Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

darren38

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 am    Author: darren38    Post subject: Hi all

Warnings: 0
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to be a recent contestant, and would just like to say a big thankyou to this site, as it was a big help to me before I went on the show. I had one of the greatest experiences of my life while on the show, and I have made many new, life friends. It seems to me strange that a show can bring together 22 complete strangers, and make them so close, so wanting, and willing the days contestant to win big money, even though you may have only known each other for a few days. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank, the audience members who frequent these boards, as they were absolutely fantastic.

Cheers :D 8)

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:25 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Has your game been aired yet?...

Welcome! :)

darren38

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 am    Author: darren38    Post subject: Re: Hi all

No, Starting soon (beginning of June) Maybe I will get the famous OH DEAR moment :lol: ;) , maybe not......

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:56 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Hi all

HOPEFULLY you won't.....

Who do you replace?

darren38

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:24 pm    Author: darren38    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Lol, not sure I should say, dont want to spoil things 8)

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Well there is a section called "Spoilers - Discuss ALL Deal or No Deal spoilers here" on here.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hi all
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Darren! Looking forward to seeing you on the show.

holly

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:18 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Welcome Darren, good luck in your game!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:13 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Welcome to the forums Darren!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:48 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Hi all
Global Moderator

Welcome! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:58 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Welcome Darren.

The vast majority of us love having contestants posting on the boards.

darren38

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:13 pm    Author: darren38    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Lol I really dont mind. Having been lucky enough to be on the show, and have a great time. I dont mind at all people telling me how I should play my game etc. Hopefully one day they will get their chance too, and put what they preach into practice :D ;) I like Marks "OH DEAR" comments. Life would be boring if we were all the same, would it not. I would like to talk about deal a lot more, but as you will realise, im pretty tied up on that front at the moment. What I will say is, that, im a very shy man, and was astounded when I got picked for the show. DOND want IMHO a good mix of characters Loud, proud, quiet, shy, outgoing, nutters 8) ;). Its the only show I have ever applied for, and was extremely daunted by the amount of people there, and the interview process, etc. I would like to encourage people to apply for this opportunity of a life time. You wont regret it.......... In most cases ;)

hevelius

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:32 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hi all

: :) Welcome Darren-great to have u on board,i hope u had a great game,and enjoy yourself on here.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:11 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Hi Darren. :)

Congratulations on winning £23,000! :smt023

hevelius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hi all

:D Well done Darren-hope u enjoy your winnings-congratulations!

shindiggidog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 pm    Author: shindiggidog    Post subject: Newbie...

Hey everyone!

I'm a Newbie to the site - love DOND and have applied a couple of times to the show - hopefully I'll be taking the Walk of Wealth very soon ;)

Can anyone give me any tips or hints on where to go on the site etc?

Cheers guys,

S. :smt023

darren38

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 pm    Author: darren38    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Thanks guys and Mr Banker 8) ;)

darren38

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm    Author: darren38    Post subject: Re: Newbie...

shindiggidog wrote:
Hey everyone!

I'm a Newbie to the site - love DOND and have applied a couple of times to the show - hopefully I'll be taking the Walk of Wealth very soon ;)

Can anyone give me any tips or hints on where to go on the site etc?

Cheers guys,

S. :smt023

Hi,

The biggest piece of advice I can offer you is to study odds/percentages at various stages of the game. During your time in the wings, I feel it also helps if you let the banker know that you are a good board reader by telling your fellow contestants who are playing at the time their odds of taking out various boxes at certain stages of the game. This may not have come across much in my time on the wings, but a lot of stuff gets edited out of the final version of the show that you see on tv. That fact is not so important IMHO. What is important is that you know the odds, and are prepared to take a calculated risk, to a certain point and that the banker knows that ;)

I hope that helps, and good luck :smt023

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Hi all

Yeah, well done for the win... could have had more... but at least it wasn't MEGA MEGA MEGA more.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Hi all
Forum Games Moderator

Yup, congrats! I watched your game, and I also have percentage dice too! :P :P

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]