Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:43 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:43 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Most painful "red win" game ever?
Poll ended at Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:25 pm
Clare 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Dot 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Stevie (1) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Swappy Matt 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Swappy Barbara 25%  25%  [ 8 ]
Ingerlise 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Donna (3) 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Christine 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Lynn (2) 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Paul B 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Brunhilde 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 32

Little_Richs_Fiancée

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:28 pm    Author: Little_Richs_Fiancée    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I think Brunhilde's was the most painful, for me at any rate. Especially as it was box 13 that had the biggie, and 13 is her lucky number. At filming it seemed she picked the box without realising it was 13, perhaps she just picked the person behind it?? And she was like, Oh m God, what did i do? I didn't want to pick 13! As she needed the money for her daughter, it was even worse. She was really upset afterwards. She deserved so much more

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:07 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

Michael's game has to be up there with the worst, although I felt worse for his wife than him.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think Tink (deal final offer of £2,900 for an OPL with £15k in her box) could possibly be a contender... and also Sarah from Thursday, simply because her deal came at a time when the banker was in charge anyway... and it didn't contribute to the players' luck.

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:09 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Let's give this a revival :P

Any contenders from the later years?

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:39 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

I didn't see it but wasn't there in the last year or two (the Box 23 era) where someone no-dealt around £30,000 at 11-box and ended up dealing something like £2,000 and turning down Box 23 which would have got them extra?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:58 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

James1978 wrote:
I didn't see it but wasn't there in the last year or two (the Box 23 era) where someone no-dealt around £30,000 at 11-box and ended up dealing something like £2,000 and turning down Box 23 which would have got them extra?

That would be Claire from November 2015. She crashed to £2,300 (3 box button offer on 2 blues/£15k) and £15,000 went in the next box plus Box 23 had NOTHING so at least she narrowly avoided a total crash.

She didn't take it that badly from what I saw.

A more painful one from my perspective was £4,450 Matt from May 2014, as he dealt £8,900 at 5 box, missed out of 100k, then lost half his deal to Box 23, and he really felt stupid and beat himself up for taking the wrong gamble there in the end. :(

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:50 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Yes that was the one I meant now I've looked it up, I think I got mixed up with another game for the Box 23 - it probably was Jen? who sold the £250k for about £10,000 then turned down 23 and it had DOUBLE in it but no idea how she took it as never saw that game.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

SBOW12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:05 pm    Author: SBOW12    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Whatabout Esher who swapped away 75k for a 1k I remember the Banker's comments after that game "Self Belief can win you a lot of money but it can also rob you of a lot of money"

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:27 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

SBOW12 wrote:
Whatabout Esher who swapped away 75k for a 1k I remember the Banker's comments after that game "Self Belief can win you a lot of money but it can also rob you of a lot of money"

I often joke that her game was so painful that it scared Kestral away from the forum, as that was his last commentary and posts until recently. :suspect: ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:48 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Think after all this time it's pretty hard to topple Barbara from 2006. One of the few occasions where to this day I believe the contestant is still having major regrets. The 100k was *there*, about to be opened. And it was swapped for absolutely no reason at all, Mally/Mark baseless logic.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:51 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Oh yeah, she was forever nicknamed “Swappy Barbara” on here afterwards!

The swap seems to be a thing of the past, don’t think it’s been offered in live play or proveout at all in the new series. I remember them even occasionally offering it at the start instead of the first monetary offer!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:33 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Power5 wrote:

The swap seems to be a thing of the past, don’t think it’s been offered in live play or proveout at all in the new series. I remember them even occasionally offering it at the start instead of the first monetary offer!

I still remember word-for-word her speech after giving it away and taught it to my son as it made him laugh so much :lol: I wonder if Barbara realises her legacy 17 years later

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?
Forum Games Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
Power5 wrote:

I still remember word-for-word her speech after giving it away and taught it to my son as it made him laugh so much :lol: I wonder if Barbara realises her legacy 17 years later

It was her decision, alright? There were---th---th---reasons---it's just that her fingers were---there were, it was her decision, OK? Her decision. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:59 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Every time she's had the....she's had blue, she's had blue, she's had blue

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:06 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

Loved Sarah top left of your signature, just shame her game didn't go to plan!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:53 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

She was the world's greatest <3

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:45 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Most painful "red win" game ever?

daniel4389 wrote:
She was the world's greatest <3

I stuck her game onto the 'tube during the lockdown and I remember thinking ''ye, that lad was on to something there'' :lol:

Absolutely someone I'd be sharing a cig with outside a dingy nightclub alley

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]