with a board like hers?). Any other thoughts will be welcome.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.
International Forums Moderator

I'd say the £24k Michael got at five-box a few days earlier - or the £1k another Michael got with £100k and seven blues in 2009. Both of those got Dealt, though :o

Laura's £45k is another contender - not so much because of how low the offer was on a £250k finish with a red kicker, as the fact she'd turned down £20k on a one-box game to get to that point!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

Glenn's £44k. I mean he had an ALL RED 5-BOX with the £250k, £100k, £75k, £10k & £1k still there. That was a terrible offer. I'd have wanted at least £65k for that board. AND HE DEALT!

Em. £7k offer with £250k, £15k, £5k & £3k still there. WTF Banker?! It was also the moment they started that stupid "40% chance of taking out the £250k" crap.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:37 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.
Forum Games Moderator

2p!

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:13 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

Surely negative offers (meaning you owe the Banker money) would have to constitute as the worst offers ever? :-D

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

I don't think you can say any offers that were dealt in this sense, becuase obviously the banker judged the right amount to buy that particular player as cheaply as possible on that particular board.

I'd agree about Suzanne's 5-box offer but part of me thought that was the producer wanting to avoid a repeat of Wilf/Michael.

Charlie's 8-box offer of £25k with all the power 5 still there is one which immediately springs to mind. Also Irene's £24k with the top two and £35k there at 5-box.

There must have been lots at 11-box or 8-box in a "twist at 5-box" special game but can;t think off the top of my head at the moment as they usually just wash over me. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

Sobia's £70K from this year.

It was a Quater Mill-£15K finish, and I've seen offers of £101K on the exact same finish.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.
International Forums Moderator

It depends on how you define it, doesn't it? Does a "serious offer" count as "one where the Banker is trying for a Deal"? In which case the worst-deal-ever candidates absolutely do count as the Banker got the Deal, and conversely Suzanne's £30k doesn't count as it was completely obvious that the Banker was trying to ensure the game went another box or two on that board!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

It was in proveout but Jie's £900 on £10k/1p. What on earth was that all about???

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:00 am    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

James1978 wrote:
It was in proveout but Jie's £900 on £10k/1p. What on earth was that all about???

That reminds me, wasn't there someone recently who got offered something like...£2,000 on a blue/£15k finish. That was prettty woeful.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:10 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

DanS wrote:
James1978 wrote:

That reminds me, wasn't there someone recently who got offered something like...£2,000 on a blue/£15k finish. That was prettty woeful.

Charlotte. Also on a similar theme, Jan had only £1k offered on £10k/1p. Does 1p really make that much difference between that and any of the other worthless blues?

NiTROACTiVE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:39 pm    Author: NiTROACTiVE    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

I have to agree. That £30,000 offer was absolutely pathetic!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:04 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

I think we can add Geoff's £15k and games console... ;)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

ALL of Eugenia's offers :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:34 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

ALL of Jayne's offers!

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:03 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

5k on 1p and 75k finish. It has happened twice. Happened to Georgina in proveout because of gulit trip and Ellen's game. She won 75k.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:28 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst. Offer. Ever.

Probably ALL of Steff's offers from yesterday. I mean £5,000 on a £100,000 / £10,000 / £3,000 / 2 blues board?! :smt011

[ 17 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]