Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pammybun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:38 am    Author: Pammybun    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
The whole point of the show is that you take your chance - while it is a shame that some people win 1p that is the chance they take.

I think too many people are looking at the show as some sort of quick fix solution for their finances and are becoming greedy.

You only get to sit in the chair once - if people got another chance then the whole show would loose any credibility.

Plus there are some people who seem to live on the fact they were on DOND which is only a game show and only for fun - could you imagine what they would be like if they did it again.

Pam

on the wing - 10 Jan 2007
in the crazy chair - 22 Jan 2007

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:30 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Pammybun wrote:
Plus there are some people who seem to live on the fact they were on DOND which is only a game show and only for fun - could you imagine what they would be like if they did it again.

Good god no!

Perish the thought! :roll:

lovingit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:11 pm    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

i quite agree!! we are not all famous... just cos we've been on there (however most people in my local bingo hall do as they call call me by name and tut very loudly when i win a full house tee hee)

ooops forgot my point... oh yer, when i went there i thought, what the hell if i win 10p (more would be nice) but at least i got to go... if you want to solve your finance problems then you shouldn't do it, cos the odds of that happening are very slim!! (i've just contradicted myself as if i didn't care if i won 10p i would have gone on!) but anyway i think you probably understand my point!!

AND PAT STOP HASSLING THEM AT DOND!!!!

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:21 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

lovingit wrote:
i quite agree!! we are not all famous... just cos we've been on there (however most people in my local bingo hall do as they call call me by name and tut very loudly when i win a full house tee hee)

ooops forgot my point... oh yer, when i went there i thought, what the hell if i win 10p (more would be nice) but at least i got to go... if you want to solve your finance problems then you shouldn't do it, cos the odds of that happening are very slim!! (i've just contradicted myself as if i didn't care if i won 10p i would have gone on!) but anyway i think you probably understand my point!!

If your point is- if the game went totally arse up and I left with 10p or some other blue through no real fault of my own I wouldn't be too bothered then, yes, I understand what you're saying.

And for some of the 1p players, this was the case- but that is just tough luck at the end of the day and, as you quite rightly say, if they had/currently have financial difficulties then a gameshow about gambling isn't exactly their best option.

EDIT: I also wholeheartedly agree with your message to Pat, just in case you wondered.

Joey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:25 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject:

If I ever get to be a contestant on DOND, I will have the mentality that I'm there to have a good time.

I'll take my game in my stride and if it turns against me, then so what? I'm sure I'll have had a brilliant time.

In fact, I'd refuse to let the atmosphere get down if I have a trainwreck. I'd be laughing all the way .... regardless if it's to 1p or £250,000!

lovingit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 pm    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

yes that is what i'm saying... if you go expecting to come away with nothing.. then you won't be disapointed!! and another thing.... i disagree with the vicar leaving at 11box... at the end of the day it is a show.. and the rest of the game became pretty pointless... doing that is like backing a 2:1 horse... and i don't think DOND normally intend to have people who would do that....

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:16 pm    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject:

lovingit wrote:

hayley in what way am i hassling anyone on the dond site?

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:38 am    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject:

dishydealer wrote:
OK! For those in the know!!!
How can we put this to the vote................... If and when we have 22 1p winners a special is aired, with all the 1p players!..............I think that would be really great!Lets go for it! :smt038
When i said bring back the 1p players i only meant the first 22 players since the show first started, i did,nt mean do this all of the time it would just be a one off.

lovingit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:48 am    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

hi ya pat, i didn't mean hassling people on this site, i meant hassling people at DOND as i keep reading everywhere about you e mailing Noels staff with ideas!!! and i'm only having a giggle!! don't worry about it!! xx

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:23 pm    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject: why not

I think when they have 22 1p players they should bring them all back to do a show and slot the extra show in on a sunday.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:52 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

It might happen, it might not :?

We'll just have to see...

Simmo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 am    Author: Simmo    Post subject:

pat_east_wing wrote:
killersbee wrote:

i KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU DON,T :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Hi Pat,

Just for a laugh I think we have 6 10p's and 16 1p's at the moment so that would make a good 22 ........ and it would mean I also get another bash which would be TOP ... he he he :-)
If you're in the know you could suggest it ?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:52 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Read the spoilers section Simmo - something is happening on the Banker's birthday this year!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:29 pm    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject:

Simmo wrote:
pat_east_wing wrote:
killersbee wrote:

i KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU DON,T :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Hi Pat,

Just for a laugh I think we have 6 10p's and 16 1p's at the moment so that would make a good 22 ........ and it would mean I also get another bash which would be TOP ... he he he :-)
If you're in the know you could suggest it ?
A little late im afraid i was with one of the 1p players two weeks ago and something has already been done with the existing few.Watch this space :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ?

Pammybun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:03 pm    Author: Pammybun    Post subject:

well it kinda makes a mockery of the old "you will only sit in this chair once" :roll:

Pam

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

They're not back in the chair ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Pammybun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:30 pm    Author: Pammybun    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
They're not back in the chair ;)

well if they are getting to sit on Noels knee then I deffo want back ;)

Pam

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]