Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:32 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:32 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

Debbiekb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:55 pm    Author: Debbiekb    Post subject: Newby

Warnings: 0
Hi Im new on here today and was hoping someone could answer a question, I am sure it has been asked before but here goes. My Mum sent off her application 3 weeks ago and had THE phone call yesterday. She was taken a bit by surprise but had a chat with the lady on the phone who asked her about her family, hobbies etc. She wasnt given a date for an audition but was told her details would be passed to the team and someone would be in touch within 2 weeks. From reading on here it seems to me that she had not been picked but I dont want to dampen her spirits yet. Has anyone had the same call and been called back with a date. Thanks for reading my long question and hopefully someone can give me an answer.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:38 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Newby
Global Moderator

Welcome! :smt023

I would wait two weeks and see if they call back first if I was you.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

holly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:41 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Newby

Hi!

Sorry I can't answer your question I'm afraid :(

hevelius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:13 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Newby

:crossfingers: hi Debbie-fingers crossed that your mum hears within the 2 wks.
it sounds like there is a good chance they will,so heres hoping she will get
an audition...and then hopefully be chosen as one of the lucky contestants!...
its an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity...so good luck to your mum!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Newby

Welcome to the forums Debbie! :)

I don't know how the application/audition process works but my advice would be just to wait and see. The fact that they called her in the first place surely means they must be interested? They have her details and just because they haven't got in contact within two weeks doesn't mean it's a definite no. I've heard people have to wait years before they got on so never say never. Well fingers crossed for your mum anyway! :crossfingers:

Jimmy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Newby
Global Moderator

Welcome Debbie. I wish your mother the best of luck with her application and hope all goes well. :wave:

Debbiekb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:54 pm    Author: Debbiekb    Post subject: Re: Newby

Hi again. Thanks for all the replies and good wishes for my Mum. Will let you all know if she gets any more news. What a friendly bunch of people. X

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]