Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:41 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:41 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Most painful "red win" game ever?
Poll ended at Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:25 pm
Clare 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Dot 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Stevie (1) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Swappy Matt 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Swappy Barbara 25%  25%  [ 8 ]
Ingerlise 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Donna (3) 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Christine 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Lynn (2) 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Paul B 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Brunhilde 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 32

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:15 am    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I can understand why she was upset. £21,000 is a very nice amount of money, which they could do a lot with but I don't think it would change their life, compared to the £59,000 the round later. She was close to no dealing and then getting the £59,000 offer, so I think it's also frustration as well...

Anyway, it's either Stevie's or Brunhilde's games for me. Both great characters on the wings with very disappointing game results. Especially Brunhilde's game, as she really needed the money.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:24 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

One thing I think we can all agree on is that Donnas game showed precisly why YOU SHOULD NOT GET ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED in your game.

Stevie deserved a big win I recall she had loads of big reds and the banker sent her some roses.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:14 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Has to be between Stevie and Barbara here for me. But in terms of which was most painful, then it has to be Barbara's. Stevie seemed mildly pissed off, saying "Well, if I can't trust meself, who can I trust?!" whereas Barbara seemed almost hysterical with that strange speech she gave.

So my vote goes to Barbara for the most painful due to the amount of money she swapped away!

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:16 am    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject:

What about Madie? He no-dealed at 128% of the mean (which is the highest anyone ever no dealed at) and managed to salvage £4,800.

Here, I picked Barbara because of the swap.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:19 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Noel_Blobby wrote:
What about Madie? He no-dealed at 128% of the mean (which is the highest anyone ever no dealed at) and managed to salvage £4,800.

that was self inflicted though. that no deal was silly with only a 10% chance of a 15K vs 100K meaning potential gain.

Sam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:48 am    Author: Sam    Post subject:

Most painful is Brunhilde.

Most cringeworthy is Donna.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:25 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I voted Lynn.

To be honest, i didnt find many of the others that painful to watch. But that one was probably the worst of the bunch.

redrum666

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I'm getting an outfit out of this vote, it has to be Clare!

It was just so horrid. She was so funny, entertaining and bubbly on the wings and this continued and became even more apparent in her game, with her hilarious comments about Noel's car. Plus the fact that she lives near me, I really wanted her to do well.

And it looked like she going to, the board at 8-box was powerful, the £20,000 offer was fair but either decision- deal or no deal- would have been understandable. Unfortunately, she took the no deal and it was shaping up brilliantly, right until that final box of round five when she hit the £250,000 and it just fell apart from there. One of the few games that have reduced me to tears.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:53 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

Brunhilde, probably. She obviously needed more than the £20k she was offered, and I don't think she was driven by greed, like most of them were.

Unix eight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:46 am    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

Swappy Barbara, I'll always remember her game as feeling the most sorry for a player.

Dave Show 56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:49 pm    Author: Dave Show 56    Post subject:

what about Maurice and the no-deal of £101k only to win £20k....that seemed like a nothing-amount at the time

Visit My Myspace

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.......10! Ha!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Morris wasn't too upset about it though... (at least not on the show) most of them on this list were.

Last edited by Lewis246 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Dave Show 56 wrote:
what about Maurice and the no-deal of £101k only to win £20k....that seemed like a nothing-amount at the time

Yes, good point! Compare that to when Ron won £20k on Friday, it felt more like £250k!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:54 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

He still won 20K which was a good sum of money though. Depends on how the win originates I guess, if it's an average game a 20K win like fisherman ian's, ron's it would feel great whereas it was a disappointing end after the build up.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

I did think about some of the "big gamble gone wrong" games where the player lost a lot of money but still went away with a red - Morris, Khanny, Di, Julian etc. But these contestants were true to their Wakeyist principles and knew the risks they were taking, so they were perhaps not as bad to watch as those who made the difficult decision to turn down more modest sums and really regretted it, or some of the early deal or swap examples as well.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:29 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

yes that's OK most of those players took it well. good point. They turned down good offers.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

There were probably also some people who positively relished their collapse - I think I did at the time for Khanny, I probably did for Julian, and even basicasic did for Di!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:26 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I don't know about 'relishing collapses'? i remember being 'concerned' during Julian's game and didn't know what to make of Khanny's. i don't want to sound like a hypocritical viewer.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I thought Di's was funny becuase she completely got on my nerves, and her attitude saying "I didn't come here for 44k" - like it was £44 or something! I thought she was silly to gamble, but Graeme did a similar one, but was desperate for it to pay off for him becuase I really liked him! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I was speaking in a hypothetical, though it applied to me in a few cases. I suspect your reaction, alex, would have been more a straightforward :shock: .

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]