Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 17 posts ] 

swasnut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:56 am    Author: swasnut    Post subject: hi

Warnings: 0
hello there, I'm new.
I'm at university at the moment and I got into the show because one of my flatmates said Noel Edmonds was on the telly again. This was reason enough for me to watch it and I've hardly missed a show since. Most of our flat is well into the game now and we normally all gather round the telly to watch it every afternoon. It's like a ritual. ha ha ha ha.
Well done on the site, we're impressed. :)

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:01 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

:welcome: swasnut

Great to hear you like site.

Sounds like it could be great fun around your flat every afternoon, is there loads of shouting at the screen DEAL - NO DEAL :)

swasnut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:39 pm    Author: swasnut    Post subject:

yes indeed,

Last edited by swasnut on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punk Boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:36 am    Author: Punk Boy    Post subject:

I still stand by what I said in the DELETED post.

swasnut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:45 pm    Author: swasnut    Post subject:

well i never read it, so i can't really comment.
why was it deleted?

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:04 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

swasnut wrote:
well i never read it, so i can't really comment.
why was it deleted?

Lets just say that Punk Boy has a very colourful use of the english language and seems intent on throwing abuse at anyone who introduces themselves and says they watch the show.

bork

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:36 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

I see no reason for not banning him then.

This is clearly a forum for talking about a game we all watch and enjoy.

If he abuses people that like the show then move him on.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:55 am    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

I agree - ban him - until he reaches puberty.

Punk Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:30 pm    Author: Punk Boy    Post subject:

GeordieGerry wrote:

*beep* YOU

What I'm trying to say is a lot of you people seem to bring up topics that are very very boring.

I'm trying to bring along a bit of dry humour on here. For God's sake, this is the Internet!

People should be allowed to express themselves in that kind of way if they wish. :roll:

Freedom of speech yo'

Dont get me wrong, I'm a genuine fan. I go way back to the start of the thing :D

kestral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of humour, but some of your posts didn't contain humour and were direct insults/swearing at members.

This may have been meant in a humorous manner and may have sounded humorous if spoken in a certain way, but the blunt way it was written it came across as a direct attack on the original poster.

As you say and I totally agree, everyone is entitled to put across their own opinions and I agree with your comment about free speech, but finding a topic boring and writing '**** thread' in 10cm high bold characters as a reply is not something that I particularly want to see and I would imagine all the other members would not want to read either.

You seem to dislike people introducing themselves and telling everyone a little about themselves. Why bother reading these posts if you find them boring, surely when you meet someone in public and they introduce themselves you don't tell them they are boring for saying hi and tell them to '**** off', if you do then you'll quickly find yourself very lonely.

If you find a topic/thread boring why read it and post a insulting comment, just ignore it and move on. Your reply to the statistics post highlights a very immature reply. Why not start topics that you find interesting about the show?

The forum has a very friendly community feeling to it, about a show that everyone here clearly enjoys. I would rather not go around banning people, but there are only so many chances someone can be given.

Punk Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:03 pm    Author: Punk Boy    Post subject:

Well it seems to be the case that if you're offended over the Internet then you take things too seriously.

If you want to call me a prick, then go ahead!

You say that people on here dont want that kind of language, but who on here hasn't shouted an expletive or two. I very much doubt that you have little children on here posting anyway. Theres an age limit isn't there?

I think it is a bit blatently dull if you do try introducing yourself to a forum as a n00b, to me it gives me the interpretation the person is trying to seek attention and feel wanted/loved/appreciated.

How about we have a "special place" for registered users only, or people who would like things irrelevent to DOND but "crudely offensive". I think that would be a good solution? Maybe myself moderate it.

Kind Regards

Alex x

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:15 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

Punk Boy wrote:
GeordieGerry wrote:

*beep* YOU

What I'm trying to say is a lot of you people seem to bring up topics that are very very boring.

I'm trying to bring along a bit of dry humour on here. For God's sake, this is the Internet!

People should be allowed to express themselves in that kind of way if they wish. :roll:

Freedom of speech yo'

Dont get me wrong, I'm a genuine fan. I go way back to the start of the thing :D

People should be allowed to express themselves in that kind of way if they wish.

Great in theory but taking it to it's logical conclusion what you are actually saying is that it is ok for people to use words to persuade others to kill you and your family because you are a different colour or follow a different religion to them.

With freedom of speech comes the responsibility to use it wisely and sometimes there comes a need for censorship.

By now you will have an idea of the type of website this is and what offends the people who use it.

Use your freedom of speech on her wisely .... and if you can crack jokes ... do so.

GEORDIE GERRY - laughing at Lenny Bruce and Richard Pryor and Derek and Clive Live when you were still swimming around in your dad's left nut!

Punk Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:19 pm    Author: Punk Boy    Post subject:

GeordieGerry wrote:

GEORDIE GERRY - laughing at the size of size of his cock and how well that £20 will go towards making it bigger!

Fix'd

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:27 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Punkboy/Alex

I have received a few messages regarding your continued pointless attacks on fellow members. It appears that you find the general content of the posts on this forum not to your liking, if this is so why not look elsewhere for another site that appeals to you.

Punk Boy wrote:
How about we have a "special place" for registered users only, or people who would like things irrelevent to DOND but "crudely offensive". I think that would be a good solution? Maybe myself moderate it.

I don't see the point of setting up a section on this site for one person to use to post irrelevent 'crudely offensive' material. The site is about DOND, and is for the fans of DOND to discuss the show.

Just for you and as a one off, I have set up your own totally FREE DOND forum where you can write what you want when you want. You can find it at the following link http://www.forumage.com/index.php?mforum=punkboy

I've sent you a PM with all your log-in and admin details to use the site, I hope you enjoy it and get loads of happy content members.

I'll certainly be joining your forum as a member, as I will be very interested to see your forum full of interesting topics and not as you say 'topics that are very very boring' that YOU seem to find here.

I WILL though remember NOT to introduce myself :wink:

Enjoy your forum, I hope you have fun.

Punk Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:56 pm    Author: Punk Boy    Post subject:

As much as I appreciate you tring to fit in with what I post, perhaps something that can be accessed on THIS FORUM, without having to go through a link to it. I think you can actually hide it from the rest or if I'm administrator people ask for permission to join the group?

That way I would be more than happy.

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:38 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Sorry punkboy, that isn't going to happen. As I said above this site is for talking about DOND, you've now got your very own site/forum that you can express your opinions on any subject you like.

We don't need such an area on this site.

End of discussion.

swasnut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:15 am    Author: swasnut    Post subject:

Punk Boy wrote:
I think it is a bit blatently dull if you do try introducing yourself to a forum as a n00b, to me it gives me the interpretation the person is trying to seek attention and feel wanted/loved/appreciated.

ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!
Funnily enough I started this thread for the obvious reason, to say hello.
If there was an "Introduce Yourself" thread I would have posted it there, but there wasn't so i posted a new thread.
You certainly have a very immature attitude to the internet.
No offence, it's humour.
:lol:
PS Sorry Kestral, I know it was end of discussion, but I started this thread, I might as well finish it.

[ 17 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]