Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ] 

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Scott has joined

Warnings: 0
Hey everybody I would just like to take moment to introduce myself to the site.
I have been waiting a while for this and now feel calm enough to address some of the comments you have left and if at all possible answer any questions.
The person I would like to pick fault with is Charles. You sir are an arrogant little man that can take your silly decisions and recklessly stick them where the sun does not shine.
You are not taking everything into account when watching the game played before your eyes, and quite obviously not listening to a damn word that is said throughout the show. Did you ever ask questions when you were little or always told to be quite. Let's keep it simple, when a child asks a question they most times tend to start WHY?
If you had bothered to stop and ask yourself why has he done this? Or why has he done that? You may have had a better understanding to my game. Not only that most answers were given by the banker and Noel.
I applied to go on the show over 2 and a half years ago, I was with the girl that I married and had children too. I did it to change our life. Just before Christmas last year she saw fit to leave me for another man. Fine. I get the call from deal. Great chance to change my life.
When I played my game I took no emotion into that room no photos or the like, I had an opportunity that many men don't get. Most men take offers or bail out and this I think is because of hunter gatherer. A need to provide!
I had nothing, I had lost everything, I could go in that room and play the game and take any outcome because either way I was starting again and if I had to go work for it then so be it, it's what I have always done.
I had an overwhelming desire to be the first male quarter millionaire. Not just for the money or to be greedy, but because I wanted that title, and was in a bloody good place to get it. Had it been there I would have gone for it and yes even if it had been between the 1p and £250,000 with an offer of £125,000.
The decisions I took were not reckless they were brave, it took every scrap of energy and belief I had that, that was my day. Look at the emotion in my face as I take that last no deal. Oh yes it was real and i knew exactly what I was doing but it wasn't easy. When they film the programme they do edit it you know.
It is after all a gameshow I played the game and I hope it was a good show. Games are there to be played, you win some you lose some, or you bail, if everybody always took the sensible decision it would be a bit dull. I don't think you played many sports and are defiantly a bad sport to hope that I didn't get the £50,000. It's not just that everybody that sits in that chair is different, with believes, goals, figures or whatever. They may take some kind of emotion in or whatever. But it is their game and choice for whatever reason, you may do it different and have an opinion about that but the choices and the outcome are not yours to be made no matter how you feel.
For some reason you seem to be a bitter man with a dull outlook on life.

To everybody, Charles included
Hello and it's a pleasure to meet you all! :D

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:23 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Welcome! I enjoyed your game, not because you had the guts to go for it but you seemed a great person... and it was brave, not reckless as when are you ever going to have a chance of trying to win the £50,000 again? Probably never... unless your lucky enough to go on another game show.

Good luck with that court case or whatever is currently going on.

...and Charles is not me, unlike some who think it is me.

Hope you will stay with the forum as there are previous players who have played the show on here... like the Mike who just played on Monday.

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:27 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Hey Mark
Thanks, I'll be sticking around! Big Mike is a good mate of mine and the one that put me on to this site in the first place, so fingers crossed should be some laughs. :laughing

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:27 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined
Global Moderator

Welcome! :smt023

I really admire the way you stood up for Ady the other day, BTW.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Last edited by hogwild94 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Hey Hog!

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:31 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined
Forum Games Moderator

:wave: Hello :wave:

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:44 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Hello Skyline! :smt023

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:14 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Hey scott 50k Very brave Decision. I would dealt what you got offered between 50k and ? :D Anyway Welcome to the madhouse we dont bite :D

hevelius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

:smt023 Great to have u on here Scott...and a huge congratulations on your win.i was so rooting for u,and after reading your story it seems all the more sweet.i TOTALLY know how
u felt about wanting to be the first male QM.even tho' i have yet to get the call,i still have
the desire-and a story to tell if/when i finally make the crazy chair.that first guy could have
been filmed-but if not i will keep BELIEVING....so well done again Scott-u had BELIEF and it
paid off handsomely for u-WELL DONE!

Big Mike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 pm    Author: Big Mike    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Ooh hello ;) Fancy meeting you here. Well said pal, after all I WAS there and I can vouch for the atmosphere and the passion in your game, you talked the talk in the wings and you sure walked the walk when you had to. Had loads of respect for you then, and even more since the 'recent events' shall we say. Nice one!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Welcome to the forum Scott. I have to admit that I'm in the camp of people who thought the gamble you took at the end was one that was beyond my gambling level.

In fact this is what I ended my post after your thread with

Simon F wrote:

All I can say is lucky, lucky, lucky.

HOWEVER - as someone who has been fortunate to see 2 power 5 wins live as a pilgrim (including Dale's £100k win which was also a huge gamble), I respect the player's right to make any decision they want (for example, there's not a chance I would have no dealt the £26k that he turned down to try and win his £100k but I was giving him a standing ovation when Noel revealed the £100k at the end of his game).

I may not agree with it but as you say, if everyone played sensibly then the show wouldn't have last this long.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined
International Forums Moderator

You came in with a plan, an attitude that I for one wouldn't even have contemplated (heck, if I were there in Bristol with you I'd have told you to not gamble for more than you could spend in a hurry - thank goodness you played at a time with five months between recording and transmission!) but although I don't find such play entertaining most of the time as it removes the drama of when/if a player's going to bail out, every time a player like you gets a finish like that it's a thriller.

People in extraordinary situations do extraordinary things. For better and/or worse. And for you, it turned out for the better. Hope the investment you've made in your future proves successful also.

(PS I find it hilarious that the man your ex betrayed you for was a truck driver as there's a politician in the US called Scott Brown who's famous for driving a truck!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Hey to everybody!
Love the comments thanks, that yank truck driver thing is funny. I tell you what you just couldn't write the crap I have had to deal with over recent months. Laugh at life! Ha
Thanks again! Scott!

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Oh yeah and looking good BIG MIKE! :smt023

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:38 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Hey Scott,

Well said, I don't get this ideology that someone is reckless, too cautious, silly, greedy etc. At the end of the day, it's THEIR game, they know what the money would mean to THEM and they know THEMSELVES as a person. Yes, you can sit and say what you think you would have done but there's no way you can sit and criticize somebody for making a decision for themselves because you will never know their full circumstances or their full character. I was delighted that the gamble paid off for you especially now that I've read about what happened at Christmas. I really hope the courtcase works out for you as you come across to me as a decent guy who has been to hell and back in the last 10 months or so and I really hope that you and your kids get all you want out of the £50k and that your ex wife doesn't get anything from your winnings because at the end of the day, she has zero entitlement to it!

Hope to see you around the forum,

Kevin

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Hi Scott. We met once at the studios, you may not recal but when Noel had you stumped on a sweep, and demanded an answer as to what you would do if it was your game, I met you outside and I told you that you should reply "id ask for a sweep" if he asked again!! Shame it never happened!! Think I saw most of your box opening games, but managed to miss your actual show! Cant believe that out of the few shows i missed last series, they included Yours, Big Mikes, Nongs (who i was sat outside the door waiting for game 2 of the day!!) and the 2000th wind up!! Oh well such is life! Hope all is well though, and whatever life throws at you, enjoy it and come out strong. Im just looking forward to Oct 1st to get back to the studios again!

Oh and nice comeback to Charles!!

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:10 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

hi there. welcome to the mad house lol. :-D

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:46 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
Hi Scott. We met once at the studios, you may not recal but when Noel had you stumped on a sweep, and demanded an answer as to what you would do if it was your game, I met you outside and I told you that you should reply "id ask for a sweep" if he asked again!! Shame it never happened!! Think I saw most of your box opening games, but managed to miss your actual show! Cant believe that out of the few shows i missed last series, they included Yours, Big Mikes, Nongs (who i was sat outside the door waiting for game 2 of the day!!) and the 2000th wind up!! Oh well such is life! Hope all is well though, and whatever life throws at you, enjoy it and come out strong. Im just looking forward to Oct 1st to get back to the studios again!

Oh and nice comeback to Charles!!

Hey John yeah I do remember you saying that! Excellent made me chuckle when you said, I liked that comment then and now! Ha I used to get some stick when asked the questions all the time and got fed up of looking like the reckless gambler, but it's what I would have done because it turned out that's what I did and had my reasons for doing that. A real shame you missed my show you would have enjoyed the cut bits, it was quite tense. You know what I wish I had 50k to give the banker back, because I would then get the divorce and have a go again, I wanted the title first male quarter millionaire more than the money or anything else, just to be the first man to do that would have been great! Nice to meet you again John take care Scott.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:25 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Scott has joined

Welcome to the forums Scott. :)

I didn't watch your game but good on you for playing it your way and congratulations on winning £50k! :smt023

[ 19 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]