Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 20 posts ] 

ozziebird

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:34 pm    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Yoohooo......

Warnings: 0
:box: everyone :P

Absolutely great forum !!

I had an audition at the beginning of september 2010, gained a silver ticket and as yet :ponder: havnt received a rejection email so am really praying they have now finished sending them and its just a waiting game :suspect: especially with the new applications recently closing and calls starting to filter through for next batch of auditions. hey ho I can live in hope. :D

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your application! :welcome:

hevelius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

:D welcome ozziebird-good luck with your application-and i hope u have
fun on here!...garry aka 'hevelius'.

selv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:09 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

Hi Ozziebird, nice to have someone on here from downunder hey cobber? have there been any ozzies on the show yet?anyway goodluck and hope you do not have to wait toooooooooo long ;)

ozziebird

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:29 pm    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

Thanks everyone :D

:lol: @ selv, I wish I was an 'ozzie bird' but unfortunately ozzie is the name of my parrot ;)

selv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:36 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :oops: ...love to ozzie then....

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:32 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

Welcome to the forums! Good luck with your application! :)

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:49 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

Hi Ozziebird...my hubby is waiting too xx :box:

ozziebird

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:43 pm    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

best of luck to your hubby too Lindy :-D from figures quoted it seemed that aprox 1 in 3 would make the show, 1000 silver tickets and 333 places so great odds :smt023

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:13 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

Hey ozzie :) welcome and good luck with the application

waytom17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:54 pm    Author: waytom17    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

hi all...

my first post...

i got a silver ticket back in august and was OVER the moon and still am....

had a great day in Bristol and and great trip down as me and my dad made a day of it...

still no rejection letter, email call etc and as far as i know from here no one has had a no so sadly i'd say no one will hear if its a no (i sooo hope i'm wrong)...

anyway, good news recently for me as my partner gave birth to my little son; ewan...

good luck to all....
wayne

ozziebird

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:14 am    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

Hi Wayne........ your wrong :lol: I think we had an aprox 1 in 3 chance and I have heard of loads of rejections being sent out (on different places on the net), staggered over past few months, last ones being around 23 december :smt023 (first ones being early october) apparently the guys said this was the first batch of auditions they were starting to definately let people know either way with, as so many were upset at not knowing in the past and being on tenderhooks ........... still nothing here yet...........surely to goodness they have gone through allour tapes now and whittled them down, if you google deal or no deal rejection email a few will come up, I could be wrong, but I am sure I read about 1 or 2 on here, just off to look and good luck to you too :smt023

ozziebird

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 am    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

brief mention here for starters :P :P

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20663

oh :banana: forgot to say huge congrats on the birth of your Son :smt023 8)

waytom17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:38 am    Author: waytom17    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

that just states theyve not had a yes or no either mate.... i'll keep waiting..

thanks for the good luck msg too...

:)

ozziebird

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:25 pm    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

sorry if i confused you wayne, I know it didnt have a post from a person who had received one, I was just highlighting bananabread had also heard of rejection emails too ,(many also keep in touch with others after the audition ;) ) Also a friend of mine who auditioned the same day as me (well an aquantance from my hubbys work really) she received a rejection email in november, they are headed 'DOND Feedback', if you also look on dond official forum (nowhere near as busy as this one ;) ) there are several members on there who have sadly had rejection emails dating from october to 23nd december so loads have received them already and know of others who have too , so they have been letting silver ticket holders know if its sadly been a 'no' :D

2lucky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:16 pm    Author: 2lucky    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

Have you guys heard back yet??

Hope you were all successful??? X :smt023

ozziebird

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:29 pm    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

still no rejection email here as yet, its 9 months since my audition so praying its just a waiting game now, have checked emails and spam daily, so praying liek mad now :laughing

hevelius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

:crossfingers: i have my fingers crossed for u,ozziebird.9 months is a breeze-i have been waiting nearly 5 yrs since my audition,and STILL havent given up!!...however i was contacted twice at halloween, and told not to give up,and received a letter a few months ago,and was told there would have been no contact if no hope.so i have taken the letter as hope i'm still
in with a shout.i auditioned in the days before bronze/silver/gold tkts.all the best with your application.garry aka 'hevelius'.DON'T STOP BELIEVING-HOLD ONTO THAT FEELING.

ozziebird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:22 am    Author: ozziebird    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

wishing you all the luck in the world hevelius , at least it wasnt a definitive no!... last year they said they were definately starting to let auditionees know either way....obviously a no would be emailed and a yes would be a wait until you got the call.......so sad they didnt do this on all previous auditions, people are so desperate to get on and making the silver stage leaves many with false hope when they dont hear either way afterwards, there must be something in your 2 calls, I mean why woudl they call you if its a definate no, least thats the way i see it :ponder: best of luck matey, you never know what life will throw at you.....just so long as its not a brick :laughing

hevelius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Yoohooo......

:smt051 thanx so much for your kind words of encouragement ozziebird,i really do wish u all the luck in the world and hope with all my heart that u get on the show.yes i realise that i have waited a very long time,and feel sure that most folk would have given up by now.however my story of twice being contacted at halloween,twice told i could still get on,added to a fortune teller predicting a coincidence, and saying that i would have to wait a very long time but would really make a name for myself...well can anyone blame me for drawing attention to my story!!...the letter sent to me a few months ago said 'if you are successful a member of the contestant team will be in touch'....this is after they state they do not enter into any correspondence if unsuccessful....i think i'm still in the mix...i would almost certainly be the person who has waited the longest and with my halloween story there would be plenty to talk about!!....most forum readers on here would recognise my story for sure if i got in the crazy chair!....the thing is i feel good about it all and optimistic,not down that i havent been on yet.i believe in the power of positive thought...and i send that positivity
to u with all my best wishes...garry aka 'hevelius'.DON'T STOP BELIEVING-HOLD ONTO THAT FEELING....... :box:

[ 20 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]