Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:48 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:48 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 

geoffr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:52 pm    Author: geoffr    Post subject: Another adict signing in...

Warnings: 0
Hey!

I've been watching it from about the 2nd week and have become totally hooked. At first I thought 'How can this be entertaining?' but I've realised that the banter between Noel and the contestants is often just priceless.

I have to admit that running through my head was always 'If I was on I'd just start at box 1 and work up.' I was amazed that it took so long before someone did such.

The fact that it is so random makes it extremely compelling; I'm glad it's now being repeated on More4 and More4+1... more chances to catch the odd missed episode.

Anyone been keeping track of the order that boxes have been selected? I keep a record if I catch it right from the beginning, but only the box number and amount ---- I really should have noted who had the box too. :)

No, I don't have anything better to do. :lol:

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:33 am    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Hi geoffr

Welcome to the forum :D

Glad to have another addict aboard. It is a strangely addictive show, I know when I first started watching it I thought this doesn't look anything that special. But it has a hook that draws you in, I think you've got it spot on about the banter it adds that certain something that makes the show.

It is interesting now more and more of the contestants are trying out thier strategies as you say. We've had the starting at box 1 ( how he skipped box 9 was spooky, and worked brilliantly in the end), and also the other day was all the odd numbers then the evens. Today ( or that will be yesterday now - i've just looked at the clock :oops: ) we had micheal choosing all the female contestants first and then the male ones.

It will be good to see how many more systems are thought of, as you say at the end of the day though it's totally random.

I'll stop rambling for now.

Welcome aboard and don't forget to tell your friends and family where we are and hopefully we can get a nice little community together

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Some of the systems are great, some don't work though. Michael's system sort of flopped as the women had the majority of the high numbers. It's odd how some players on Contestant's Row always have big numbers yet others hardly ever have big numbers. I know it is by random, but it sometimes looks like some players always have high numbers eg. Liz and Julie.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:03 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Hi greeny

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here.

I've noticed it as well that some players get a long run of big numbers, also that new contestants get a big number in their box on their first time on the show. All the contestants have picked up on the new contestants with big numbers thing as well and are quite often very wary of picking them.

As you say it's all random but it's interesting seeing these little things crop up and how the players adjust their game because of it.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:15 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Liz had yet another huge box, and Gill (my favourite) has suddenly started getting a lot of big numbers as well. Weird as it is chosen at random, Liz has had 4 blue boxes since she joined the show towards the end of 2005. She's had the 250k once, the 100k three times, the 75k twice and the 50k a couple of times. The new player curse has ended, the last few new players have had really small amounts, including today's new player who had 1p.

[ 5 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]