Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 16 posts ] 

Gill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:05 pm    Author: Gill    Post subject: Hi - Gill here (Show 66)

Warnings: 0
Hi DOND fans. What a fab website - I can't believe how DOND has taken off and how many people have become addicted to it. I've really enjoyed reading all the comments and looking at the photo gallery. It brings it all back.... :D
It's amazing that everyone who watches has a different opinion of you as a contestant. I found myself very boring to watch but find everyone else really entertaining!!
Anyway, if you didn't see my show then I won £11k which I luckily dealt at the right time. I was sooo tempted to play on though as was convinced the £75k was in my box. Luckilt wasn't! I think I had the £250 in my box (losing my memory already).
Well, would like to hear any comments you have... glad to have discovered this site.
Gill
xxx

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:32 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Hi Gill, I really enjoyed your show and thought you were unlucky to be offered only 11k, but I'm glad you dealt at that point and 11k is a lot of money. You had a lot of big numbers in your box up until you went on and most players have a small number in their box when playing, so I'm glad you weren't tempted to go further. I was shouting at the screen 'DEAL' and you did. Very well done Gill!

No Deal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:49 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

Hello Gill! :D

I really enjoyed your show too, and I think you did really well- and as Greeny's just said, eleven grand's alot of money and LOADS of players have gone away with much less- take poor old Nick! :( Very well done indeed, Gill! :D I imagine it was a brilliant and unique experience?!

I was hooked on DOND from the first episode I saw back in December last year- and I'm not one for game shows as a rule- but DOND's no ordinary game show! Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie here!

:D

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:03 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Hi Gill, enjoyed your show :D have you had a look back through your game in the gallery?

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

The 1st ever show i saw was Max's game, and i started watching it from there

Gill, what does the banker sound like?

No Deal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:11 am    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

AaronB wrote:

Good question! :-D I expect him to have a deep gruff, rather posh voice- slightly sozzled due to too much Claret! :wink:

:D

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:15 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

it would be good if he came in the studio so everyone knows who he is

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:09 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

AaronB wrote:
The 1st ever show i saw was Max's game, and i started watching it from there

That was the first real show I paid much attention to, and Gill was left to the end and she had the 250k.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:38 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

:welcome: Gill

It's great that you've found us and like the site, it's always really good to hear from the contestants and hear about their experience on the show.

Well done on your win of £11,000, you played well and dealt at the perfect time and got the maximum out of the banker :smt038

Nice to hear you like the picture gallery, I try to show it as a story board of the whole game as it plays out, and if possible capture some of the emotion/reactions of the players throughout the game (it seems to work Ok, I've not had any negative comments yet :crossfingers: )

Once again, welcome aboard, hope you enjoy it here :D

Gill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Author: Gill    Post subject:

Thanks Kestral. I'm really impressed with the site. I've had a look at the picture gallery - it's fab. It really works well in telling the "story".
For those who asked what the banker sounds like - well, I thought he sounded like a pervert!! You know - like the ones who would make dirty phone calls! He had a deep, rough voice (you can imagine it from the movies!!). So I wasn't joking when I said to Noel that he scared me! He didn't sound at all like what I thought he would. :smt009

Well, thanks for writing to me - keep them coming...

Gill
xxx

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

:lol: lol

i think someone sai his voice was posh

think it was arlette

mally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:42 pm    Author: mally    Post subject: GILL

HI GILL , CAN I SAY THAT YOU PLAYED YOUR GAME BRIL , YOU LOOKED FANTSTICK , TRUE CLASS, NO WOUNDER THEY PICKED YOU FOR DOND PLAyed the game well

swasnut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:53 am    Author: swasnut    Post subject:

Hey Gill!
I think out of the four people who watch DOND in my flat, we've all agreed you were our favourite contestant. Congratulations on your winnings!

VixenWales

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:01 am    Author: VixenWales    Post subject:

Hi Gill, Great to see you on the site, you were a fab contestant! Well done, hope you've been spending your winnings wisely! :D

jonny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:45 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

loved ya gill! :)

Darren

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:04 pm    Author: Darren    Post subject:

Hi Gill! I remember your show, your by far probably one of my favorite contestants (no offence to the rest of them :P ) I had my fingers crossed that you went away with a huge amount of cash, 11K was still a nice amount though and I hope it brought a little happiness into your life.

I hope you continue to visit back here and chat to us fans, its really nice that we can express our feelings and thoughts to other contestants, and get to know them that little bit better!

Take care!

[ 16 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]